Status: I'll update as much as I can!

Till We Disappear

We Can't Control Who We Hurt

As soon as the bell rang I grabbed Chris’ hand and darted out of the back doors of the band hall.
“What’s that about?” he asked he with a chuckle.
“I don’t feel like breaking someone’s nose today.” I simply replied.
He looked at me with a wondering look in his the eyes. “What do you mean?”
“I get picked on a lot and I don’t have friends to back me up so I always end up punching someone in the face.” He placed both of his hands on my shoulders and looked me straight in my eyes. I felt weak at my knees. I’m falling for one of my own, it’s rare, and it’s not really supposed to happen from what I’ve heared.
“You have nothing to worry about, you have me now.” He said reassuringly. I felt tears welt up in my eyes, and eventually stream down my face. Chris raised his hand and wiped away the tears.
“Please don’t cry.” He said pleadingly. He pulled me into a hug. “This being the first time to see you upset, I can tell you now that I don’t like it.”
“Oh look guys she has a soul!” I heard a masculine voice come from the direction of the gym. Fuck.
“And who the fuck are you.” Chris said, venom dripping at every word. He held me closer.
“Who the fuck am I? The real question is, is who the fuck are you?” It was Chance, senior jock who happens to be the biggest jerk on earth. It doesn’t matter how many times I pop him in the mouth. Chance is Chance.
I pulled away from Chris; I needed to get a few things straight with Chance, by now there was a small crowd around us. I thought I could do what I do best, be a Succubus, in other words, tease the guy. I walked up to him putting a finger on his chest. “You know after all of the times have kicked your ass you would learn by now, but I’m not going to waist my energy right now.” I looked him in his eyes the whole time, not intimidating him, doing the exact opposite, seducing him. I took a step closer. “What’s this? Little chance is speechless?” his breath started to pick up it’s pace, I was doing my job correctly, I looked down, he had an obvious boner. “Now go to the little boys room and go fix yourself up because I’m not going to do that for you.” At that I snapped back around heading towards Chris. I stood on my tiptoes leaning into his ear. “Play along.” I whispered. Once I had gotten his approval I grabbed the collar of his leather jacket and pulled him down, I proceeded to press my lips against his, I kissed him, I’d be lying if I said that I felt nothing in the kiss, it felt like fireworks went off inside of me. He was shocked at first but kissed back. Once we finished and I turned around to look at Chance, I got the exact reaction I wanted, his jaw was on the ground. I linked hands with Chris and walked away from the scene heading towards my house.
When we were out of sight we dropped hands.
“That was fucking awesome!” Chris said.
“Which part? The fact that he actually thought he was going to get something or the fact that I embarrassed the shit out of him?” I chuckled at the last part that escaped from my mouth.
"I don’t know but the ‘fucking awesome’ part was the kiss.” He replied.
I looked down and blushed. He grabbed my hand as we walked in silence the rest of the way there, it was a good kind of silence though, it wasn’t awkward. I’m assuming that he was following my scent because he knew all of the turns to take.
“Did you really mean it? About the kiss…” I asked.
We stopped dead in our tracks and looked at each other. “If I didn’t mean it I wouldn’t do this,” He lent down putting his hands on both sides on my cheeks and pressed his lips against mine. I kissed back willingly loving the feeling of his lips against mine. He slid his hands down to my hips and managed to pull me closer. I interlocked my fingers behind his neck. He stood up straight; I stood on my tip- toes trying to get the kiss to last as long as possible. He didn’t let go of me until I couldn’t reach anymore. I slid my hands down his neck and dropped them to my side, “Do you believe me now?”
I simply nodded and stopped as he continued to walk. “What are you doing?” he chuckled.
“I don’t feel like walking anymore.” I pouted.
He grabbed me and threw me on his shoulder, I let out a squeal. I managed to crawl to get on his back for a piggyback ride.
“Well this is my place.” I said as we went up the driveway of my house. I loved my house, it had an old Victorian feel to, it was passed down in my family, there was no telling how old it was. I hopped off of Chris’ back and searched in my pockets for my key. It was a skeleton key that was just as old as the house. I pulled it out of my pocket and stuck it into the door. I heard a click and proceeded to turn the knob. We stepped inside. Chris’ eyes wondered around the house.
“So what do your parents do?” he asked.
“My dad lives in Texas and he grinds marble and my mom lives in California with her boyfriend.” I replied
“Oh, are they…”
Since I knew where the question was going I thought I would go ahead and answer. “No they’re not demons, I caught the recessive gene.”
He nodded his head and went to the bookshelf. I settled down on the couch watching him. “I see you read a lot.”
“Yeah, since my parents couldn’t tell me much about me I decided to find out myself. I found out what was a myth and what was a fact by trying them out, some more reckless than the others, but there is one that I haven’t been able to try due to a lack of Incubi.” I said
“And that is?” he asked.
I looked down and blushed. “In a few of those books it says that and Incubus and Succubus can’t be mated or ‘counterparts’ of each other.”
“It’s wrong, you can’t control who your mate is, and it’s more ‘fate’ so to speak.” He simply said.
“How do you know who your mate is?” I asked, he didn’t seem to mind.
“You know right when you look at them, with humans it takes time to know if you’re attracted to someone or not when you first meet them it takes time. With us you’ll be attracted to someone by either scent, appearance, or something as simple as personality, if it’s really meant to be then maybe all of them.” Shit.
“Have you found your mate yet?” I asked almost on the brink of tears, he knows all of the signs he must have been mated to someone.
“No.” he replied simply moving over to the movie shelf.
“Do you have any idea of who she is?”
“She’s closer than you think,” He replied while grabbing The Crow off the shelf, “Do you mind if we watch this?”
“N-no not at all,” I cleared my throat, “it’s actually one of my favorites.”
“Really? Mine too.” He said as he slid the disc into the DVD player.
At that he came and joined me on the couch, he sat down next to me and wrapped his arm around me. At that moment I felt like the safest person in the world. I laid my head down on his shoulder and continued to watch the movie. Before I knew it I was drifting my way into a pit of darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it kinda took me a while-ish, I had writers block.
I wan't to thank the one's who have subscribed, commented, and recommended my story. I'm truly excited!
I also have a surprise for you in the next chapter, I'm sure you guys would like it!
-Ellaisnotsosilent