Status: Hey y'all :) This is an active story.

Losing Him Was Blue!

Chapter Fifteen - All That Is Waiting For You...

[A Week Later]
I huffed, standing in the middle of the living room of the house that Taylor and I were looking at. Taylor wanted to move to Pennsylvania, but refused to live in Philadelphia, so the only natural choice was Pittsburgh.
We were 10 minutes in-between the city and Sewickley, where Geno and Sid and TK all lived.

I knew there was a very good chance that we’d run into some of the Penguins team, but right now, I could care less. I was done with running and hiding, it was time that Sidney knew.

Taylor was parading through, making sure her baby would be happy here. Naturally I decided to move in with her, because we get along and she’s going to need help when her baby arrives.

She was staying in a hotel in Pittsburgh right now, she was afraid of what her brother would say about her being pregnant and she was even more afraid of telling him who her baby daddy was.

I was still living with Claude, but it wasn’t that great of an environment. We never really talked. He ignores Lucia now, and she’s still determined to call him ‘Daddy’. It was a horrible situation, but where else did I have to go?

“Ohmygod, this house is beautiful,” Taylor gushed, walking up to me, her flowy blonde hair lifting off her shoulders. “Did you want to get it?” I was still undecided. I could see Lucia and me here, but we were kind of in the outskirts, what if something happens? We were two young girls with babies.

But all in all, this house was immaculate. “I love this house,” I walked through the archway to the kitchen and placed my hand on the countertop. There was no island counter, but the counters stretched across the wall. Tonnes of counter space, so that was a plus. Claude had like no counter space at his house, so all his appliances were either in a cupboard or strewn about together on the counters. “How much is it?” We were just going to rent, because neither of us had stable income. Both of us were looking into school, so who knows in maybe a years’ time we could buy a house.

“The realtor said it is $600 a month, plus utilities,” Taylor frowned. “I don’t really have that kind of money, all mine went into Shattuck and paying my brother back,”

“I’ll talk to my Dad and see what he can do,” I smiled. I knew all I had to was ask, especially because this was the house that his granddaughter was going to be living in.

We explained to the realtor who was showing us the house, that I’d give her the answer either later tonight or tomorrow morning after I talk to my father. I headed back to Philadelphia in my car and Taylor drove back to her hotel.

= = =
“I still don’t get why you won’t work this out with me,” Claude grumbled, walking into the kitchen where I was sitting at the kitchen table. I had just got done a phone call with my Dad, and he said he’d pay for our house but wants us both to go job hunting and apply for college.

It was only fair and when I told Taylor she agreed, and called the realtor. We were approved and can move in at the end of the month. I was excited to be practically out on my own.

I huffed, lifting my eyes from my phone to see Claude leaning on the door frame. “Claude, look… you said it yourself that you and I don’t work, we tried and nothings worked,”

“You gave up,” Claude sat down across from me. I rolled my eyes, wanting this to be over. Why do these things always happen after one of the people is going to leave? It makes no fucking sense. “Can we please try again? I don’t want you and Lucia to leave,”

“Please try to understand,” I frowned, resting my hands on the table. “You and I don’t work, and why all of sudden do you want us to stay? You were begging me to leave last week,”

“It’s the fact that you are actually going to leave,” Claude frowned. “I know I lost my shit on you, and I apologize for it, but you weren’t acting fairly either,”

“I was honest with you, I am not over my ex, but you got some girl pregnant and never even said that you hooked up with somebody while we were together,” I didn’t exactly come clean and tell him I knew the girl he got pregnant, but for the most part, I said I heard through the grape vine that he hooked up with someone.

Once that was said, he sang like a canary, but of course didn’t know who the girl was. I wasn’t about to say it was Taylor Crosby. She may be Sidney’s little sister, but few people actually knew her.

“Because I didn’t remember until I got the call from her,” He sighed, playing with a loose thread on the sleeve of his sweatshirt. “And I told you the truth,”

“And you are not doing anything to help her, it makes me think that you are just a player,” I stood up out of the chair. “I am out at the end of the month, I am only doing what’s best for my daughter,” I had to pack my stuff up. I would probably head to Pittsburgh and stay in the hotel with Taylor. I had to get away from Claude.

“Emily,” Claude bellowed from the bottom of the stairs. “This is not over; you and I we need to work this out,” Why was he pushing this? It made no sense to me. There is something he’s not saying…

I stood at the top of the stairs. “Please Claude, we are done,” I waved my hands out in the ‘safe’ motion, telling him it was over. “I can’t be with you anymore, but I appreciate every thing you did for Lucia and I and we will never forget you,” He did a lot for us, he took in a single mother and cared for her daughter. He was good with Lucia, but things just started getting out of hand and before I knew it, I just couldn’t get Sidney out of my head and it was unfair to Claude.

“I want you back,” Claude frowned. “Please don’t do this to me,”

“I am sorry Claude, I am,” I whispered, as I turned and headed into our room. Lucia was taking her afternoon nap in her crib. I had to be quiet. She was a beast if you woke her up.

I crept to the closet and began packing our stuff up. I may just move out into a hotel tonight, just to get away from Claude, he was really acting weird.

I pushed my bang out of my face and sat down on the floor, while I folded clothes up and put them in my hockey bag. Little by little, my stuff slowly started to disappear out of the closet.
Most of Lucia’s stuff was still packed in boxes to begin with, so I could just bypass those.

I pulled out my jewelry box and lifted the lid, immediately seeing my bottle cap necklace sitting on top of the stack and of course, it didn’t take long for the tears to roll down my face.

I wanted Sidney back in my life and I didn’t want my life this way anymore. I didn’t want Claude, I wanted Sidney back.

It didn’t take Claude long to come up the stairs and he stood at the doorway and basically told me that he’d stay with Scotty, because they apparently we’re going on a lot of away games these next couple weeks.

If my friend wanted to stay here, he didn’t care. He wanted to make this up to me. I was amazed, but relieved at how nice he was being. He was trying to buy my affection back, but it wasn’t going to work. He packed a bag and left.

I told Taylor and she said she’d head out in the morning.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hellooo :) I hope you like this chapter. I know you will all hate me in the next chapter, I can feel it now. So prepare, I may have it up tomorrow! The surprise will be revealed tomorrow, I just want it all at once :D

Super bowl sunday this weekend, my mama and my broski and I are having a party and were eating nachos! Homemade nachos! :D gah, so gooood.

I love all of you who subscribe and comment on this story :) Also, the person who last commented about Claude being the disgusting pig, I have never laughed that hard when recieving a comment :D

<3 xoxox comment and subscribe!