Status: I'm having a lot of fun writing this story!

Love at Dusk

Unhappy

As the days passed the Akatsuki girl, named Eya tried to get herself acquainted with me. I allowed her to get to know me, but only because I had instantly sensed good in her.

Her boyfriend, Deidara always hung around her, clinging to her like a second skin. I learned to like him like I did Eya but only because I was bored and lonely here most of the time. One day Eya came into my room, with Deidara trailing behind her, asking me if I wanted to just talk. I frowned but shrugged and said that would be fine.

“So you’ve never had a boyfriend before?” She asked me once we were all seated on my bed. I nodded, shyly.

She giggled, “You’re a lot like me.”

I cocked my head, “Why?”

She exchanged looks with Deidara and he smirked. “Well I had never had a boyfriend either for a long time. Not until I was eighteen.”

I sighed, “Yeah well I’m twenty so maybe we’re not so alike.”

Eya’s eyes widened, “Oh.”

“Yeah,” I replied abashed.

“So are you sort of adjusting?” Deidara asked me suddenly.

“No not really. I’m still homesick,” I replied.

“I’m sorry,” Eya said sadly. She looked so forlorn.

“Don’t be sorry Eya, I just haven’t clicked with anyone so far,” I said.

Eya nodded, “Do you think anyone’s cute?”

Deidara watched me with his blue eye, the one that wasn’t covered by a long bang.

“Um no. I really hate it here and I’m not looking for a boyfriend,” I responded.

“Okay I see,” Eya said.

The rest of the week wasn’t much better. A few of the Akatsuki members came up to me and introduced themselves but no one really stuck out as cute. They were all nice looking but none of them made my heart race like a jack rabbits, the way I know you’re supposed to feel when you like someone.

I spent most of my time in my room, writing in journals. I loved to write fantasy and science fiction. Hardly any of my stories had any romance in them. I wasn’t a big romantic.

Maybe it was because I had only been kissed a couple of times and all those times I never really clicked with the guy. Guys back home told me I was pretty but I never listened to them because I never liked them that way.

Now that I was here I realized I missed my village like crazy. Sure Eya and Deidara were friendly enough but I never felt truly happy anymore, even when I was with them.