Status: Being re-wrtitten

Kill or Be Killed

Merle

I walk in step with Daryl, I cannot resist looking up at him and admiring him. I always feel at ease when Daryl returns from his hunting trips. He is now all I have, for as far as I know, all my family are gone.

Once we are out of sight, Daryl stops walking and stands in front of me. A smirk forms on his lips before he places a rough kiss on my lips, his hand rests on the back of my neck. I step closer to Daryl’s body, wrapping my arms around his neck.

“I’m glad you are back,” I whisper against his lips, after finally being able to pull away from him.

Smiling down at me, he reassures me, “Told ya. I’ll always be back for ya, stupid mother fucking walkers couldn’t stop me. C’mon let’s go.”

We continue to walk towards the camp, my heart drops into my stomach as Daryl calls out for Merle. I mentally pinch myself for not mentioning it before, I was too distracted byDaryl’s homecoming. I nibble down on my bottom lip nervously, as Shane asks Daryl to slow down a bit. Daryl lets go of me, to turn around and face Shane.

I grab Daryl’s hand as he questions what Shane wants. I squeeze his hand hard as Shane mentions it is about Merle. Confused, Daryl to looks at me. His confusion grows as he sees me biting down on my lip, a trait he knows I only do when I am nervous. I take a deep breath as everyone surrounds us.

“He dead?” Daryl asks Shane, referring to Merle.

Shane replies bluntly, “Not sure.”

Taking a step towards Shane, Daryl replies annoyed, “He ‘ither is or he ain’t.”

“No easy way to say this, so I will just say it,” Rick cuts in, walking towards Daryl and I.

Looking at Rick, Daryl snarls, “Who are you?”

I close my eyes as Rick introduces himself. Daryl becomes defensive and snarls back, “You got something to tell me?”

“Your brother was a danger to us all. So I handcuffed him to a piece of metal on top of a roof. He’s still there,” Rick explains to him calmly.

Daryl rips his hand from mine and walks around a bit, taking in Rick’s words. I take a step back, knowing how when his temper comes out, he becomes unstable.

“Let me process this. You say, you hand cuffed my brother to a roof? And you left him there?” he yells at Rick.

Rick looks down at the ground guilty. Lori looks over at me with pleading eyes to help calm down Daryl. I just avoid her glaze. There is nothing I can do, they left him Merle a sitting duck for walkers. I gulp nervously and instinctively place my hand on my stomach, I have never seen Daryl angry, it worries me.

Shane tackles Daryl down, as he makes his way to Rick aggressively. Daryl lands on his back and is engulfed in rage, he pulls out his hunting knife that Merle gave him years ago. He swigs the knife at Rick but he dodges it with ease. It takes both Shane and Rick to restraint Daryl in a sleeper hold. They ask him to have a claim discussion before releasing him from the hold.

Image


My eyes are fixed on Daryl as Rick tries to justify his actions. T-Dog jumps into the conversation, informing us it was his fault. They explain the situation about the door being chained, and it is likely he could still be alive.

“Hell with all ya’ll. Just tell me where he is, so I can go get him,” Daryl exclaims trying to put up a tough front.

Out of the blue, Lori volunteers her husband, “He’ll show you.”

“I’m going back.” Rick agrees with his wife.

Daryl storms off to our tent, I quickly follow after him. I need to run in order to catch up with him. When I reach him, he is already at our tent. I notice him wipe his eyes, he avoids eye contact with me.

Placing my hand on his muscular arm, I whisper, “I’m sorry Dar.”

Spitting on the ground, he looks at me and asks, “What you sorry for? You didn’t leave him there.” He licks his lips, and then demands, “You aint stopping me from getting him.”

Shaking my head, I agree with him, “No, I’m not but I’m going with you and Rick.”

“Hell no you aint!” he yells at me. “I aint letting ya, it’s dangerous,” he explains.

“Look you’ll be with me! You know I’m one fucking good shot,” I exclaim, knowing he can’t argue with that fact.

I went hunting a lot with my father. When my brothers, father and I, were unable to go hunting, we would go to the shooting range. This was our family quality time, thankfully now it has become a bonus.

I continue to stare at him, he swears under his breath. Running a hand through his hair, he orders,”You otta do what I say. You stay by my side, got it?”

I agree to his terms and conditions, with a nob of the head and placing a kiss on his lips. Passion takes over both of us, one of his hands is through my hair and the other, situated on my arse. My arms are locked around his neck, my body pushed against his.

He stops our make out session, leaving us both breathing heavily. I smirk at him, feeling his erect penis through his pants against me. I reach down and caress him through his jeans, causing a groan to escape his lips.

“Fuck, the things you do to me woman,” he moans, enjoying my touch.