Status: *in progress*

There is Something...

*12*

Mary-Ann didn’t need to open her eyes to know that it was late evening already because of the heavy darkness that was falling onto her closed eyelids. She felt herself fully rested and when she outstretched her arms she punched someone in the nose.

“Ouch!” a male voice grunted sleepily.

“Rory? What the hell?” She questioned him in a whisper and turned on the lamp on the bedside table and quickly took a sitting position. She wrinkled her nose as the sudden light hit her eyes and she covered them with her palm.

“I could ask you the same,” the Ginger Man answered groggily, “I was about to talk to you, but when I saw you asleep…”

“You invited yourself to the slumber party…” Mary-Ann finished his sentence lying back down and putting her hands under her head, “Couldn’t it wait?” She stared out of the bay-window admiring the twinkling stars in the dark-blue sky. She could hear muffled laughs and splashes of water from the outside.

“No..At first.” He said smiling to himself, but when he saw her dead-serious expression, he continued after clearing his throat, “I mean… I thought if I lay down you would wake up and we’d talk. But you didn’t and I fell asleep too.”

“HERE COMES THE BOOOMB!” cried Rou from the outside and lots of screams and splashes followed. Luckily for people in the house they had windows to deafen the outside world, but even they couldn’t help much with Rou’s unspoiled lungs.

“Get to the point, please. Ginger Man.” She shot at him menacingly knowing where his train of thought departed.

“Ok. So Charlotte…” Rory started stammering with words.

“I see,” Mary cut him off with her hand to help him and to break the awkwardness, “Yes you invited me to a sort of a date. I’m a little bit disappointed to tell you the truth cause now you want to go with another girl. But the heart wants what the heart wants. And I’d be lying if a said that I wanted to date you. I like you a lot. But you should try with Charlotte. Seriously.” She said a matter-of-factly and sincerely smiled at him. “And why is everyone end up in my bed uninvited?” she voiced her thoughts mainly to herself, but she didn’t consider it as a big secret.

"Ok, then. Thanks for not being furious with me," Rory winked at Mary and stood from the bed. He walked to the window and looked at his sister chasing Chris around the pool who was screaming “fuck” like a little girl. Obviously the guy threw her into the water because he was in nothing but his swimming pants and his sister was in a drenched summer dress. "How long do you think before they realize their feelings?" he asked the girl behind him still looking at the running couple.

"I don't know. Maybe some intervention will help?" Mary-Ann suggested lazily from the bed and yawned.

"Intervention? For whom?" Rob asked his head suddenly appeared in the doorframe.

"Jesus!" cried Mary and touched her insanely beating heart.

“Nah, just me, Robby,” he smiled like a Cheshire cat and landed on the bed beside Mary. She slapped him on the forehead. “Hey! I’m hurt right now!”

“And you nearly gave me a heart attack, dumb-ass!” she frowned and folded her arms.

“Aw, don’t pout, Ann.” Rob tried to embrace her but she got up from the bed.

“Don’t be a douche, Rob.” She mocked him trying sound manly.

Rob raised his brow and looked Mary-Ann up and down, “Aw, c’mon!” he spread his hands after he stood from the bed, “Robby needs a hug.” He pouted.

“I think you two have something to talk about…” Rory cut in awkwardly and smiled shyly when they both turned their heads to him. He raised his hands in defense, “I’ll tell no-one,” he winked and flew away from Mary’s room.

Rob turned his eyes back to Mary.

“Oh. No. Don’t think about it.” She warned him seeing his growing smile. She instantly started to back away. He didn’t hesitate; he just came closer to her and embraced her like a bear would. To her surprise she hugged him back and inhaled his cologne which sent shivers down her spine. Rob felt her shudder slightly and chuckled. He nuzzled her tangled hair and didn’t want to let go. She welcomed the warmness which radiated from his bare chest. She rubbed a few circles on his back and pushed him slightly. He unwillingly released her and held her hands looking into her eyes. Under his boring gaze she felt her cheeks on fire and colour coming to every inch of her body.

Rob squeezed her little hands and cleared his throat, “Actually I came to invite you to the pool. I’ll meet you there.” And he left the room leaving Mary dumbfounded and flaming with glazed over eyes.

She blinked a few times after she heard a door to her room to be shut softly and went to the bathroom.

“Ok.” Mary started a dialog with herself examining her looks in the full-length mirror. She saw a bathtub behind her. “How convenient…perverts.” she exhaled and tried to fix her dreads just stroking them with her hand as they were sticking in every direction possible, “Nope. That won’t do it.” She reached for an elastic band and looked at her hands. They were red. She felt her cheeks flash again. She still could feel his touch and his cologne. Her thoughts came to Rob’s wicked smile. Mary looked again in the mirror and saw herself smiling like a little school girl. “Ok.” She started go back and forth in a little bathroom clutching her hands to her chest. “Calm down. You are making a big deal out of it.” She stopped abruptly and turned her head to the mirror and raised her eyebrow, “Do I? Great...” she placed her hands on the counter and bent her head, “Mental break-down… Just in time!.” She sighed and walked out of the bathroom.

She decided not to work on her looks too much, so that no-one suspect her of anything. And she definitely didn’t want Rob to get wrong ideas. And that was a pool party, eventually she could get wet and all her work on her looks ruined. She quickly changed into black bikini, wrapped around herself a fluffy towel and left the room to enjoy the rest of the evening.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey! I've been too busy lately so sorry for the late update. But it is better than nothing right? So here are some revelations;)
I've decided to rename chapters to give them more...'character' and I think for that I'll use some of my favourite lyrics. I don't know if it's original or not...probably not, but I don't care, cause songs are my main sousrce of inspiraton right now. And I'll use some of the lyrics throuout my story, thus I give you some game to play. Find a quote - tell me what song whose song. *Hint: no lyrics in this and previous chapters at least intentionally.
READ-LOVE-SUBSCRIBE-COMMENT