Status: Active!!

Releasing the Demons

Kill Those Sons A Bitches

"I'll follow you all down and start making sure the area is secured." I said as I tightened the packs on Jake and Ruby and grabbing my sniper rifle.

"I'll get one of the Berry's to come down and help you."

"Hold it right there! I don't need someone slowing me the fuck down and besides they have the children to look after." I said gripping my weapon tighter in my hands.

"Lay, do you think that's such a good idea? I mean what if you run into a lot of them?"

"Eve, you know I can hold my own against those bastards. I don't need some man babysitting me." I said rolling my eyes.

"No one is going to be babysitting you just helping make sure you don't get yourself killed." I glared daggers into the soul of Brian but he wasn't backing down from my glare.

"Listen to him Eve. You going out there by yourself with no one to have your back is like a suicide mission."

"Are you guys going to head out or what? The sooner you all leave the sooner you get back." I said changing the subject. No one said a word as I walked to the door with my dogs following close behind me. I waited by the elevator and thought about how I was acting. I don't know what the hell is going on. I'm starting to act like some kind of vicious monster that doesn't have a soul and I don't like it one bit but I can't show weakness. Being weak gets you killed.

They all finally decided to join me and we took the short elevator ride down to the lobby of the hotel. I really bet this place was jumping with business before the world went to hell in a hand basket and maybe when the world gets back in order I'll come out here for a vacation or something. We left the building and I decided that Eve would need someone that I trust and would protect her no matter what.

"Eve, take Ruby with you." I said as I petted her head.

"Layla I can't do that. You need both of them."

"I'd feel better if you took her along with you. She can let you know if there are any of those fuckers around." I said and Ruby wagged her tail happily.

"Alright. If you think you'll be fine without her for a while I'll take her along."

"Thanks. Remember be careful out there and don't let your guard down even for a minute." I said and I internally shook my head for sounding so like a worried mother hen.

"That goes for you too Layla."

"Oh don't worry about me. Now go kill some of those sons a bitches for me." I said smiling and she nodded. I helped her load Ruby into Zacky's vehicle and I watched as they pulled away. Hopefully that truck they are going to won't be empty. I bit my lip and quietly whistled to let Jake know to follow. Now to secure the compound.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about it being so short but leave comments anyways :)