Status: Hiatus.

Unrequited

prologue

Unrequited love is the worst.

You try, and you try, and you try, to make the other person return your feelings. For them to feel some semblance of what you feel for them, but it never makes a difference. The days go by in a blur, every thought containing them; this person that you can’t stop thinking about. But what’s the use when the fates seem to be against you?

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results, or so says Albert Einstein. It’s generally assumed that Einstein was a pretty smart guy, so he must know what he’s talking about, right? But does that make me insane? Maybe I’m being irrational in hoping that one day he’ll turn my way and think “Wow, there she is. There she has been this whole time.” Maybe I am insane. Maybe I lost my mind in the ultimate mind game, love. Unrequited, irrational, crazy, stupid, hopeless; love.

Yeah, that must be it. But is it wrong that I don’t care? That I would much rather spend a lifetime of loving my best friend from a far, even if that means watching him fall in love with other girls, then to have my feelings for him go away. I’d most likely be better off if they did disappear. It would be one less weight resting on my chest.

But I never have been one for doing what’s best for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, I took this down because I was taking all my chaptered fics down to edit them. But then I realized I wrote this very recently and therefore it doesn't need any edits. New updates should be soon, seeing as I've been in a writing mood.