True Love

Life Begins.

Two months.
It was amazing what eight weeks time could do- they had successfully had the girls' last names changed, they were now (legally) Baker's, and they had officially started at their new private school. Zack and Mia had officially started dating. Mia had made her public debut, attending an award show as Zack's date, and to his biggest surprise, she had agreed to a Vengeance University photo-shoot. They had even made the decision to move in together.

"Goddamn it." he swore under his breath (mostly to himself).

The boxes were scattered everywhere, which wasn't making this task any easier.

He threw another box to the floor, huffing as he tore the next one open, digging desperately. "Girls!" his voice boomed through the house.

It wasn't long before two (very) unenthused teenagers appeared.

"I'm sorry-" he huffed, trying his very best to keep his fingers out of his freshly styled hair, "but can you guys help me find my box of bow-ties?"

"Did you try the box labeled bow ties?" Zack narrowed his eyes at Kenzie.

"Now is not the time-"

But he watched as Emma rolled her eyes, "Dad, mom labeled all of your boxes."

His face fell. "What?"

"Yeah-" Kenzie huffed before crouching down, spinning a box around so the big black sharpie that read bow ties, ties, and cufflinks was visible. "you know mom is a psycho when it comes to organization."

Had he not been so desperate to find the bow tie, he would have kicked himself.

Instead he tore the box open, smiling as he came across the bow tie he had been looking for.

Zack had been in the process of moving in.
It had been a long, drawn-out debate- did they buy a new house, or did Zack just move in? After looking at at least 50 houses they decided they would stay put, deciding instead remodeling Mia's place. The basement became the studio, the garage became Vengeance University headquarters (okay, just endless piles of boxes and a sorting table to pack up orders) until they could find a more permanent place to set up shop, Mia's upstairs office became Zack's "man cave", and the backyard became Zack's outside "Bar and Party Palace" as he so lovingly had taken to calling it.

Now, he had to move his crap in- something he was wishing he had done before the renovations (like Mia had suggested, but he wasn't quite ready to admit defeat to her).

"Baby!" his voice bellowed up the steps, "Mia?" he shouted a little louder.

She appeared from the bedroom- he wanted with every bit of his being to be frustrated with her for not being dressed, but as she leaned over the banister, one dress held in each hand, in nothing but her bra and panties he couldn't help but smile.

"Which dress?" she held up the hangers, "Alexander McQueen or Rebecca Taylor?"

The McQueen dress was tan with black swallows, while the Taylor dress was a white crocodile type print.

"McQueen."

Tonight was all a ruse.
Mia believed that they were headed off to an album release party, a quiet, dinner and drinks type affair- the album came out tomorrow in New Zealand and Australia, and next week in the states. It had been a hard "lie" to pull off- but he had managed it. He had even sweet talked one of their reps at the label, who sent out a very believable official invitation. The girls, their families (even Mia's mother), the band, and about 300 of their closest friends had all been in on it.

In reality- this was an engagement party (which, relied solely on the idea that she said yes when he did propose.)

"You ready?" Emma asked as she stepped up, straightening Zack's bow-tie.

Zack let out a deep breath before nodding, "Just promise me something?" both the girls nodded, "If your mom says no, I need you to bail for the cake and scrape the 'Congratulations Zack and Mia' off, okay?"

"Dad, she is going to say yes."

"You think?" both girls nodded. "Just remember the thing about the cake, okay?"

"Ready!"

Zack smiled, taking Mia's hand into his, their fingers lacing tightly. "You look perfect." He leaned in, ready to kiss her, but a profoundly dramatic gagging noise stopped him.

"Could you stop? I am full on ready to vomit!" Zack rolled his eyes at Kenzie, but Emma only rambled on.

"We are so not ready for a sibling."

"Oh just shut up and get in the car, will you?" Mia growled placing her clutch under her arm.

The ride was short.
Much more than he would have liked and he was doing his very best not to tremble out of his own skin- his heart beating so hard he could feel it in the back of his throat.

Zack couldn't remember getting out of the car, or even entering the venue- a small oceanside resort that had been decorated with every white flower imaginable.

What Zack did remember, was walking hand-in-hand with Mia, dragging her through the crowd of people- he kept tugging at her arm to keep her moving because everyone felt the need to stop her and say hello.

In the end it was Val that he had to tug her away from, letting their friends and family part, leaving a circle.

"Mia?"

Everything went silent.

"Zachary?" she pipped, one eyebrow drawn high.

It was then, as he dropped down onto one knee that her jaw went slack, her eyes as wide as fifty-cent pieces. "Zack what are you-" he took a deep breath before cutting her off.

"Mia, as long as I live, I will never forget Mr. Bolin's Chemistry class I knew you were the girl of my dreams, convincing you that I was the man of yours, was a bit harder. I've done a lot of unbelievable shit in my life, but the fact that you're standing here in front of me, the mother of my children, my best friend in the world, my confidant, my everything- that is probably the most unbelievable of all. To be right here, right now, it just...it leaves me speechless. So, if you'll have me, I would love to spend the rest of my life with you. So Mia Francesca Winters, will you marry me?" he stumbled for a moment as he fumbled to open the box, finally revealing to Mia the tiny diamond ring that had sat tucked away in the same box in his nightstand for the last fourteen years.

"Oh my God, Zack?" he looked up at her, tears streaming down her porcelain cheeks as he did his very best not to cry. She held out her shaking hand, "Yes!"

He smiled, slipping the ring on her finger before glancing down at his watch before quietly mumbling. "August 22nd, 2013."

Mia's brows wound together in confusion, "What are you doing?"

"Checking the date."

She laughed as a the crowd of people stood watching, "...why?"

"Because, I always want to remember the day my life actually began."
♠ ♠ ♠
The epilogue will be up momentarily!

Oh and here's a Polyvore set if you're into all that jazzy stuff.