Status: Thanks for clicking :)

What's the Point of Being in Love?

Ten;

It was a few days later. We were currently in San Francisco, California.

"I've always wanted to come here," I said as I gazed out the window, the bus rolling down the busy streets. "It's so pretty."

Ree sat down next to me, "It is pretty gorgeous."

"Hey, is Brynn still in bed?" Emmie asked, from where she was sitting slowly on her coffee, afraid to hit a bump and spill it all over her.

"Pretty sure, yeah," Erix answered.

"I can get him up!" Abner jumped up, hopping towards the bunks.

A silly grin formed on my face, "Oh, I gotta see this!" I scurried off after him, with Key, Emmie, and Erix on my tail. I could hear Ree and Darren laugh.

Abner put a finger to his lips, shushing us. His eyes darted to Brynn's bunk, where he creeped over slowly. He then began to strip of his clothes, leaving him in only underwear. After so, his fingers met into the fold of Brynn's curtain, which he slowly opened. I watched as he climbed into his bunk, which was on the bottom, quietly over Brynn, and laid down. He slowly lifted Brynn's arm and wrapped it on himself, laying his head on Brynn's bare chest. After he was under the blanket, I saw him move some, and had to press a hand to my mouth when he threw his underwear towards us.

"Close the curtain, will ya?" he whispered. Key did so.

After a few moments, I heard a yawn.

"Ungh?" Brynn's tired voice mumbled. "Hey, Abner."

"Hey, babe," Abner replied in a sexy voice.

"Babe? Why did you- WHAT THE FUCK?!" I heard a thump. "Ow! Shit!" In the next moment Brynn was scurrying from the bunk, clad in his underwear, eyes looking like a deer caught in headlights. We were all laughing our asses off by now.

"Hey, Brynn," I managed to choke out in between fits of laughter. "You have a good morning?"

"Fuck you all!" Brynn shouted, slamming the bathroom door shut behind him.

About an hour later, we were at the venue and all dressed and ready.

"Okay, you're playing the Acoustic Basement Stage today," Ree told us, "which is obviously acoustic."

"And what time should we be there by?" Emmie asked, her fingers already linked in Darren, ready to walk away from us.

"Seven," she replied.

We all departed away from each other.

I walked down the line of tents for a while, before I spotted one and a grin broke out across my face. I saw a familiar mess of ginger hair picking out.

“Caleb fucking Turman!” I yelled. Caleb turned his head and gazed at me. Once he realized who I was, he turned his full body around, arms out. I ran over and wrapped my arms around his neck, tugging him into my body.

“The fuck are you doing here? This isn’t Ohio…” Caleb gave me a weird look when we pulled away.

I slapped his arm harshly. “I’m on Warped, dumbass. Friday With Two Meanings is on Warped Tour!”

“Oh, I didn’t know that…” Caleb scratched the back of his neck. I pushed him aside, rolling my eyes in the process.

“Kyle William Burns!” I held my arms out to the blonde. Kyle stood from his chair, hugging me tightly. I hopped up, wrapping my legs around his thin waist, completely catching him off guard. After he stopped stumbling, I hopped down.

“Hey, Anthony,” I waved to the merch guy. “Where’s Jonathan and Austin?”

“Went to mingle,” Kyle replied. “We stayed to meet the fans.”

I looked around, noticing that nobody was coming.

“Uh huuuuuh,” I giggled softly.

“It’s because All Time Low, Mayday Parade, and A Day To Remember are all playing right now,” Caleb said.

“Oh,” I nodded, getting it now.

“So, I hear you’re getting it on with the singer of The Downtown Fiction,” Kyle wiggled his brows at me.

My cheeks heated up a great amount, “If you put it that way, it sounds dirty.”

“That’s the point,” Caleb said, completely oblivious to the fact that I was being sarcastic.

“I know, Caleb,” I patted his arm, giggling.

“So, when did you guys start dating?” Kyle asked, taking a sip of his water, the plastic crinkling in the hot summer sun.

“We aren’t really dating,” I replied. I remembered the way Alex had put it yesterday. “We’re more in an open relationship.”

“So…I can fuck you and then you can go home to him and cuddle him and kiss him and it’ll be perfectly okay?” Kyle quirked a brow. “He can know and everything and it’s not supposed to bother him?” He then tilted his head to the side. “…Weird.”

“It’s complicated,” I shrugged, plopping down into the chair he’d been sitting in previous.

For a while I sat and talked to Kyle and Caleb before the fans started piling in, since the real famous band had just gotten off stage.

“I’m going to go find Cameron or something,” I hugged Kyle, before hugging Caleb and making my way out.

I found The Downtown Fiction’s tent easily.

“Hey, where’s Cameron?” I asked Michael.

He stuffed some money from a fan into the little tin box, “They got a set right now.”

“Alright. Tell him I came by?”

“’Course, Cayne,” he gave me a cheeky grin. I turned around then and walked away, no idea what I was going to do now.

“Hey! Cayne!”

I turned around at the voice, a smile tugging at my lips when I saw that it was Alex Gaskarth.

“Hey, Alex!” I waved. He quickly hopped over. “What’s up?”

“Rian’s with Cassadee, Jack and Zack went on a clean underwear run, and I have nothing to do,” he pouted.

“Well, my bands who knows where, Cam’s playing a set, and I’m free!” I gave him a cheeky smile.

“Yay, you’re my new best friend!” he hooked his arm in mine.

I giggled, “What about Jack?”

“Fuck Jack.”

I giggled and we made our way down the line of tents, peering in a couple and greeting the members every now and then.

“So, what’s your favorite band?” Alex asked me.

“Fall Out Boy,” I replied simply.

“Isn’t Pete Wentz your manager?”

“Yesh,” I nodded. “But we loved Fall Out Boy way before we even met Pete. Which makes this whole experience even better.”

“That’s cool. Pete’s an awesome guy. We’ve toured with Fall Out Boy before.”

“That’s cause you’re lucky,” I pouted. “My band got signed and shit like, right after they went on their hiatus.”

“Yeah, I guess if you look at it that way,” Alex chuckled.

“What about you? What’s your favorite band?” I poked his ribs.

“Blink 182,” he replied.

“Didn’t they get back together like, four years ago?” I asked, tilting my head to the side slightly.

“Yep,” he grinned.

I laughed, “I like their music.”

“Who doesn’t?”

“True.” I shrugged.

“So, when’s your set?” Alex questioned.

“At seven, I believe,” I replied.

“It’s four now…I wanna see it.” I couldn’t help the smile that formed on my face at his words.

“Yeah? Okay. We’ll just chill and shit till then. We’re doing Acoustic Basement Stage today…so it’ll be acoustic. I’m pretty sure it’s just gonna be me and Brynn going up there…so you can come see us again when we’re not acoustic?”

“Yeah, okay.”

*

It was time for our set.

I had decided to change into a dress, seeing at I wouldn’t be hopping around on stage like usual. I had my guitar – my baby – strapped to my body.

“Okay, I’m ready,” I said, climbing off the bus. As I had guessed, Brynn and I would be the only ones actually playing tonight. But the rest of Friday With Two Meanings was going to just go and chill on stage, so that we wouldn’t disappoint any fans that wanted to see all of us. “Alex, meet Liam.” I gestured to my guitar.

“Liam is very pretty,” Alex chuckled, following us. We trailed slightly behind the rest of the band. “How’d you come up with the name?”

“It was my brothers name…” I trailed off.

“Was?” he furrowed his eyebrows.

“Yeah. It’s not really something I want to get into right now,” I shrugged. We got to the stage, under the tent.

“Alright,” I grinned as we watched Mike Herrera finish his set.

Alex looked over at me as Mike said his thank yous. “You’re going to be great, Cayne.”

“As always,” I joked. Alex rolled his eyes playfully, before allowing us to climb onto the small stage. Emmie, Abner, and Erix sat on the edge of the stage, patting their thighs. I climbed onto the stool in front of the microphone, Brynn sitting on the one next to it.

“Hey, guys,” I grinned to the small crowd forming. “We’re Friday With Two Meanings. I’m Cayne Wright. This sexy ass piece of skin next to me is Brynn Bon. Up there is Emmie Jenkins, Abner, and Erix Henshaw.” Brynn strummed his guitar a bit, along with the first song. “This song is called Hum Hallelujah which is originally one by Fall Out Boy.”

We played a couple songs that we had planned to play before tour, if we ever were to play acoustic.

“Okay, so this is an old song, from our old EP. All of you apparently love it because it is still our top-selling song.” I strummed Liam a little. “It’s called Cautious and it goes a lot like this.”

Brynn played the intro, me following shortly after with my backup chords. I soon opened my mouth and sang.

”I’m drivin’ home on a Friday night
It’s rainin’, it’s dark
I’m thinkin’ bout what you said
I don’t want it to happen again
Your word sswirlin’ through my head
Round-a-bout, like a clock
And I don’t know what to think

You broke my heart
And it’ll never be the same
You broke my heart
And it’ll never change
Now every time I think of you
My heart will be in two
Now I’m cautious”


My eyes met Alex, who stood in the very front, center of everybody, right in front of us. His eyes bore into mine. I could read them perfectly – he was like an open book. He was curious.

”I keep apologizin’
You’re not listenin’ to a word I say
You say “There’s no other way”
I’m so sorry

You broke my heart
And it’ll never be the same
You broke my heart
And it’ll never change
Now every time I think of you
My heart will be in two
Now I’m cautious”


I stopped signing, allowing Brynn to go into the guitar solo, my slow strums in the background. My eyes couldn’t help but meet Alex’s again. He stared at me, eyebrows raised by the slightest.

I looked away, back down to my laptop, where I lowered my voice.

“You broke my heart
And it’ll never be the same
You broke my heart
And it’ll never change
Now every time I think of you
Now every time I think of you

You broke my heart
And it’ll never be the same
You broke my heart
And it’ll never change
Now every time I think of you
My heart will be in two
Now I’m cautious”


I finished strumming, Brynn stopping not to long after me. The small crowd clapped.

“Thank you. Now, this is Spain.”

After we finished our set, we climbed off stage.

“What’d you think?” I asked Alex, a small forming on my lips as we made our way from the small tent.

“You guys are good,” Alex smiled back at me. His smile faltered a little, before he continued. “You looked really…upset…while singing Cautious.”

The smile wiped off my face. “Really?”

“Yeah…” Alex wrapped an arm around my shoulders, pulling me into his body. “What’s it about?”

“I wrote it after an ex and I broke up…” I shrugged. “No big deal.”

“You sure?”

“Positive.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Commenter shoutout

Sixteen Saltines and xoxo_aj_xoxo