Status: Complete. Thank you for reading. c:

Take One Last Breath

Lifted to the Heavens

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Kori’s POV*^
I needed to be in my room, finishing putting my clothes back in their respectful drawers since Knoxville finally got them down, but I had gotten sidetracked by Austin’s amazing tale of Novak kissing her. And my amazing tale of him trying to rape her. Ryan and Rake had apparently been missing for the past hour, Novak was nowhere to be found, and Steve-O had left about ten minutes ago. I didn’t even know where Knoxville had run off to, the last I saw him he was heading upstairs to talk to Austin about Novak.

“Jesus, how long’s he been like that?” I looked up at Bam as he walked into the kitchen from the hall, looking over at Hanna, who was lying on this island on his back, passed out.

“Well, I’ve been sitting down here for about fifteen minutes, and he just went down about…five minutes ago, I think. But he’s been lying there for a good while.” I said and Bam just sighed.

“Fucker keeps drinking all the beer.” Bam grumbled and went to sit down next to me, and I scooted over a chair. “The fuck’s wrong with you?”

“I don’t want to be within five feet of you.” I said and he scoffed.

“Unless you’re fucking m-”

“Shhh.” I quickly hissed, clamping a hand over his mouth, now lying over two chairs. “He could still be awake!” I said in a harsh whisper.

“Oh please.” He took my hand away from his mouth, and reached over to the other side of the table, taking a beer can and tossing it as hard as he could at the side of Hanna’s face. He snored, and swatted his hand through the air.

“Still,” I said, sitting back in my chair. “Don’t fucking risk it, you fucking retard.” I said, and hit him in the back of the head.

“Fucking bitch.” He muttered, and I rolled my eyes and got up from the chair. “Where’s Missy and my parents?” he asked and I shrugged.

“Hell if I know.” I needed to find Novak. Ask him some…things. I made my way to the back door and walked out it, but as I did my feet got caught on something and I fell face forward. “WHAT THE FUCK?!” I screamed at the top of my lungs as whatever I was on was pulled up, and I was stuck in it as it lifted off the ground by a good twenty to thirty feet.

“Oh look, we got one!” I heard someone’s voice, but I couldn’t see. My eyes were squeezed shut. I could take being up on a roof, but being held in the air by nothing but some kind of weird sticky net was just too much.

“Shit, but that’s Kori, not Ape or Phil.” I heard Ryan’s voice, but I my hands were clenching the net so hard I couldn’t even focus enough to get any words out of my mouth.

“Get me down, now!” I screamed, my voice sounded too frantic and scared.

“Okay, okay, get her down.” Rake said and I felt a little relief.

“I-I can’t…I can’t get it off of this.” I heard Ryan’s voice, and my eyes snapped open and I took the chance and looked down, seeing Ryan through the cracks of what I quickly realized was some half-assed duct tape net, seeing him trying to get some tape unwrapped from a hook on the door. How in the hell they even got me up here…I had no clue.

“Get me down, now, this isn’t funny, I’m fucking terrified!” I yelled, and Ryan held up his index finger.

“One second I know-”

“What the hell are you guy-” Bam opened the door and I screamed as the net fell and I hit the ground. “Fuck!” Bam screamed, and I heard the door slam through the pounding in my head.

“NO!” Ryan screamed, and the net flew up again. “Bam, why’d you do that?!”

“Shit, open the door again and let her down!” Rake yelled. I pulled my hands and arms from the tape, holding the back of my head that hit the ground too fucking hard for my liking.

“What the fuck are you two doing?!” Bam asked and I felt he net begin to lower. “This is great!”

“Bam, stop it!” I screamed, feeling the net go up and down. ”Just get me down, now!”

“No way!” He yelled, and the net plummeted again, and I screamed, but it was cut short as I hit the ground once more, my head hitting even harder than last time, hard enough this time to knock me out.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Ryan’s POV*^
“Shit, now you’ve knocked her out.” I yelled, and went to step over to the net, but Bam slammed the door closed, and she went up in the air again to about roof-level.

“Okay, that was kind of funny, but get her down now.” Rake said seriously.

“Fine, f-…” I heard the door open, but the net wasn’t coming down. I looked over to Rake and Bam. Bam was opening and closing the door, but the little contraption Rake and I built out of duct tape wasn’t working any longer. “Fuck.” Bam said and I groaned.

“Goddammit, just cut it!” Rake said and Bam shook his head.

“Hell no, I kind of like her up there, you cut her down. I’m going to drown Hanna.” Bam walked back inside.

“What in God’s name are you two doing?!” I turned at Ape’s voice to see her, Phil, and Missy walking towards the house, arms full of groceries.

“Uh…nothing.” I said quickly.

“Exactly. Nothing. No one’s stuck in a net about thirty to forty feet off the ground, possibly even more. Probably even more. And it’s not Kori.” I turned and glared at Rake and he shrugged.

“That’s Kori up there?!” Missy asked and I shook my head, my lips pursed.

“Just get her down.” Phil said, and they all walked closer.

“We’re working on it.” I said and Ape shook her head as Rake opened the door for the three of them, and they walked in.

“I’ll go get Knoxville.” I said, and walked inside, having to take a small detour around Phil on my way towards the stairs. I ran up them. “Johnny! We need someone to climb onto the roof!” I yelled, not sure where he was. I looked in Kori’s room, finding nothing but her pile of clothes on her bed. I was hesitant of looking in Austin’s room, because Novak had disappeared and so had she. I didn’t want to like…open the door on them fucking or anything. I opened the door and kept my eyes shut. “Knoxville?” I questioned.

“I didn’t do anything, I swear, she just got a call and started crying.” I looked in to see Johnny holding his hands up in defense, sitting next to Austin, who was sitting on the bed with her head in her hands, crying.

“What happened? What did you do to her, Knoxville?” I asked, walking on in.

“I didn’t do anything, I swear.” Johnny got up. “She got a call and…” He trailed off as he stood up and I looked at him before looking at Austin.

“What? You pregnant or something?” I asked and she shook her head.

“No…my-my dad just died.” I almost didn’t recognize her tear stained voice, but it made me feel absolutely terrible.

“Oh…I’m sorry.” I whispered, and sat down beside her where Knoxville had been doing nothing. I pulled her into a hug, and she cried into my shoulder. I looked up at Knoxville. “Go get Kori out of the duct tape net on the roof.” I whispered, hoping Austin wouldn’t hear me over her crying.

“What?” Johnny asked and I rolled my eyes.

“Go get Kori out of the duct tape net hanging from the fucking roof.” I whispered a little bit harsher, and he put a hand over his mouth as he ran from the room, and shut the door. I heard him start laughing automatically after the door closed.

“I’ve got to get on a plane…get to him.” Austin pushed me away from her.

“You’re leaving?” I asked and she nodded.

“I’ve got to.” She said and stood up, seeming in a daze as she grabbed her bag and started throwing things together.

“Well will you be back?” I asked and she scoffed.

“I can’t just exactly leave Kori here with all of you for a long time, now can I?” Nope, we’d probably kill her.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Kori’s POV*^
“I don’t know, poke it so we know it’s alive.” I started to be brought out of my unconscious state by a guy’s voice, sounding like Ryan at first.

“What if it bites me?” I recognized Bam’s voice, but everything hurt so bad…

“Will you two stop treating her like she’s an animal?” April’s voice rung through, making my head hurt even more.

“I just don’t wanna get rabies. I’ve had that shit before, man, and it’s not good.” Ryan’s voice came in again.

“Why don’t you all just shut the fuck up?” I asked, and began sitting up, realizing I was in my bed. “What the fuck…” I trailed off as I opened my eyes with a hand on my shoulder, pushing me back onto the bed. Bam, Knoxville, Ryan, and Ape were all standing around me. “The hell are you guys in here for?” I asked and Ryan sighed.

“At least she’s awake.” He said and Bam scoffed.

“Yea, right, I can’t believe Austin just fucking left us to babysit her.” Bam walked out the door.

“What the hell is he talking about?” I asked, trying to sit up again.

“Don’t even think about sitting up, you’ve been out half the day and all night.” April said and sat down at the edge of my bed.

“What happened?” I asked groggily, rubbing my eyes. The room was dark, but my eyes felt like someone was shining bright lights in them.

“Well, Rake and I tried to trap Ape, Phil, or Missy in this duct tape net, and you walked out, and got caught in it. And it worked so where, if they opened the door, the net would be released, but if the door shut, it would fly up and trap someone. Well, Bam walked out after you, and the net came down hard onto the concrete, then he shut the door and it flew back up, then he did it again for shits and giggles, and you hit the ground so hard it knocked you out.” Ryan explained it all, but I didn’t understand a word of it. “You were up there for a good three hours before Knoxville finally got you cut down.”

“And then you fell thirty feet to the ground.” April said, not sounding happy about it.

“And Johnny, you wanna break the news about Austin?” Ryan asked, and I looked at him, then at Johnny.

“What happened to Austin? Is she okay? Did you kill her?!” I asked and Ryan just shook his head, fighting a smile.

“We didn’t kill her.” Ryan cleared up quickly.

“Um…Austin got a call that her father died, and she got on a plane and just kind of left.” Knoxville said, the usual joking tone absent from his voice, and I just got a blank, lost look on my face.

“What?” I wasn’t sure if I was more upset that her awesome dad had died, or that she left me here all alone with these…these fucking retarded moronic jackasses.

“She just up and left. She was really torn up, hardly said goodbye to anyone; just said that she’d be back.” Ryan said, leaning on the bedpost as Knoxville leaned back against the wall.

“I’ve got a casserole in the oven.” April stood up, and walked out of the room, and I sat up.

“But…but…does she not know that I’ll die here with you people?” I asked and Ryan laughed slightly. “You’ve all been trying to kill me, and now I’m all alone here and I’m going to die for sure.”

“We’ve not been trying to kill you, we’ve just been trying to fuck you up a little bit.” Ryan said and Knoxville laughed slightly.

“And we’ve accomplished that much. You’ve probably got a concussion now.” He said and stood up straight from the wall, and walked out of the room, leaving the door open.

“Where’s Hanna? He’s one person that won’t try to murder me in my sleep.” I said and Ryan sighed.

“I’ll go get your lover boy.” Ryan said and I glared at him, but my stomach twisted slightly, because for some reason a twinge of me thought of Bam at his words. I laid back down, and took a deep breath, my head still hurting like fuck.

“What does the princess request now?” I smiled as I heard Hanna, and his face appeared above my bed seconds later.

“Someone to protect me while Austin is away.” I said and he sighed with a smile and laid down next to me, letting me curl up in his side. He still smelled like beer, but hell, everyone in the house did.

“My head hurts.” He mumbled and I sighed, closing my eyes as I rested my head on his arm.

“Mine too, now shut up and be a teddy bear.”

“Always am.” He said, putting an arm around me. “Just go to sleep so I can pass out without fear that you’ll fuck with my face.”

“No-” I could already feel my brain trying to shut down as I yawned. “No problem, Fanna.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to all of the readers, subscribers, and special thanks to the commentors:

kaylakelly49
MoMo_92
trixiesayshi

xoxo, Saleigh