Status: Active!!

Releasing the Demons

Zombie Vegas

Layla and I have been driving for 3 ½ hours trying to find even the smallest shred of life. I suggested going to Las Vegas in hopes of having that city somewhat Zombie-free.

Layla has been really quiet for most of the whole drive, and I think it has to do with leaving her house to be taken over by zombies.

“First sign of safety we will come back and fix up your mother’s house Lay.” I said picking the hem of my jacket.

“That house isn’t a part of me anymore; I want my mother’s memory to stay with me. It’s been tainted by those damn flesh eaters.” She said her face voided of emotions.

I see the city of Vegas a head and just as we thought the city a little desecrated, but most of it looked still livable. The lights were mostly smashed, seeing as most of the country lost power.

“The plan is to find the biggest hotel and clear it floor by floor it’s still light out so we have time. Then we will make our home the top floor. In the morning we will see if there are supplies here, and search for survivors. “Layla said continued to drive down the Vegas strip.

“I agree and I think we should try The Venetian it’s the biggest hotel I know.” I said pointing out the route to Layla.

“Right, Okay that’s good.” She said driving down the route.

We pulled up to the Venetian to see that it was still in pretty good condition. Ruby and Jake the trusty dogs jump out of the jeep, and stay close to Layla’s side. We get out and take a look around

“This looks nice Eve I think we will make this into a very well armored safe house.” Layla said.

I couldn’t get too comfortable because I saw something out of the corner of my eyes, and Layla’s howling hounds proved me right.

A pack of 4 or 5 unfriendly’s were hot on our arrival and Layla and I both got our guns ready to fire.

“Eve check to see if the doors still are open, and I’ll hold these guys off!” Layla yelled.

I ran over to the door only to have it be pushed open by 6 or 7 large men with guns.

“Bring your gear inside we will help your friend.” One of the men said pushing past me and rushed to help Layla. I did exactly what the man said and grabbed all of our stuff and took it into the lobby of the hotel. I can hear the gun fire and then nothing. Everyone ran back inside including Layla and her dogs.

“So I guess you guys are survivors too?” The same man said looking at us.

“Yeah I’m Eve and this is my best friend Layla with her two dogs Ruby and Jake.” I said introducing us. The guys all nodded at us.

“I’m Matt and these guys are my team. Brian, Jimmy, Zack and Johnny we also have our gun specialists Matt and Jason Berry.” Matt said pointing to all the guys.

”It’s nice to meet all of you Eve and I have been searching for months for other survivors like us.” Layla said. The guys nodded and helped take our stuff.

“Floors 1-50 are uninhabitable too many zombie corpses, but anything above that we have secured. All of us are on one level with adjoining rooms in case of ambush. “Matt said walking over to the elevator.

“You guys still have power here?” I asked as we all got on the elevator.

“Yeah Brian repaired the giant generator in the basement and tapped into the city’s underlying power grid. He also found a way to give us running water. We mainly use it for the elevator and making food.” Jimmy said.

I noticed inside the elevator that there was blood all over the walls and floor. It was very dry so it was very old, but it still made me uneasy.

“So where are you guys from?” Layla asked giving her dogs some water.

“Huntington, when the epidemic hit our town we had to act quickly and learn how to survive.” Matt said looking around at all his friends.
Finally we reached the 70th floor and stepped off. I looked around and it looked like a regular hotel hallway.

“You girls can have the rooms next to the berry’s they will show you. Welcome to the Reign Compound glad you’re the good guys.” Matt said and the rest of the guys left down the hall.
We followed the berry twins and took us to our door.

“Thanks again for helping us out we really need it.” Layla Said to the twins who nodded and headed off down the hall like the others.

“Well I guess this is our new home for a while.” I said and Layla and I, with Ruby and Jake walked into our room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi guys I know this has been waaay overdo I am soo sorry. I hope you enjoy! Please let us know how you like it!!