Sequel: I Won't Give Up

A Blend of Fear & Passion

Greg

I took personal time off to make sure I was giving Dawson my full attention. I also had Doris excuse Jackson and Fiona to help me out, hoping that with some help from a couple of friends would push him harder. I was stretching when there was a knock on the window. I looked up and saw the familiar faces of Jackson and Fiona, both waving when they saw my stare. "Basement door is unlocked," I said, causing them to give me a thumbs up.

We were all finishing up with the stretching when we heard Dawson call, "Greg? You down there?"

"Yeah, love," I said, causing the others to bite their lips. I smacked them both, both laughing as they rubbed the back of their heads.

"Who's all down there?" he asked as he walked down the stairs and looked around, spotting both of our guests. "What's ... going on?" he asked as he slowly came down the rest of the stairs.

"We're going to beat this shit," I said, walking over to him and pulling him into my arms. "I've also flew a couple of others out from Detroit to help us out," I said, letting out a whistle. Coming out from the shadows was Wil and Ginny, both grinning.

"Holy fuck!" Dawson said, removing himself from me and tackling the two old friends to the ground. "It's been forever!"

"Only a few months, dude," Ginny said, causing Dawson to laugh. After a few moments, they all stood up and I saw his determination become more apparent in his eyes.

"I've brought these four here today because I felt that if you had friends from both Detroit and here, you'd not only have a bit of fun, but more inspiration as well," I said, removing my shirt. I looked at Wil for a brief moment, seeing him trying not to stare so much at Jackson. It was all I needed to see to know that my other plan had began to work.

Time Elapse

Every one of us was drenched in sweat and breathing hard. I looked at Dawson for a moment, looking at the scar along his side. I knew because of that particular one that his dancing was off. Drills, I thought. It'll push him and get him to keep practicing.

"Alright, we're gonna do a drill. We're going to start off easy, and work our way up," I said, getting nods from every one. I saw Dawson looking at me with a hint of anger. Knowing what he was thinking I said, "I know you don't want to start off easy because how can that push you. Here's the thing, get those muscles working again, and move with fluidity, and the more you get back to your old self, the more harder my drills are going to get. We're all going to work with you until then."

Dawson eventually nodded in agreement, meeting the gazes of everyone. "You guys don't know how much I appreciate this," he said, his eyes threatening to spill tears.

"We're all one big Ohana," Fiona said, wrapping her arms around Dawson's neck. "You never give up on family." The others soon joined the fray, and I stood back and smiled. "Get over here, Gregory!" Fiona said, giving me a look of crazy before smiling. I walked over and joined them, getting forced to the center with Dawson.

Bending down towards Dawson, I whispered, "We'll work on singing later." At that, I kissed his forehead and we quickly got working on the drills.