‹ Prequel: Soulmate

Forget Me Not

A Different Departure

At the train station I realized it. “Mother” I said bowing my head to look at the ground. “I left Jasper at home. Might we go get him quick?” she didn’t even reply to me as her and Kim ran through the barrier onto the plat form. I sighed, knowing I wouldn’t see Jasper again this year as I ran after them.

On the other side I saw my mother talking to Kim’s friends and their parents and I knew she would have nothing more to do with me. There for I was free to walk about as I pleased. I dropped off my cart with the rest of them and started wandering the busy platform. Around me kids said goodbye to their parents while others were meeting up with their friends. I remembered last year, how I was greeted by my now ex-boyfriend Fred and his brother before we went to meet up with the golden trio.

That was then, before I cast the spell that erased me from the minds of my friends. I often asked myself why I did it and honestly, I didn’t know. I mean, why would I make them forget me when I was so happy with them? Who was I protecting?

“Raven?” I heard someone call and I turned to see the twins walking up to me.

“it is you” George greeted me with a cocky grin. “knew I recognized that mane”

“I recognized it you sod” Fred rolled his eyes gently shoving his twin with his shoulder.

“it’s good to see you two” I smiled. “how were you’re summers?”

“a lot less interesting than your” George wagged an eyebrow. “what with house elves appearing to take you away in the middle of the night”

My smile faltered, “Harry told you guys about that huh?” I asked.

“did you really think he wouldn’t?” Fred asked raising an eyebrow, his eyes searching my face. “so why are you being taken off in the middle of the night to Harry’s house?”

I shrugged, “I honestly don’t know. Dobby never said who was giving him orders. One minuet I was in my room and then next I was in the street outside his house”

“Emily!” Hermione’s voice came from behind me and I saw her and Ron standing together a ways down the platform.

I waved to her before looking back at the twins, “I’ll catch you latter all right?’ I turned to head over towards the others when something caught my hand.

Fred ran his thumb over the back of my hand before pulling me towards him. My eyes went wide and all I could think was: no, not again. He raised his other hand to run a finger along my jawline, along my scar. “Don’t let her get away with this” he whispered to me before turning back towards his brother and walking away. I stared after him for a moment before slowly turning and trudging through the crowd. He knew about my mother… did Harry tell him that too?

I shook my head of the thoughts as I reached Ron and Hermione who smiled at me. “Hello Emily” Hermione greeted me with a quick hug.

“Hey,” I smiled hugging her back. “It’s been a while”

“Honestly I'm a little hurt,” Ron said. “You make a midnight run over to Harry’s house when a house elf pops up but not me?”

“Ron-“ Hermione began.

“No it’s ok” I smiled shaking my head. “and to answer your question Ron, if I had any control of where that house elf brought me it still wouldn’t have been to your house, sorry” I shrugged.

“Ron you forgot your badge!” a new voice shouted as Molly made her way over to the us. “you’re prefect badge you forgot it on the-“ she stopped short seeing me. “oh, who’s this?” she asked quickly looking away from me.

“mom” Ron said nodding towards me. “this is Emily Raven” she looked at me again, her eyes pausing a moment too long on my slytherin emblem before locking on my eyes.

“well it’s nice to meet you dear” she said with a forced smile.

“you too” I said holding out my hand to shake. “Molly right?”

She nodded slightly taking my hand. “yes, how did you know?”

I shrugged letting go of her. “I think I hear my step dad talking about your family once before he died. I guess the name just stuck with me”

She frowned looking at me, “your step dad was?”

“Roman Williams” I said. “You may know him as the man who got into the ministry simply because he was related to Ravenclaw”

She raised an eyebrow, “oh yes. Him”

“yeah” I mused. “miserable old sod”

“the worst” she laughed. “then you’re mother is-“

“Eva” I nodded. “Eva Williams”

“if you’re mum’s name is Williams then why are you Raven?” Ron asked.

“it’s my mother’s maiden name” I said turning to look at him, but something caught my eye. Voldemort stood at the end of the plat form, surrounded by people who didn’t glance at him twice, but I stared at him. As I stared I felt something inside me begin to stir. Like something had come alive inside me and was moving, something dark and evil.

“Emily?” Hermione’s voice snapped me back and I jumped slightly.

“…yeah?” I asked looking at the spot where Voldemort had just been standing but it was empty.

“are you ok?” she asked fallowing my gaze down the platform.

I blinked shaking my head of such thoughts as I turned towards here. “Yeah, I'm fine.” She smiled and we turned to board the train only to be stopped by Moody.

“Miss Raven” he said gruffly. “I need a word with you” I glanced at Hermione who shrugged before boarding the train. I fallowed him across the way to a backroom where a man sat with his back to me.

“you have five minutes” he said standing outside the door. “talk quickly Sirius”

“Sirius?” I asked in a whisper before walking into the room, the door closing loudly behind me.

The man turned a smiled spread across his face. “Emily, it’s good to see you”
♠ ♠ ♠
so this chapter is kinda all over the place but i hoped to liked it anyways.

as always let me know in the comments or you can tweet me @madefornight

ttfn Ya'll