Status: My updates will be sporadic for a while :/

Secret Messages

Chapter Five

All day I was was confused by Blake, I mean he defended me against his FRIENDS. That was unexpected...I thought those snobby bitches that fawn over him were going to hyperventilate they were so freaked out. And that was quite humorous.

Greg was obviously proud of his nephew. He clapped him on the shoulder and laughed before going back to the grill. And after Blake told everyone off work wasn't horrible. I actually enjoyed myself and I had conversations with people that before sneered at me and insulted me. It was odd. Like the Twilight Zone. I giggled out loud at that. Sometimes I crack myself up.

*******************************************************************

After the diner closed for the night I waited for my dad for a good long while, half an hour almost, before he finally called and said that he had to work over and wouldn't be able to come get me. Thankfully Greg and Blake were still there, doing some last minute clean up. I heaved a sigh and went to ask for a ride home.

"Greggy?" I said my agitation evident in my voice.

"Yes Honey Bee?"

"Can you give me a ride home? Daddy has to work over tonight."

"I'm sorry, but I can't. I have the night shift with the baby tonight so that Marie can actually get some sleep."

"Darn," I mumbled before smiling at him, "It's fine"

"Blake!" Greg called bringing Blake's attention off his phone, " I want you to take Twila home. Her dad is working late tonight."

Blake didn't look to pleased by the idea of spending more time than necessary with me but he nodded and waved me over. I gave Greg a hug before rushing to follow Blake. I was a bit nervous about getting in Blake's car. He could not take me home and instead drive me to some obscure place and leave me there. But I have to have faith. He's the only way I'm getting home after all.

The drive was kinda quite, the only thing breaking the silence being Sleeping With Sirens flowing through the speakers, that was weird because I NEVER pictured Blake liking them, like ever. I took my phone out and texted Dark, I wasn't sure when he got off tonight but I could at least let him know I was off.

Twila: Hey. :) I just got off work and it wasn't horrible. You didn't say when you got off but eh. :3

After sending my text Blake's phone went off and he cursed. I looked at him with a confused face and he sent me a sheepish smile. He kept his eyes on the road as he removed his phone from his pocket and handed it to me. At first I wasn't sure what he wanted but then he explained himself.

"Can you check that for me? I don't wanna check it myself but I'm waiting for someone to text me," he said bashfully.

He told me his lock code and then I opened his text messages folder. Then I just stared at the phone. There was MY text to DARK! I stared at him and back at the phone then to him again. I was totally shocked.

"What? What's wrong??" He was obviously freaked out.

"DarkAsDay?" I whispered. Now he looked confused.

"How do you know that username?"

"Because I'm EnteringTwilight."
♠ ♠ ♠
Fifth chapter, already revealing who they are? Yes I am. It'll make sense as the story progresses.

P.S. Comment if you're a subscriber so that I can give you a shout out in an Author's Note