Long Distance Relationship and Love Close By

I'll Be Here All Night, Only Virtually

I was awoken by the sound of voices. Coming from outside the… well wherever i was. Shit, where was I? I stood up, and looked around the room. Ah, just in the hotel. I could hear Cassie snorting in her sleep, and looked over to see her kissing her pillow. Probably dreaming about the cute guy she saw on the plane.

My laptop sat ever so invitingly on the kitchen bench. IMing a few friends back home wouldn’t hurt at 2AM…
I turned on the laptop, and signed onto MSN. Nobody was online but… ‘’MRGEEWAY;;’’… Who the fuck was that?!

Sky-luhhh; says: uh, hi... who is this?
MRGEEWAY;; says: Gerard. from da gig a few hours ago.


Ah, shit, the goth guy from my dreams, who just entered my reality. Great.

Sky-luhhh; says: ah, ok. what r u doin up this time of night?
MRGEEWAY;; says: couldn’t sleep. just thinkin bout a lot of crap. wats a pretty girl like you doin up this late? i thought you would need your beauty sleep.
Sky-luhhh; says: haha the beauty sleep thing didn’t do much for me… ugly sleep works fine with me though.
MRGEEWAY;; says: hey, don’t put yourself down like dat! never doubt yourself, girly.
Sky-luhhh; says: with the talent i have i’ll get nowhere anyway.
MRGEEWAY;; says: how long are you ova here for?
Sky-luhhh; says: 3 long months, lol.
MRGEEWAY;; says: then we have plenty of time to hang out. how does tomoro sound? i’ll come by your hotel and pick you up.. you can hang out with me and mikey for the day!
Sky-luhhh; says: ok cool. and my crazy ass friend will be stayin at the hotel, don’t worry about her ok lol.
MRGEEWAY;; says: which reminds me… who is Robbie?
Sky-luhhh; says: uhm.. just a guy from back home. well i gotta go, bye!

Sky-luhhh; has signed out.


Shit. I lied. Why did i do that?

‘’Ohhh, i’ll be here all night,’’ Cassie mumbled, smiling and rolling over in her sleep. That girl and her fantasies, i never knew who she was drooling over. Or what was going through her head, and I don’t think i ever did want to know.

I shut my laptop, and put it back on the bed. I wanted to go back to sleep, but the mattress was hard and lumpy. The couch was my only option now. So i grabbed my pillow and sheet and chucked it on the lounge, and laid down.

**

I had been fast asleep for about an hour until i heard a tapping noise at the window. It was like someone was hitting the window with a spoon, but it wasn’t a constant noise. I watched the window carefully, waiting for the next noise to sound. It was about 10 seconds until it happened. A little rock hit, then bounced off the window. Someone was throwing rocks to get mine, possibly Cassie’s attention. I knew how it worked, someone would throw a rock at a friend’s window late at night so they wouldn’t have to call, right. But I only knew two people over here, and i doubt they were insane enough to come at 3AM.