I Won't Give Up

Greg

Days turned to weeks. Weeks became months. Those turned to a year, and before I knew it, I was finally done. Done with jail, done with court, and I was able to walk out with no fear of returning soon.

The day had come that I was allowed back home, only through house arrest. The only places I was allowed to go were the school and Broadway. I had a feeling that the latter would be unnecessary because Doris had yet to get in contact with me since I gave myself up. I knew she wasn't happy.

Dawson didn't know I had got out today. The judge felt that with the group of people here to defend me giving him more and more reason as to why I was really innocent, he decided I should be home with my family where my temper could be kept down. I asked the police and all to keep it from my friends and family for I wanted to walk into their gathering without the escort of police.

Once everything had been taken care of, I walked out of the building and looked around the city, everything out here never seeming to know the hell in which I had endured. I walked over to the cab which had pulled up just moments before, getting in and giving him to head to Juilliard. He looked at me a bit strangely, but didn't ask. Nor did he ask as to why I was at the jailhouse. I was thankful for that.

Arriving a while later, I saw Jackson's and Fiona's cars in the parking lot, confirming my hopes and making a small smile appear on my face. Paying the cab driver, I got out and started walking into the school, in which I could barely hear the faint beat of music coming from the dance hall. Making my way towards it, I could hear the gang giving one another tips on certain things, pushing each other. I felt my heart swell knowing that they still cared about their dancing.

Once at the room, I stayed in the shadows as best I could, watching the small group I now considered family. I saw Ameila -- who had gotten so big over the last year -- trying to do what Dawson and the rest were doing. When I saw her face clearly, it was there. That look I saw Dawson with just a few years before. She was determined.

I stayed there, watching just Ameila as she watched the others carefully, keeping close eyes on their techniques, on the stances. Although she was nearly two, she wanted to do this. She messed up a lot, yes, but I could see that she wanted so bad to do what they were doing. To dance with ease, and not let anything drag her down.

"Ameila, Daddy and I are going to make sure you get the best training. Before you walk the halls of this school, you're going to know everything we know and more," Dawson said, getting down to her level. "You're going to wipe the floor with the students, and you got to make sure that they don't drag you down. The name Phillips is going to send fear through their veins and make them wish they had your training." With that, I walked into the room, removing my shirt.

"You're all getting your asses handed to you on a diamond-encrusted silver platter. I hope you're prepared," I said, throwing my shirt aside. At that, for the first time in the last few months, I made them all bust their asses and step up their game.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's a bit short, but what can you do? :)