Status: Active!!

Releasing the Demons

Bad Feelings

My heart was instantly at ease when I saw the hotel in the distance. Ruby must have known she was almost “home” because she started yelping in excitement.

“I want everyone to report to my room so we can talk over our plans.” Matt said loudly.
Zack was quiet the rest of the way as we made it to the front door, Layla and Jake were coming out of the doors as soon as the truck stopped Ruby jumped out and went over to Jake both of them were wagging their tails happily. I get out and Layla quickly gives me a tight, warm and much needed hug.

“Glad to see that they listened to me.” Layla said letting me go.

“Everything went smoothly except when we were loading the trailer, but no one was hurt.” I said

“What Happened?” Layla asked curiously.

“She will fill you in later, but right now we need to get this stuff up to our rooms.” Matt’s voice said loudly.

We all packed boxes and headed to the elevators and headed up to the suite.
I told Layla about the meeting as we headed into our room.

“Eve what the hell happened out there?” Layla asked putting some water and food down for her babies.

“While we were loading the truck we discovered a large group of brain eaters coming in our direction. Zack, who decided he wanted to salvage the day, went into the trailer became a huge motorbike and headed into the mass of bastards. We loaded the truck we got back into the truck and went after him and rescued him. “I explained.

“Wow he’s a crazy dude, but I’m glad he risked his life for you guys and you all came back safe.” Layla said

I simply nodded. “Oh Matt is having a meeting in his room I guess he is wanting to go over some plans.” I said walking into the bathroom and taking a shower. I heard Layla say okay and that she would be getting ready to leave.

My shower was uneventful, but it felt good nonetheless. I quickly got dressed and headed back into the room and saw Layla ready to go.

“Two days out in the desert I feel like death.” I said to Layla. She let out a little laugh which I haven’t heard since we’ve come across each other.

“Alright let’s get this meeting over with.” Layla said getting Ruby and Jake and heading for the door. We head down the hall to Matt’s room and walk right in.

It seems we were late to the party because Matt was already talking.

“I was just talking about our options.” Matt said

“He wants to go back out and take the rest of the shit from the truck.” Zack said looking over at us.
Layla looked over at me and I could see her eyes glow with anger.

“I really think you guys should wait a couple weeks Eve told me about your close call out in the dessert.” Layla snapped looking right at Matt.

“We did what we had to, and we all returned safely.” Matt snapped back.

I could feel the tension in the room, but I couldn’t blame Layla for being angry.

“We are going to be heading out in four days.” Matt said looking around the room.

“I have a bad feeling about this Eve, a really bad feeling.” Layla said looking at me. I could only hope that my own bad feeling would go away.
♠ ♠ ♠
HI guys hope you enjoyed! Please let me know what you guys think. Hope everyone had a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving!!