Status: I'm having a lot of fun writing this story!

Love at Dusk

Guinea Pig

I was their guinea pig? Had I heard Pain right? I blinked rapidly and scowled. This was unjust; they couldn’t really expect me to believe this bull shit.

“What if I ran away?” I asked Pain seriously.

“You don’t want to know what we would do to you,” he said his voice ominous.

Oh. My. God. He was serious. I could tell by the way his eyes bored into mine with a scary light. I gulped and hung my head. I guess I was stuck here, for now that was.

“Itachi, show Kagami her room,” Pain yelled out to him.

Itachi nodded and said gruffly, “Follow me.”

I dragged my feet but followed him. Itachi was quiet the entire way and it was unnerving me. We made our way past several doors, before we came to a room at the end of the hall.

“Here we are,” he said.

He opened the door and I walked in. I grimaced. It looked so plain. Nothing stuck out and the bed spread was generic beige. The walls were the same dull color, while the desk and bookshelf were a dull brown. I let out an audible sigh.

“Something wrong?” Itachi asked me.

“This room is just so dull, ugh,” I replied.

“What were you expecting it to be a myriad of colors?”

I shrugged, “I don’t know.”

Itachi frowned then ran a hand through his jet black hair. “If you want we could decorate your room and make it more ‘you.’ ”

What? Why was he being so nice? I didn’t trust it. Frowning I said, “Why are you bothering to please me?”

Itachi sneered, “Look I know you don’t want anything to do with me but I’m trying to please you as you put it because I don’t want you to be unhappy.”

“Really?” I asked shocked.

He nodded, “After all how are we going to get you to birth a child if you hate us all?”

My anger flared up. So that’s what this was about! “Oh, so that’s why you want to keep me happy?” I said haughtily.

“Basically, yeah,” he responded.

My nostrils flared, “Well then forget it Itachi! I don’t need any sympathy or favors from you.”

Itachi’s eyes widened. “You really are hot tempered,” he replied.

“Whatever you say,” I said placing my hands on my hips.

He smirked, “Well then I guess I’ll see you later.” Itachi walked out of my room then leaving me angrier than before.

Itachi was toying with me I just knew it. He was trying to get under my skin for some reason and I loathed him for it. There was no way I was going to do their bidding for them. If Pain thought I was going to birth a child for the Akatsuki he better rethink his plan because it wasn’t going to happen.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me what you think guys, I'd love some criticism. :)