Long Distance Relationship and Love Close By

Shit Coffee and Cartoons

When I woke up it was early and cold. I sat up immediately, realizing I fell asleep on the couch with Mikey… But Mikey wasn’t there. I walked over to the doorframe of the bedroom, and saw Mikey crashed out on the bed.
Then there was Ray, Bob, Frank and Cassie in the other.
I watched Frank for a minute; he seemed pretty restless. Then he rolled over, and put his arm over her.
Quietly, making sure no-one could hear me, I chuckled.
‘’Whats so funny?’’ Said a voice from the kitchen.
I spun around on my heels and saw Gerard at the bench making a coffee.
‘’By the way, your coffee tastes like shit.
‘’Then don’t drink it.’’
‘’So what was so funny?’’ He asked, rubbing his eyes.
‘’Look at Frank,’’ I said, pointing.
He chuckled, and sighed. ‘’Aw.’’

I sat down on the lounge, and flicked the TV on; making sure the volume was low. The channel was still MTV, but I changed it to Cartoon Network. They always had the cutest things on here. Naruto was just coming on, and I sung the theme song softly. I knew most of the words, except for the parts that were in inaudible Japanese.

‘’You like cartoons?’’ He asked curiously, then sitting down next to me. I nodded.
‘’Then you’d like comics?’’ He said. I shrugged. I never really had properly read a comic before; I mean I’d look at the comics in the newspaper on a Sunday morning, but not a full on, epic comic.

Gerard nodded, and took another sip of coffee.

**

It was about an hour before anybody else woke up, and the first two people up were Bob and Ray.
‘’Jeez, how much alcohol did we have last night?’’ Asked Bob groggily, sitting down in the armchair.
‘’Uh, obviously our fair share,’’ Said Ray in reply, sitting next to Gerard.
I nodded, and laughed. ‘’But it was fun,’’ I said.
The three guys nodded and agreement, and went up to the bench to make some coffee.
After a few minutes of watching Naruto, Frank and Cassie came out.
Poor Frank, he’d be nursing a massive hangover. Let’s just hope, for Cassie’s sake, they both remember what happened.

‘’Fuck I need coffee.’’ Frank said, walking up to Ray and Bob, and made coffee for himself.
‘’Cassiedear,’’ I said, ‘’Did you sleep ok?’’
She shrugged, and came and sat down in front of me.
‘’My hair is all knotty,’’ She grumbled.
So i ran my fingers through her thick, jet black hair making an attempt to brush it. It didn’t really work in the end, so Cassie got up off her ass to brush it with a real hairbrush.

‘’I’m gunna go tie my hair back,’’ I said to Cassie, and I wandered off into the bedroom to find a hair tie.
Mikey was lying on the bed, all spread out, but quickly awoke when he heard me come into the room.
‘’Skyla!’’ He said, ‘’You remember what happened last night?’’
I nodded. ‘’Yeah. If you mean what happened on the lounge and what you said.’’
‘’I remember it too. Just thought I should tell you,’’ He said.
Weird. Was he drunk last night? I had no idea.
‘’Well, you best come and get some coffee to wake you up,’’ I said, tying my hair back with the hair tie I had found on the floor. I kissed him on the top of the head; I had gotten into the habit of doing this lately. I had no idea why, but we were good friends, so a kiss on the forehead or top of the head wouldn’t kill no-one.
He nodded, and got up.
‘’Mornin’ Mikey!’’ Yelled Frank, sipping coffee.
Mikey waved, and went up to the coffee plunger.
‘’Do you want any, Skyla?’’ He asked.
I nodded, ‘’If it’s okay with you.’’
So he began to make two coffees.

It was really great having a house full of friendly, talkative guys. It was fun.
Gerard, Ray, Bob and I were watching cartoons, Mikey was making coffee, and Frank was sitting with his arm around Cassie.
I was really getting attached to Mikey and Gerard, as Cassie was to Frank. The thought of leaving them behind forever and only talking to them on the odd occasion over myspace really saddened me.