Status: Active

Blood Lines

A New Beginning

Throughout these 3 years since dad had left and mom’s untimely passing, I hadn’t even made a dent in the money mom left me. Adam has taught me how to manage money for things and I am grateful to him. He showed me how to get the bills paid and I learned from my mom’s many recipes how to cook and bake different foods. I’ve bought little for myself and it still left me over 300,000 dollars. Adam Hardy did live up to my mother’s last wish. He took me on my 16th birthday and got my permit and next year I’ll be able to trade in my permit for a license.

I know I have a lot of money still but I’d like to keep it built up for emergency uses only so I need to start looking for a job. I left the kitchen and went out the front door of my home and walked down to the mailbox grabbing the mail and the newspaper. I went back into the house and sat down in the living room sorting through the mail. I had no bills yet but I was expecting a Water and Electric bill to be coming soon. Some of the other pieces of mail were advertisements and people trying to get me to take out loans or get credit cards. Adam taught me long ago to never get started with those because one missed payment can get you far behind. I sure as hell don’t want to get in that kind of mess.

I opened up the newspaper to see if anything interesting had happened here in Huntington Beach and there was nothing new. It was just the same old news like every day. I turned to classifieds and scanned through each column until I found the Help Wanted section. I scanned over a few and they didn’t seem interesting enough. I found another one and it looked pleasing.

HELP WANTED!!!!

In need for a babysitter and housekeeper. Must love kids and pets. Pay is good and worker must have own means of transportation. Please call the number below between the hours of 12 noon to 7pm.


I checked my phone and it was just a little after 3 in the afternoon. I dialed in the number below the ad and pressed call. I hope no one else has gotten the job already.

”Hello?”

“Hello, my name is Roxy Burns and I’m calling in regards to your ad in the paper about a babysitter and housekeeper.” I said looking down at the paper making sure I was getting everything right.

“Which are you applying for?”

“I’m willing to do both.” I said politely.

”Alright, I’ll talk to my husband and call you right back. Is this the number I can reach you at?”

“Yes ma’am.” I said smiling to myself.

“Good. Now you stay by that phone and I’ll call you right back.”

“Okay ma’am.” I said and we said our goodbyes and hung up my phone keeping it beside me as I read through the rest of the classifieds waiting patiently for the woman to call me back.

~~~~~~~~~~~MATT’S POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After listening to Brian cuss and make weird noises when he messes up and changing guitars all the time, we finally were able to take a break. As soon as I sat down, my phone began to ring.

“Hey sweetheart.” I answered.

Hey I just called to tell you that I got some news from the ad we put in the paper.”

“Yeah?” I questioned and sitting up in my seat.

”Yes! A Roxy Burns called and said she can do both the babysitting and housekeeping job. I told her I would call her back after I called you.”

“That’s wonderful! I’m off tomorrow so call her back and have her come to the house for an interview at 2.” I said grabbing the beer Zacky put in front of me.

“I will and I’ll let you know more tonight when you get home.”

“Okay babe. I’ll see you when I get home.” I said and we said our goodbyes and I hung up placing my phone in my shirt pocket.

“What are you all smiley about?”

“Someone applied to the Ad for a babysitter and housekeeper. I’m having Val call the young lady back and she’ll be over tomorrow at 2.” I said taking a drink.

“Will we get to meet the employee?”

“Jimmy, I haven’t interviewed her yet.” I said placing my beer down on the table.

“So it’s a chick?”

“Yes and don’t worry guy I’ll let you meet her is she gets the job.” I said and Jimmy bounced up and down in his seat like a little kid. I swear he can still be a child at times but that’s what makes him funny.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments please? maybe some subscriptions too? recommendations would be nice.

I know it's short but there's another chapter on the way!