Status: Will be worked on!

The X Factor

Dakota Leigh Fanning is a thirteen-year-old girl who auditions for The X Factor in 2012, and easily makes it in, her audition being called 'the greatest audition on The X Factor'. She has grown up all her life without a father, raised solely by her mother, a Broadway star in New York. That is, until she meets her father. It's just that no one knows their related. Not even them.

Nate Ruess always hated kids. Until he met Dakota. Dakota, having not grown up with a father, started to look up to Nate as her father... The only problem was, he really was her father.

Dakota is mixed race (mutallo), and is drop-dead-gorgeous, with chestnut-brown hair, naturally tanned skin almost as dark as her hair, and her signature bright, icy green eyes she inherited from Nate. She models to bring in extra money for her and her mom.

Her mother, Meghan Fanning, is a star on Broadway. She has raised Dakota as a single mother since Meghan was eighteen. Meghan Fanning became one of the biggest names on Broadway in 2006, and has won multiple Tony Awards since for Best Actress. Meghan became pregnant with Dakota when she was seventeen (Nate also seventeen, but he never knew about it seeing as it had been a one-night-stand).

NOTE: The Rachel is this story is not MY Rachel. It's the real Rachel, Rachel Antonoff, who is actually dating Nate Ruess in real life. The two are also a couple in this fic. :)

OTHER NOTE: Yes, I stole Dakota Fanning's name. Sue me. I just really like it ;.;
  1. Audition
    Dakota Leigh Fanning auditions for the 2012 X Factor in the US.
  2. Audition Part 2