Status: Please comment on any of the stories if you have anything to say related to the stories. Or on Klaus and Katerina.

Life of Katherine and Klaus

Pick Up - Improvised

Klaus looked at Katherine then compelled her to wait at the bench for him. " Wait at this bench until I get back." He added " and don't even think about running when I do." He pointed for her to sit down.

Still standing her lips formed a slight pout to them without meaning to.
" Before you leave can you at least get me something to eat."
Klaus lifted his arms out " Do I look like a waiter to you." He half turned away ready to leave when Katherine said " It isn't fair you know that Kol is using me to get back at you for what you did to him."
Klaus turned around annoyed "Well you know my brother using one stone with two birds, you know how that saying goes." Squeezing Katherine shoulders. " You kill them using the same stone." she gulped closing her eyes then opened them again.
Klaus sighed " That's right." he said massaging her shoulders. " Also you shouldn't have been with him. And he should have done as I asked him too since I'm his older brother." he said glaring at her.
She answered calmly looking at him this time. "It was his choice to stay not mine. He knew who I was." she said.
Klaus thought for a minute then asked " What do you want? And make it fast." He added in a hurry already set in a jogging stance so wouldn't seem suspicious when he ran across the street.

" Some cheese fries."
Klaus look said I-am-not-getting-those.
"But you like them too." Her's said Unbelievably-but-you-do.
Then his look said I-am-still-not-getting-them.
"Fine then. A mocha frap." she said.

Klaus nodded his head then humanly ran towards the direction he was plan on heading too.
Katherine sighed sitting on the bench. Finally to be able to be alone so she could take her cell phone out and call a certain Original who put her in this position in the first place.

" Katherine."
"I wish you hadn't compelled me that I couldn't have ran until you rang my cell phone." She placed her other arm underneath her elbow displeased.

" You got caught." Kol laughed.
" No kidding. What was your first clue."
" I was wondering why the bloody hell it took you so long to call. I was certain you were going to come after me for that." He laughed again.
" Well I can't. And you thought it was long to wait. I thought you were going to strand me there with him." She slouched.

" I'm mean love but not that mean. Besides its not that easy to distract my brother." He said with one hand on the steering wheel.

" And why the bloody not. I'm bored." he asked

" Because he compelled me to wait for him here." She crossed her legs saying as she looked out to see if he was coming.

" Where? I'll come to pick you up."

Sensing he was near. Katherine text Kol.

Don't bother you'll make things worse than it could be.

Katherine sat up reading Kol' s text.

Fine then deal with my brother yourself.

Katherine txt

You know I didn't mean it like that.

Kol snickered at the text he read picturing her pouting at him.

" Alright I'll forgive you but you have to tell me how handsome I am."

Katherine txt

REALLY

Kol txt

Really

Katherine txt shaking her head

Fine. You're the most naturally charming Original I've ever met. Your smiling laughter makes me giggle like a school girl.

2nd txt
Am I forgiven?

Kol txt

Not yet. Will discuss it after I come pick you up and we leave together. Away from my brother.

Katherine txt

We could go to my apartment. And isn't it time for you to call him by the nickname you and Rebekah call him by.

Kol txt

Have you?

Katherine frowned at the text she received. Hurriedly text him back.

Katherine txt

That's not funny Kol. You know I wouldn't. It's been two days. You already paid him back which I'm sure he abhorred your little joke, but that felt like you were making me pay more than Klaus.

Kol thought as he read Katherine text message with word abhorred You have no idea. Oh love wait till' you hear the truth. Then he text using one hand while driving.

Kol txt

Then neither will I. There something we have in common.

She let out an exasperated sigh. Forgetting to only stick to typing in case of Klaus seeing that she had her cell phone still on her. She called Kol. He picked up slamming the car door shut.

" He's your brother Kol." She said while standing.
"So I have another brother too. What does it matter? And a sister you've heard of I'm sure." He said walking quickly.
" I've seen her. At least you have your siblings." Katherine looked up.

"Katherine.."

She pulled the cell phone from her ear hanging up.

Then she saw a car pull up near the curb where she was at. She stared puzzled as to who it is. Katherine felt some one touch her arm. " Your frappuchino." Katherine nearly jumped having not notice Klaus bedside her.

"What's wrong?" He said placing his hands on her shoulders. He was concerned that she hadn't heard him walking up to her. Which he knew she always did."Somebody drove up on the curb. You see." She pointed her finger in front of her. Then noticed a familiar looking male get out of the driver's seat walking fast towards them.

" All I see is my brother Kol walking towards us." He said annoyed.
Katherine smiled taking a step forward making Klaus's hands fall from her shoulders. Which made Klaus turn his head away seeing the amused smile on her face then back to Kol coming up to them.

" Hello Nik." Katherine smiled again at him and he smiled back.

Katherine was pleased by Kol she coyly sipped her straw.
"Kol. Didn't know that you were coming to town." Klaus turned his frown into a smile.

" Didn't Katerina tell you?" Kol asked.
"Kol." She stopped sipping.

"Tell me what?" Klaus asked knowing he wasn't going to like the answer and wanted to get Kol' s taunting him over with. He looked to see Katherine's startled look. Then Kol snickered at him. " Really you didn't tell him." He said to Katherine. Ignoring his brother.
"He just got here." Katherine played with her straw then took another sip so she didn't have to answer him.

" You weren't going to were you." Kol smirked.

Klaus got impatient he turned towards his brother. " Tell me what Kol?" he asked irritated at not knowing what was being said between the two secretly. He faced his brother Kol telling him " Why I came to see you of course dear brother." Kol smiled with a straight face holding in another laugh.

" Don't lie to me Kol. Why are you really here?"
"I left something here."

" Then take it and leave. I still have some packing left to do and other business to deal with before Katerina and I have to leave town." He said grabbing Katherine's upper arm still holding onto her drink. But felt a tug back. " What are you doing Kol?" Klaus said staring at Kol pulling on Katherine's freed arm.

Gritted his teeth " I told you brother I left something here and I'm taking it back." he said pulling her arm.

Katherine body yanked towards Kol.

"Kol.' Klaus jerked Katherine's back into his chest " if you are joking I'm not laughing ,neither do I have the time for them. If you don't let go this instance you're going to be sorry." by enclosing his grip on her more than he meant to Klaus was leaving noticeably red mark begun to show on her skin's upper arm. Kol noticed redness. Getting into his brother's face he replied "How by hurting her." Kol pulled on Katherine.
Two continues making Katherine's body shake. Her eyes were going back and forth until she had enough telling them " Stop pulling." They let go. With her rubbing her arms.

Kol suggests " I have an idea. Why not let Katerina decide who she wants to go with." He said throwing his arms out his smile wide.
Klaus wiped his lips. Answered with irritated smirk " I have a better one. I snap your neck and we leave you in your car."
Kol laughs at Klaus immediate threat that was expected of him. He tells him " Why Nik' Kol says his name cynical he can "don't need to be hostile just because you know Katerina will choose to leave with me."
Klaus fumes steps towards Kol with menacing glare at him.

Kol's lips thinned " You want to have a row with me. Fine then, ready when you are brother." Coming closer at each other faces staring each other down.
Katherine steps in places her hands on their shoulders. "Calm it you two."she says. Her touch makes both Original brother's step back at good distance from each other but with her still standing in between them.

" Fine we are both gentlemen.' one hand behind Klaus back he motions his other " Katerina. Choose who you're leaving with." He sincerely says looking directly at her. The two begin to walk in a half circle around her.

Katherine looks at one to the other. She glides over to Kol grinning at her. She puts her arms over his shoulder hanging off it. Kol lifts his eyebrows smirking at him. Annoyed at Kol' s face saying I-told-you-so Klaus says voice grating "Then you better keep an eye on her."

"Of course. I'll never leave her out of my sight. Right love."
"Kol." Katherine frowned looking him in the eyes.
" What." Kol said.

Klaus and Katherine looked at him said at same time " You know." Then they glanced at each other. Kol pouts pulling Katherine gaze away from his brother he asked her. " So what now? Where do you want to go?"

"Chicago."
" That's funny. That is where I was planning for us to go." Klaus said as if their thinking of going the same way was peculiar.
" What's in Chicago?" Kol asked.
" My apartment." they said " Her apartment." at same time.
" You know where her apartment is." Kol said surprised.
Klaus smiled "You mean you didn't. What a shame, I thought you knew lots about Katerina."
" But I will brother. Since we were planning to go there anyway."
"You're lying."
" Oh but I'm not." Kol smiled pulling out his cell phone.
"Kol don't." Katherine said worried.

" Didn't you know brother. I came to pick her up. You want proof' he held his phone out showing Klaus the texts " here it is. This is the one where she said that we should go to her apartment together." Kol said the last sentence in his ear.

Katherine anxiously awaits Klaus answer. Carefully stepping away. Klaus notices her ready to run when he quickly steps in front.

"Where do you think you're going?"
"No where."

"So then why is it that Kol deemed it important in trying to trick me for you to go with him? Making plans while I was away for business also getting you iced coffee. Well Katerina." He stood staring her down. Grabbing the plastic cup from her he crushes it in his hand.

"You got her coffee. How sweet of you Nik." Kol said trying to take the heat off Katherine. Klaus only turned his head to glare at him. Then turned back to her for a answer. "Klaus I." Kol interrupted saying " It was my idea. Not her's brother." Klaus walked up to Kol.
"Oh I'm sure it was just like before." Klaus sneered at him.
"You didn't give me a choice." Kol reminded him.
"Oh I gave you one like I told you before. You just made the wrong choice." Klaus said smiling awkwardly.
" Tell me does Katerina know the truth why I had to keep her in staying with me back then or you too chicken to tell her." Kol frowned.
"Kol that isn't any of your business."

Katherine in hearing what Kol says remembered something of the past that made her angry at Klaus. She breathes a heavy sigh. " Let's go Kol."

"Coming." Kol smiled at his brother.

Klaus stopped Katherine saying "You still haven't answered."
Kol kept walking until he saw Katherine stop and turn around to face Klaus. Then she smiled at Kol running her hand across his chest. She turned her head to Klaus "You know why I picked to go with Kol. I can finally say this since he's here. I remember how you dare to have Kol compel me to forget about him. Until after you dagger him leaving him in a box." Katherine walked up to Klaus face. Feeling for the first time Katherine was glaring at him. Klaus didn't know how he should respond to her. So he stared back at her determined not to give her his reasons why he had Kol do it.

" Oh you remember that. Someone's in trouble."Kol quietly snickered to himself. Trying to put a hand near his mouth covering from trying to be overheard.

" Kol why don't you wait in the car for Katerina."he said still staring at Katherine. She looked at him to confirm her agreement "It's fine. You could do what he says. There still something I have to say to Klaus."

" Fine I'll wait by the car." Kol said annoyed. Walking off.
Klaus waited for her to continue knowing she had more to say to him. Katherine waited until Kol far enough away.

"After I released him he couldn't remember who I really was. I know you compelled him to forget about me. So we started all over as if meeting for the first time. You failed not expecting Kol would like me again after we met for the second time. Just like the compulsion wore off on me when you killed your own brother. It will eventually wear off on him when you least expect the same will happen to you. Just like you did to him. And that's why I am leaving with him. Because you didn't give us that choice back then. So I'm taking it now."
" Then I will see you then, after I finish some business."
" What business? Trying to steal Elena again." Katherine smirked. "For your hybrids."
Stroking his chin Klaus says " I haven't forgotten that you killed the last batch of my hybrids."
Katherine mouths " You welcome."
Klaus question gaze made her tell him. "Did you forget. Mikael compelled them to be his little bitches. They would have turned on you if you didn't get the chance to actually kill him."
Klaus stroked his chin again thinking.

" So what other business is there? I forgot Caroline. The little blonde vampire, ' she points up her finger " which Kol told me she has claws now. Good for her. I bet it stung your pride when you couldn't get her. By the way thank you for the coffee it tasted good." She giggled her fingers slightly touching her lips.
Kol looking at his cell phone looked up hearing her giggle smirked at her.

Klaus gripped Katherine by her arms pulling her closer to him lifted her up until they were eye to eye. " Careful what you say love. I am allowing you to leave with Kol." Katherine gritted her teeth. Klaus set her down still gripping her.
Kol leaning against his car watching started walking towards them with a feeling of madness. Klaus seeing Kol coming up their way told him " Kol you're on baby sitting duty."
Katherine said " I guess will be having fun without you."
Klaus whispered heatedly in Katherine ear. " Do not play with him. He will harm you." He said still holding onto her. Katherine retorted back "The one harming me is you. Kol wouldn't hurt me unless I provoked him. Even then he wouldn't unless I gave him enough reason to" Kol interrupts saying " Brother take your hands off her." Katherine glanced in a way to him asking if he was going to let her go.

He did telling her " I will see you at your apartment, sweetheart." He smiled. Then he waited for Katherine to walk past them in angry pace before walking up to Kol putting his arm over his shoulder he told him in a whisper " I will tear out your liver if you harm or touch her just as I promised you before. Kol she is mine to choose what to do with. As with Elijah I told him the same."
Kol scoffed " Then dear brother you should have choose to go to Chicago instead of staying here in Mystic Falls." He walked off Klaus removing his arm. Klaus watched them leave displeased.

Katherine still walked pacing herself to calm down. Kol came up from behind whispering fast in her ear before walking into step beside her " Still love my brother now. Or are you stewing over his reaction."

" Kol not right now. Not until we get into the car."

They opened the car doors getting settled inside. Kol pulling away from the curb Katherine said while he drove " He's not like that with me usually."
" Right it's his wolf side."

Katherine laughed. " Why don't we go grab something to eat." She smiled.

" Sure how about a nice couple on a date."
" Hmm too cliched. How about one's at a movie theater."
" Even better." Kol said with evil smirk. " How I love hunting with you Miss Pierce."
"I know you do." She smiled.

Kol headed to movie theater.

Katherine cell phone rings.

Klaus txt

Do not forget what I said.

Katherine txt

Which part?

Klaus txt

Sweetheart, do not play with him. My brother will break you.

Katherine thinking because she's his toy replied back.

Not that you care. But I'll be fine.

Klaus txt

I know what I'm talking about. Do what I say.

Katherine breathes out angrily closes her cell phone she asks Kol to pull over. He asks her why and she ask him to do it. He tells her fine but not to be so bitchy about it, he does as she asks him too. Katherine steps out of the car. Kol opens it curious as to what's gotten to her sees her throw her phone up in the air. Kol uses his speed to chase after it and catches it.

" Why did you do that?" Katherine says lips pressed in annoyance crosses her arms in angle not happy at Kol getting it.

" Guessing that was Nik." He walks up to her.
" I don't want to talk to him. Since it's my phone I can do what I want with it. Hand it over.' she opens her palm out.
" Kol." Katherine tries reaching for it. "Give it to me." Kol moves his hand out of her reach.
" Oh I will." Kol smiles.
Katherine frowns.
Kol smile drops when he sees she's not laughing or even smiling just a tiny bit. " Trust me darling. You're going to want this with you." he says joking aside.
" No I don't think so."
" My brother is being nice."
" Your brother is being an ass. You don't even know what he said." her smile waned.
" Alright,why did you throw it?"
" He keeps warning me about you." she pointed at him her arms still crossed.
Kol responds in agreement " He's not wrong."

Realizing that still wouldn't convince her. He tells her instead.

" He let you go with me. And if you don't have this with you when he's trying to reach you. My brother wouldn't still be nice." he says with an awkwardly painful look meant for her.

Still not satisfied she snatches her cell phone back.
" Fine."
" Will grab something to eat. Still not happy then."
" Then I will put a smile on your face."
" Kol what are you doing?" Katherine asks bewildered he wraps his arms around Katherine.
Kol takes his cell phone snaps a picture of himself kissing Katherine on the cheek. " There." Sends it to Klaus.

He puts cell phone away and suggests they get back in the car. Quickly do laughing and drive off headed to Chicago.

Klaus opens a text from Kol.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is sequel to Surprise. Kol's in it. Hope you love it. I know I did writing it. Please leave any comments. If you liked or have any questions on any of my stories. I don't own Vampire Diaries.

Can contact me on twitter @MissesPierce or @fairysbutterfly

Set after Klaus switches back into his body from Tyler's.

Songs inspired this drabble.

Save My Life - ZZ Ward
Uummannaq Song - KT Tunstall
Sweet Nothing - Calvin Harris,Florence Welch
Lightning Crashes - Live