Status: My updates will be sporadic for a while :/

Secret Messages

Chapter Thirteen

"FUCK!"

I giggled as the needle pierced through Blake's lip. He always acts so tough, standing up to everyone but he can't even handle a piercing. I smiled at him and he attempted to smile back, I guess forgetting about what just occurred.

"You're boyfriend is a baby Twi," Joseph said with a laugh.

"Yeah he is," I leaned down and kissed Blake's cheek.

"It hurt!" he defended.

"I'm sure it did sweetie.

"How does it look?"

"Adorable."

We went out front and paid for Blake's piercing and care supplies and my new jewelry and headed out. Blake kept toying with the ring which was silly. Joseph put me in charge of making sure Blake took care of his lip. We clasped hands as we left the shop and headed towards my favorite consignment shop to do some serious shopping.

"You need this!" I said holding up a sweater that was too ugly to be cute causing Blake to make a disgusted face.

"No, no I don't," he said as I laughed at.

We looked a bit more until I happened across a gown. Not just any gown a wedding gown I felt the material as a pulled it off the rack. It looked so familiar, but I couldn't figure out why though. I was so distracted I didn't notice Blake coming up behind me and wrapping me up in a hug.

"What's this? Planning our wedding? I'd prefer a winter wedding, maybe January?" I couldn't tell if he was serious or not but I wasn't focused on him.

"I feel like I've seen this before..." I rubbed my thumb over the silk of the bodice.

"Was it your mom's?"

At those words I suddenly got a flash of sneaking into my parents room shortly after my mom died and pulling this down. I had slipped the dress over my head, even though it practically swallowed me up; I was so small back then.

"Mom..." I started crying, right there in the middle of the store.

"Please don't cry," Blake begged as he turned me around and hugged me tight, crushing the dress between us, "How about you try this on? We're getting married in January and you'll need a dress."

"Stop joking around when I'm trying to cry," I sobbed against his chest.

"We ARE getting married. I already have it all planned out, all except the year. Now go try this on," he pushed me back a bit, keeping his one hand on my shoulder and using the thumb of his other to wipe my tears.

"But you can't see me in it! It's bad luck!"

"Luck schmuck. Now go!" He pushed me towards the dressing room.

*************************************************************

I stared at myself in the mirror for I don't know how long. Her dress fit me perfectly. The sweetheart neckline giving me something of a chest, the lace halter laid perfectly against my neck, the bottom flaring into a perfect trumpet. I felt beautiful in it. I never wanted to take it off. Just then there was a knock on the door and Blake asked if I was okay. I stepped out hoping he'd like it too.

"Wow...We're buying that."

"So you like it? Honest?" I asked as he had me twirl around.

"I love it," he came up to me and wrapped his arms around me. I looked up at him and smiled as he lowered his head to mine and connected our lips.

I suppose we got a little carried away because we heard someone cleared their throat. We eased apart with blushes on our faces. Blake gave me a peck on the lips and let me go. He turned me around and scooted me back to the dressing room.

When I was changed we went back to looking for regular clothes. I kept feeling the dress smiling as I imagined wearing it for a reason. Blake got a bunch of skinny jeans and various shirts before we headed to the counter to ring up. The cashier smiled at us when she came to the dress, asking when the wedding was.

Blake wrapped his arm around my waist and told her January, even though that wasn't set. We aren't even really engaged. We're more like engaged to be engaged.

"We are soooo getting married Twilight," Blake said as we put our bags in the car.

"Not for a while. We aren't getting engaged for at least a year and then we'll need another year for planning. It has to be perfect you know?"

"Whatever you say darling."

"January."

"I'd prefer May, when all the flowers are in bloom."

"We'll talk about it."
♠ ♠ ♠
Go here to see the dress