Status: Thanks for clicking :)

What's the Point of Being in Love?

Eleven;

A week later we were in Dallas, Texas. A party was going on around me on and around Mayday Parade’s huge tour bus.

“Thank you,” I grinned at Jack, who had left ten minutes ago to make me a drink.

“No problem. I call it the Jack Attack. You’ll see why. It’s how I got my nickname.” Jack gave me a sly grin. I gave him a wary look in response. “Go on! Drink up!” I cautiously took a sip.

It tasted cinnamon-y. That’s what I first noticed. The burn of the alcohol as it went down my throat was there, too. When I took another sip, I could just catch the peppermint.

Despite how it sounds, it was actually really good.

“Wow,” I said.

Jack gave me his cute little lopsided grin, “I know.”

I took another sip.

“So…who should be my prey tonight?” Jack asked after he had taken a sip from his plastic cup.

I giggled and scooped the room. My eyes hooked on Juliet Simms.

“Check yes, Juliet,” I said, nudging Jack and pointing to the tall blond. “Kill the limbo, I’ll keep tossing rocks at your window…”

Jack chuckled, “Been there, done that.”

I gave him a look, “Really?” He nodded. “Okay, what about me? Who would I be good with?”

Jack eyed the crowd, “Jordan Buckley. Every Time I Die.”

“He’s cute…just not my type,” I shrugged and took a sip of the drink.

“Oh, so you have a type now?” Jack chuckled.

“Yes,” I nodded.

“Which is…?”

“Not Jordan Buckley.”

Jack laughed, “Okay.”

My eyes traveled the crowd a little more.

“Hayley Williams,” I said.

“She’s too good of a friend,” Jack replied. “Sean Mackin.”

“Dude! He’s like 30!”

“That’s only 10 years…”

“Whatever…Victoria Asher?”

“She’s older than me…”

“Jack, you dated Holly Madison.”

“She was a playboy bunny!”

“Whatever.”

“Jersey?”

“From Hey Monday?”

“Yeah.”

“He isn’t even on this tour, Jack…”

“He isn’t?”

“Hey Monday’s on a hiatus…”

“They are?”

“Yes.”

“But Cassadee’s on tour with us…”

“She’s with Rian.”

“Why?”

“Because they’re dating…?”

“They are?”

I giggled, “Sierra Kusterback?”

“She’s hot,” Jack smirked.

“That she is,” I agreed.

“Okay, I have to find you someone, too,” Jack leaned forward and named off a few guys, me coming up with an excuse for all. Until finally – “Kellin Quinn from Sleeping With Sirens.”

I tilted my head to the side, a small smile playing at my lips, “He’s cute.”

“Well, go talk to him!” Jack ushered. I tilted my head back and downed the rest of the Jack Attack drink before standing up off the couch, handing Jack the cup.

“See ya, babe,” I said, walking towards Kellin.

“Hey, you’re Kellin Quinn right?” I asked him. He turned around from the drink he was currently pouring in his cup, a smile on his lips.

“Yeah. And you’re….Cayne Wright. From Friday With Two Meanings,” he replied, turning back around to finish his drink as he talked.

“Yeah, I am. You know my band?” I leaned the small counter as he finished pouring the drink and turning to me.

“Yeah. Who doesn’t? You guys are really good,” he chuckled.

I felt a smile form on my lips, “Thanks.”

“And now it’s your turn to tell me how amazingly sexy I am and how you love my music,” he joked. I giggled.

“Oh, of course, Mr. Quinn,” I poked my tongue out.

“So…I saw your set a couple days ago,” he said.

“Really?” I couldn’t help but blushed. Kellin Quinn had taken time out of his day to see my band play.

“Yeah. You get really into it when your singing. I like it.” He offered me a smile. I smiled back.

For a while we talked, even making our way to the living room and sitting on the couch.

“So…you wanna go back to my bus?” he asked hopefully. I smiled and nodded. We both stood up and he took my hand in his big warm one, leading me towards the door.

Once we were outside in the cool Dallas air we began to walk through the throng of people. That’s when we were stopped.

“Hey, where you going?”

I looked at Cameron, “To Kellin’s bus with him.”

“Why?” Cameron tilted his head to the side. I looked at him like, ‘Seriously?’

“To hang out,” I replied smoothly. Cameron looked down at Kellin and I’s entwined hands.

“’Hang out’?” he repeated. I nodded. “Riiiiight.”

I felt the annoyance build up a little in my chest, “So? What’s it to you?”

“Considering you’re my girlfriend…”

Kellin let go of my hand, his eyebrows halfway up his forehead. “Girlfriend?”

Now I was mad.

“No, Cameron, I’m not,” I said through gritted teeth. “I was never your girlfriend.”

“What we have isn’t nothing,” he replied.

I sighed and turned to Kellin. “I’m so sorry…maybe we can hang out another time.” I caught on the hopefulness in my voice.

Kellin smiled back, “Yeah, definitely. I’ll find you round here.”

“Okay,” I nodded. He walked away. I turned back to Cameron.

“What the hell, Cameron?” I seethed.

A look passed Cameron’s face that I couldn’t place, “Am I not enough for you, Cayne?”

“You know I don’t want a serious relationship, Cam,” I sighed when I realized in his tone that the look was pain.

“I’m not Peyton,” he countered. I was almost in physical pain at the mention of Peyton.

“This has nothing to do with Peyton,” I said quietly.

“You know damn well that the reason you don’t want to be in a serious relationship is because of him!” Cameron shouted, causing a few people to look in our direction.

It was true though. I did know that.

I felt the tears build up in my eyes. “I just can’t get over what Peyton did to me, Cam,” I whispered. Cameron’s expression softened. He wrapped his arms around me.

“Peyton is your past,” he kissed the side of my head. “Just give us a chance…I actually care for you, Cayne…”

“Cameron, if I was with you, I’d cheat on you,” I admitted, sniffling into his chest.

Cameron sighed, “I know.”

We stayed hugging for a little while.

“I’m going to go to bed now,” Cameron said eventually. I nodded.

“Okay…I’ll see you tomorrow?” I pulled away from him.

Cameron gave me his irresistible smile, “Of course, Cayne.” He bent down and gave me a short, sweet kiss before pulling away and leaving.

I sighed when I saw Jack leaving the bus with Sierra Kusterback’s hand in his, whispering things in her ear, causing her to giggle.

“Hey, you okay?”

I turned towards the voice, a smile forming on my lips when I saw that it was Alex.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” I replied.

“You sure?” he quirked a brow. I nodded. He reached over and linked his fingers with mine. “I don’t believe you. C'mon."
♠ ♠ ♠
Commenter shoutout

Zaffhi and xoxo_aj_xoxo.