Status: Active

Blood Lines

The Interview

It didn’t take long for the woman to call me back and she wants me to come to her house tomorrow to be interviewed by her and her husband. To say I was nervous would be a terrible inquiry. The woman named Val gave me her address and I found out it was only a short walk from my house but I decided to drive when I seen there was nothing to eat in my fridge or cabinets. When I finally did lay down to go to sleep, my brain was so active with excitement and nervousness that sleep wasn’t coming fast enough. Eventually I wore my brain down enough with my thoughts and fell off to sleep.

When I woke up, it was a little after 10 in the morning so I had enough time to fix me a good breakfast. I cleaned all my dishes after I ate and jumped into the shower. I didn’t want to be over formal or even formal for this interview and I don’t think they would be expecting that so I dressed in a nice pair of jeans and t-shirt. I hooked my mother’s necklace around my neck and slipped on my shoes before making sure my hair was good and dry and it was fix right then I went downstairs. I sat on the couch watching some TV to kill the time before I had to leave.

At lunch, I cut up 2 apples and ate the delicious fruit. I didn’t want to make something that would mess up my clothes and I would have to change. I ran up to my room and brushed my teeth and making sure my hair was good before going back downstairs and making sure I had everything I needed to take with me. I checked over my things and I left the house locking up and getting into my car. I punched in the address Val had given me yesterday into the GPS and backed out of my driveway. I followed the directions and in no time at all, I pulled into their driveway. I got out of my car and looked over to beautiful 2 story house. In the front of the house there was a flower garden with Tulips, Mums, Daffodils, and a huge Rose bush with all the roses in their full bloom.

I walked up on the covered front porch and rang their doorbell. I looked around waiting for someone to come to the door. It looked like a nice neighborhood. I turned back around as the door opened and a woman with long brown and blonde hair stood there.

“You must be Roxy.”

“Yes ma’am and you must be Val. The woman I spoke to over the phone.” I said smiling and extending my hand for her to shake. She gladly did and ushered me into the house. I walked in and looked around and I was amazed. It was beautiful home.

“You have a spectacular home.” I said as I followed her into the living room area.

“Thank you and please have a seat. Would you like anything to drink?”

“No thank you ma’am. I said taking a seat on the couch.

“If you’ll please excuse me, I’ll go get my husband and we’ll begin your interview.” I nodded and took out my phone and put it on silent so I wouldn’t be disturbed or interrupted and I slipped back into my pocket. I looked around the living room and it seemed to be big enough to be someone’s master bedroom. An Xbox 360 sat on the bottom self of the TV stand with several games and beside the TV was a rack full of movies.

“Roxy?” I looked towards the doorway and seen Val with a man. I stood to my feet.

“My name is Matt Sanders. I see you’ve already met Val.”

“It’s very nice to meet you Mr. Sanders.” I said smiling and shaking his outstretched hand. He pointed to the couch and I sat back down while they say in front of me.

“So uh...what made you want to respond to our ad?”

“I love helping people and my mom always taught me to help others before I help myself.” I answered remembering my mother’s words.

“She must be a very smart woman.”

“Thank you sir.” I said politely.

“Please call me Matt. Mr. Sanders makes me feel like my father.”

“Do you have any experience in taking care of children?” Val asked smiling.

“Yes ma’am. I kept my little cousins and my neighbor’s kids all the time. They were a handful but I enjoyed every minute of it.”

“Do you have any experience in taking care of pets?” She asked again.

“Yes ma’am. My mom used to pick up one of her friend’s dog and with me having 2 of my own; it’s a great learning experience. I love animals.”

“What would you do if you got both jobs?” Matt asked leaning forwards.

“I would cook for your child, keep him and/or her happy, there will be no ice cream or any other sweets before dinner or before bedtime. Your pets will be fed, bathed, and taken for walks and your home would be spotless and if you want I can cook dinner or something for the both of you.”

“That’s really amazing. Do you own your own vehicle?” Matt asked again as he smiled showing off his dimples.

“Yes.”

“Have you been arrested or have any felony charges against you?” he asked looking me square in the eyes.

“No sir.”

“Good now I think that’s all we need. You sit tight for a moment and we are going to talk it over in the kitchen and come back with an answer for you.” Matt said as he stood with Val. I stood up as well and took my seat again when they exited the room. I really hope I get this job. I’ll do anything to get it…well not anything. I’d hate to have to go around and job hunt even though that’s how I came to get this interview.

“Roxy we talked it over and there was one more question I forgot to ask you.”

“Yes?” I asked standing to my feet.

“Would you object to a sort of house inspection one day? I mean just in case we have to drop our son off at your home for some reason.”

“I wouldn’t object to that. I would gladly let you come into my home.” I said nodding.

“Well good. Val and I want you here tomorrow morning at 8am sharp.”

“I got the job?” I asked smiling almost ready to jump up and down like a crazy person.

“Yes of course.”

“This is wonderful! I can’t thank you all enough.” I said shaking their hands.

“It’s not a problem. You showed the best attitude in everyone we’ve interviewed. Now let me walk you to your car.” I nodded and followed Matt out of the house.

“Is that your car?”

“It was my mother’s. She gave it to me.” I said opening the car door.

“1969 right?”

“Yes sir. 1969 Chevy Camaro SS with a 450 big block and 20 inch rims.” I said smiling proudly.

“That’s a lot of horses.”

“Yeah but I don’t drive fast so I never get to hear those horses.” I said getting into my car and starting it up. The engine roared to life.

“Remember tomorrow morning at 8am.”

“Yes sir.” I said shutting the car door and backing out of his driveway. I sped down the road heading towards the store. I can’t believe I got my first job! Mom would be so proud of me if she were alive today. I’m so excited to be working for Matt tomorrow and hopefully I don’t screw anything up.

I pulled into a parking space and cut the engine and locking the doors as I got out of the car. I walked into the store grabbing a cart and started getting everything that was on my list. I always end up putting several things that I don’t have on my list into the cart but I can splurge a little on myself. I took my cart to the check out and paid for everything before wheeling the cart out to my car and loading the bags into the trunk. I returned the cart and headed back towards home.

There are a lot of things that I have to do to get ready for tomorrow. Maybe I’ll make out a lunch plan for the little Sanders and maybe a dinner for Matt and Val. I’ll think of something. I pulled into my driveway and shut off the car and immediately started bringing all the plastic bags of food into the house. When all of the bags were in the kitchen, I took the items out and put them into their spots. I took all the empty bags and put them into the trash. Tomorrow should be quite an enjoyable day.
♠ ♠ ♠
told ya i had another chapter on the way. Comment is I should post a 3rd!