Status: Hey y'all :) This is an active story.

Losing Him Was Blue!

Chapter Eight [Part One] - That Loves As Deep As I Do!

Three Weeks Later

I got to the cutoff for the Hamptons, seeing the sign up ahead. My eyes drifted to the time on the dashboard, reading 1130am. We left Manhattan this morning around 10, after coming in last night when my father and the pre-schooler left to get things set up, which turned into; they’ll sit and drink on the patio while the people Dad hired, do the work for them.

But hey, as long as everything gets done. He had people coming to cook, clean, tend the dinner and answer the door.

Farrah is supposed to fly in around noon, with Matt to follow at 3. Everyone should be here by 6, when dinner starts.

I was so nervous for Farrah and Matt to meet Claude, both were under the impression that Sidney and I were still together and I was afraid what they’d say.

They were my older siblings and my dearest friends, and I loved them both dearly. I knew Matt didn’t like Sidney to begin with, so he’d probably be okay with us being broken up, but Farrah on the other hand was dying to meet Sidney. I hated my life sometimes.

I turned down the road towards the house that my father rented for the weekend. We were here from the 20th, until the 24th. I was excited to see my Mom, Dad and my brother and sister.

I knew Lucia would love her Aunt Farrah and her Uncle Matt.
Claude sighed, digging at his nails. We had been silent for almost the entire ride. Claude and I didn’t really have anything in common and I was constantly wondering why we were together to begin with.

Oddly, we didn’t talk about hockey, or his family, my family or Lucia.

“Is it weird that I’m nervous to meet your brother?” Claude finally cracked through the silence. Lucia had fallen asleep almost twenty minutes into the drive and was still snoring lightly in the backseat, bundled in her little frog coat with a hat and mitts on. “Em, I have no luck with older brothers and you’ve said you’re close with him,”

“I was,” I clarified, keeping my hands tightly around the steering wheel. “We haven’t talked in a long time. I was still in Sweden, the last time I seen him, he’ll like you, don’t worry,”

“I hope so,” His eyes widened when I parked in the driveway of a large victorian style home with green shutters, a large patio and a backyard encased in a 8ft privacy fence. They had a hottub, and pool back there. I smiled at him being so nervous. “You said he’s a football player?”

“Yeah, he’s a Defensive Linebacker for the New England Patriots, I believe he’s #86,” I waved my hands around unsure. “I haven’t seen him play, since he flew us in for his very first game,” I shut the car off and grabbed my purse off the floor of the car and Lucia’s diaper bag.

Claude got her out of her carseat, waking her up and her brown eyes were tired and droopy when she looked up at me. We slowly made our way to the door, with Claude dragging his feet. He was nervous.

I opened up the door and stepped inside, smelling turkey and typical christmas goodies. The light scent of perfume was in the air. “Come on Claude,” I set the bags on the ground and took his free hand in mine, pulling him inside the house. We took our shoes off and walked further into the house.

This house wasn’t as big as the one in Sweden but was better decorated than my Dads in Manhattan. Christmas decorations were everywhere, lights hanging around the doorway, a large Christmas tree was up in the living room when we walked past, with the staircase on our rights.

I followed the sounds of noise and saw people standing in the kitchen, making our dinner, who I didn’t at all recognize. We trucked past them, giving off ‘hellos and heys’ until we got to the patio, and spotted my Dad and the pre-schooler lounging by the hottub.

I grabbed Claudes hand tightly in mine and lead him outside.

“Hey bunny,” Dad greeted, handing Carrie his beer and enveloping me in a tight bone-crushing hug. I sensed he saw Claude, because his grip on my hand seemed to get tighter. “Who is this?” He was looking Claude over, trying to find a flaw in him.

“Daddy,” I stepped back beside Claude and smiled, looking up at him. “This is my boyfriend, Claude Giroux,” I turned shyly up at my father. Believe me, my Dad was the least of his worries. Farrah and Matt would come at Claude like badgers. “Claude, this is my Dad, Alex Miller,”

Claude smiled, stood up straight, and stuck out his free hand to my father. I was shocked but tried not to let it show. That’s what my Dad liked, someone who would get up and shake his hand. “Good afternoon sir, your accomadations in Manhattan were amazing and this house is absolutely gorgeous. I am one blessed guy to be with your daughter,”

“And my granddaughter,” He laughed, looking at Lucia leaning into Claude’s chest. “Lookie, it’s Papa,” Claude pryed her off of his chest and let my Dad take her. He immediately took off like a bat out of hell with Lucia, giggling and clapping her hands while he was chattering off to her.

“Let’s go get my bag,” I rested my hand on Claudes chest and we turned and headed back inside the house. It was surprisingly not that cold outside even though it was snowing.

Snow was covering the roads like a beast, making it almost impossible to drive. We walked back through the kitchen and cut through the living room, taking the seats on the loveseat. “What do you think of my father?” I asked, taking his hand in mine.

“Seems like a very respectful man,” He smiled politely, tracing a heart onto my finger. “I didn’t know you had another sister, though,” I fought the urge to start laughing at Claude thinking my Dad’s new… oh, let’s call her his fiancee, was actually my sister.

“Watch out, pregnant bitch coming through,” Farrahs voice cascaded as the door opened and she come waddling in the door, a hand on her stomach. Wow, she was pregnant. Jeff followed behind her, carrying the bags from the taxi sitting out by the curb.

Carter was next to come flying through the house, his laughter carrying.

“Auntie Emy!” Carter made a bee-line for me and jumped in my lap, knocking me back on the couch. “I missed you!”

“I missed you to stud!” I cooed, kissing his cheek. He’s gotten so big. He had his own cute little Aussie accent. “You’ve gotten so big,”

“I am six now,” He shoved six fingers in my face. “Mommy says you had a baby,”

“I did, you have a little cousin now,” I set him back down on the ground, his blue eyes blazing like the blonde of his hair. “Her name is Lucia,”

“Where is she?” He held his hands up, letting his eyes go to Claude. “Are you Auntie Emy’s friend?”

“Yes,” Claude smiled. “I am a special friend,”

“Mommy says, her and Daddy are special friends too, what are special friends?”

“They are friends who you like more than regular friends,” Claude explained before I could explain. “Auntie Emy and I like eachother more than our other friends,” He put his hands overtop of mine. “Lucias outside with your grandpa,”

I watched Carter turn and run for the patio doors. I looked back at Claude. “That was so sweet,” I pushed his chest and leaned into kiss his lips.

“Emily!” Son of a bitch. I glared over my shoulder at Farrah standing in the doorway, one hand on her hip and the other holding her stomach. “Hello, sister you haven’t seen in years,” She held her arms out for a hug.

I slowly stepped off the couch and rushed up to her, lightly giving her a hug, partially afraid of crushing her unborn child. She pulled from me, taking my hands in hers. “So, is that Sidney?” She whispered in my ear.

I turned towards Claude, who was digging at his nails. “Uhm, Farrah this is my boyfriend Claude,” I walked halfway towards Claude when he stood up and met me in the middle. Farrah slowly walked up to us, giving him a look, she was very unsure of him.

“Claude this is my-“

“I’m her big sister Farrah,” Farrah cut me off, practically hip checking me out of the way to shake his hand. “I don’t remember Emily telling me about you when we talked last,” She briefly looked at me, giving me a glare as to tell me I need to explain why I decided to not tell her.

God, I hope she keeps her trap shut about Sidney.

“We’ve been together since, May, we met back in Sweden,” He simply smiled, shaking her hand lightly. I loved how nice he was with my family and yet half the time, he’d treat me like crap. Well at least he was nice to my family, I’d prefer it that way.

“Holy shit, it’s been almost 10 years since I was back home,” She laughed, running her hair back behind her ear. She was born like myself and Matt with blonde hair, but has been dying it since she was 13; to a darker brown colour. She was dark featured to begin with, with her brown eyes and dark skin. “I don’t miss the snow for sure,”

“I do,” I frowned. “I love the cold and the snow and everything, I hate the heat,” I looked at Claude. “If you get traded to Phoenix, you are on your own,” I couldn’t even handle the summers in Buffalo, it was to hot. I hated the humidity and the warmth, I craved the cold and the wet and the freeze your balls off -34 temperatures.

I, as a child, was determined to move to and live in Siberia, just for the -45 temperatures and snow.

Matt was a comfortable medium. He loved the cold, but also tolerated the warmth. Farrah despised any cold, wet thing and craved the heat. I was amazed at how different we all were.

“Can I talk to you for a minute?” Farrah smiled, taking my hand in hers and smiled at Claude. “We’ll be right back, make yourself at home,” She dragged me out of the room into the kitchen and slammed me back against the wall. “What the fuck! Who is that?”

The people cooking at the stove and the counters, didn’t seem that unnerved about my sisters raised voice. Carrie, Jeff, Dad, Lucia and Carter were outside, I could just see Carter running through the backyard as Lucia struggled to keep up with him.

“I told you,” I pryed her nails out of my arms. “Claude Giroux,”

“Emily, what happened to Sidney? I was supposed to meet him,” She frowned, crossing her arms over her chest. “I researched him and was amazed at what I had found,” Oh fuck. When my sister researches anything, she looked to the edge of the world for the smallest piece of information. So ten bucks, she knows what happened.

“Listen Farrah…” I sighed. “It’s a long story, we aren’t together anymore. It’s better for Lucia and I,” I didn’t want to make Sid out to be the bad guy or put him down in any way. “Claude and I are together now and Lucia seems to like him,”

She frowned, giving me a comforting hug. “This is so sad,” She said, holding my hands tightly in hers. “I was so excited to meet your smoking hot baby Daddy. Mom said he was gorgeous,”

“He is,” I smiled widely. “You should’ve seen him without a shirt on,” I gushed, capturing Farrahs attention immediately. She was such a girl, and was definitely boy crazy when she was in high school. She wasn’t a slut, but she had a long rapsheet of boyfriends coming through the house. “He had abs to die for,” I almost lost my cool when he took his shirt off the first time, I mean, I knew he was built being a hockey player, but I had no idea he was built that well.

“Then if he was so hot and as sweet as you’ve said, why did you break up?” She asked, twirling a section of her hair around her finger.

“I got pregnant,” I said, sighing. “I am not blaming Lucia. She’s innocent in all this,” I waved my hands briskly through the air. “Sid and I talked abo-“ I heard the front door open and shut as voices carried through the hallway.

“Oh Matty, your house is gorgeous,” Matt! Farrah and I basically pushed each other to the ground to get to the foyer. Once the girl on his arm came into view, I rolled my eyes and slowed my walk.

What was it with my brother and ignorant, blonde, bimbos? She had boobs the size of my head growing out of her chest, a waist the size of a match box, about 5” tall, and long blonde curly hair, She was wearing a blue strapless belly shirt and a micro mini jean skirt with boots on her feet. “Who are these girls?” She whined, snuggling closer to my brother.

“Hi, I’m Emily,” I decided to give her a chance, knowing my Mom always told me to never judge a book by it’s cover. “I am Matt’s younger sister,” I stuck my hand out to her. She looked at it for a few seconds, and then slowly shook my hand. “Who are you?” I looked to my brother, and gave him a look telling him I was so ready to give him a piece of my mind. Who the fuck was she?

“Arianny,” She smiled, with perfect white teeth encased in her mouth. “I am a cheerleader,” Ahh, that explains it. She looked like your average cheerleader. “I started for the Jets last year,”

“I am Farrah,” Farrahs voice came beside me, and she stuck a hand out towards Arianny. “I am the older sister,”

“Yes, Matty told me about you both,” She smiled, shaking both of our hands. “I am so honoured to meet you both,”

“Funny,” Farrah faked a smile. “He’s never mentioned you before,” She glared at Matt, who towered all of us. He was tall, around 6”4, weighed around 235lbs, he was a defensive linebacker. He was huge, but was much more muscular than the last time I had seen him. His blonde hair was cut neatly and the tan he had adorning his skin, brought out his blue eyes, identical to mine. “Why is that Matt?”

“Because I am not five and this is my life, not yours,” He took Arianny’s hand in his and led her through the house. Farrah growled and lightly stomped her foot.

“I did not spend almost 8 hours on a goddamn flight, to find out my baby brother is dating some disgusting beverly hobilly,” Farrah grumbled. “Who is this? How long have they been dating? She already annoys me,” I looked after Matt and Arianny, hearing her annoying laughter fill the halls.

This ladies and gentelman, is my sister, Farrah, she was very protective over both Matt and I and who we date, and who we are associating with.

And right now, she was not comfortable with Arianny.

“Who is that?” Claude poked his head through the doorway of the living room. “I could smell her in here,” He didn’t look disgusted, he seemed fascinated by her presence.

“My brothers… thing,” I rolled my eyes. “She’s a cheerleader, kind of brainless and smells like a baby prostitute,” He had a goonish smile on his face. I grabbed his arm and we began our walk down the hall towards the kitchen, hearing their voices.

“We met a few months ago. She was at training camp,” Matts voice was explaining. We slowly walked into the kitchen, seeing our Dad standing before Matt. Claudes’ jaw hit the floor when Arianny came into view. “She’s… uhm, she’s… 17,” I reached over and stomped on Claudes foot, seeing him turn and glare at me.

“MATTHEW!” Dad screamed at him. “What is wrong with you?! She’s a child,”

“You didn’t flip shit when Emily was dating that clown when she was 16, hello… he was 23,” He threw his arms in the air. “You were supportive of them. It’s because it’s Emily, that’s why you are supportive. She had a child when she was 17, hello… call MTV!”
Asshole. What the fuck happened to him? Is he on roids? Claude was looking at me the entire time Matt was going on his rant.

“You are 26 years old!” Dad grabbed his arm in his hand. “You could go to jail! Are you just not understanding this?”

“She’ll be 18 next month, calm your shit,” Matt patted Dad on the shoulder, who didn’t return the look on Matts face. “Why didn’t you threaten to call the police on Emily’s boyfriend? Or Farrahs, her husband is 10 years older than her. He was out of high school before she even graduated middle school. I bet you are so proud of your daughters,”

“Stop being such a jerk!” Farrah stepped in to the conversation, getting a not pleased look from either of them. Dad didn’t like us arguing with each other. “Yes, Jeff is ten years older than me. But I was 19 when I met him and 21 when I got pregnant. Emily was with her boyfriend for a year, stop Matt, you are just an asshole anymore,”

I stood back and felt the tears fill my eyes. Matt and Farrah started arguing back and forth and Dad stepped back and turned for the patio, as people started coming in, including Mom, Rohan, Lucia, Carter and Jeff. The pre-schooler followed behind them and once they seen Farrah and Matt arguing, they stopped their conversations and turned their attention towards them.

Dad walked over to me and sighed, resting a hand on my shoulder. “I am so sorry bun,” He frowned, looking at Rohan, with his hand holding onto my Mom’s. “Who the hell is that?” He looked towards them. Rohan was to me an exact replica of Enrique Iglesias, just a bigger build. He was straight from Barbados, and always wore polos and jeans.

“That is Mom’s boyfriend,” I spoke, my eyes on the argument. “They’ve been together for a few months now, he’s really nice,”

“She can’t have a boyfriend, that’s not fair,”

“Oh, but it’s okay for you to be engaged to your 24 year old secretary, “ I snapped at him. “Oh wait, who’s also pregnant,”

“Emily,” He glared. “That’s not the point,”

“Yes it is. You think it’s okay for you to cheat on Mom with a 22 year old at the time, but it’s not okay for her to after the divorce is finalized to go out and get a boyfriend,” I rolled my eyes. “Dad, you can’t have your cake and eat it too. Either you want Mom or you don’t,”

“Just stop Emily,” He put his hands up and walked away. Matt and Farrah were still arguing and it was getting heated.

They were arguing in Swedish, our mother tongue. Jeff decided to take Lucia and Carter into the living room and gave me an apologetic look when he passed by me.

Dad moved over by Mom, and decided to talk to her and she wasn’t looking too impressed. Carrie immediately walked over by them, obviously not enjoying them talking. Rohan was observing, his eyes drifting over to Arianny.

This was going to be a fantastic weekend together…
♠ ♠ ♠
Here you go my lovelies :) Merry Christmas! I hope you enjoy this. I modelled it after a Christmas dinner I went to a few years back.

Anyway, lemme know how you feel about the way the story is going :)

I love all of you guys so much! Hopefully a new chapter will be up shortly, just keep your eyes peeled for it.

Comment and subscribe! xoxox