Sequel: Love is Magic
Status: No really editing has been done yet so I am aware there are many mistakes. Please leave comments and let me know what you think!

Change of Plans

Flowers For Sale

Sweat dripped from the man’s brow as he huffed at Gwaine. The man glared down at the arrogant looking Gwaine and demanded that he pay what he owed the man. Gwaine smirked as he looked around at the crowded tavern and thought to himself, “Good a large crowd.” Then the husky man pounded his fist against the table in a motion to show Gwaine he was serious. Two men standing behind the husky man stepped forward and gave threatening looks to Gwaine.

“Oh is this all you have?” Gwaine asked sounding a bit disappointed.

“It is all I need.” The husky man replied. “This is your last chance, Sir.” The man said in a snarky tone.

Calmly Gwaine placed the tin of mead he was drinking down on the table. He ran his fingers through his hair then looked up at the man and smirked as he shrugged off the man’s threat. In the same moment the man’s fist crunched up into a ball and he raised it to Gwaine. Quickly Gwaine ducked avoiding a direct hit to the face. With a cheerful laugh Gwaine scurried around the other side of the table. He eyed the two men who were standing behind the husky man daring them to advance. When one of the men finally swung Gwaine managed to maneuver himself so that the second man took the hit.

Before anyone could do anything the entire tavern broke out into a fight. Food was flung at the walls, pots had been smashed on tables, and Gwaine was still in the middle of it all. Knocking out anyone who approached him, Gwaine enjoyed the rush of the life or death situation he created. While the rest of the tavern erupted into a pointless brawl the husky man was working his way to Gwaine, who still owed him money.

“Sir, you and I still have a debt to settle.” The husky man called to Gwaine from behind.

Gwaine spun around and felt the clash of the man’s fist to his jaw. Like a large stone Gwaine toppled back and fell on to a bench. The husky man hunched over the disoriented Gwaine and gloated. Like any good warrior Gwaine knew how to take a hit. So just as fast as he fell he also pulled his knees to his chest then pushed out his legs so he kicked the man in the gut and sent him flying backwards. When the man was pushed back by the force of Gwaine’s feet he lost his balance and fell to the ground. As the man fell he tried to grab the corner of one of the tables but his sweaty fingers slipped right off the edge. Instead of catching himself on the edge of the table the husky man smacked the side of his head on the corner of the table. Instantly the man was knocked unconscious. Gwaine stood up and walked over to the man on the ground and said, “That is Sir Gwaine to you.”

Just as Gwaine was about to leave the tavern someone grabbed his arm and yanked him back a bit. Ready for another fight Gwaine spun around and raised his fists. As soon as he saw a young girl with big brown eyes, fair skin, and light hair he dropped his fists and pulled the girl outside of the tavern.

“Was all of that really necessary?” the girl asked Gwaine as soon as they were away from the fighting.

“What do you mean?” He asked jokingly.

“You know exactly what I mean. You do this every single time. You go off and gamble, and then when it is time to pay up you start a big brawl so you can sneak out during all of the chaos.”

“Oh come on, Airella. I was just having some fun.” Gwaine said with a large smile as he rinsed his face off with a bucket of water he found.

“Doesn’t it ever get old?” Airella asked clearly annoyed with Gwaine’s games.

Picking up on Airella’s annoyance Gwaine looked at her and simply said, “No.” Then when she rolled her eyes at Gwaine he just walked away. He did not need to explain anything to her or justify his actions. Airella was just a young girl who started traveling with Gwaine after he left Camelot. No matter how hard he tried she never seemed to leave. Like a puppy dog she followed him everywhere.

Eventually Gwaine learned that Airella left home. Her mother died when Airella was born and her father became a useless alcoholic the poor girl practically raised herself. She spent her days trying to sell flowers and herbs that she found in the forest. The only problem was people did not want to buy things that they could go out and pick for themselves. Airella was never able to make enough money to take care of herself. When Gwaine met her she was trying to convince a man to buy flowers for his daughter. The man ignored her and continued his work. So Gwaine went over and bought all of the flowers Airella had. After that Airella followed Gwaine around like a shadow.

“I thought you were going to spend the day at the market?” Gwaine said over his shoulder to the silent girl behind him.

“I was…” Airella said looking down at her feet.

“But…?”

“I was worried about you.” She mumbled.

A sudden shift in emotions as Gwaine turned around to face Airella. She was still so young and innocent. There was so much she did not understand about the world and yet she was out on her own trying to survive. Gwaine could not help but feel bad for the poor girl as she tried to seem mature and wise. Gwaine extended his arm and wrapped it around the girl in a friendly and comforting notion. Airella ran to him and gave him a side hug as he laughed at her girly excitement.

“I am lucky to have a friend like you.” Gwaine said as they continued walking.