Long Distance Relationship and Love Close By

Jumping Through Windows at 3AM

Looking out the window, I saw a tall, pale guy standing outside my window. It took me a while to figure out who it was with such bad lighting, and I studied him for at least 30 seconds. But I had no idea why Mikey, a guy i just met, would want to see me at this time of night.

‘’Mikey?’’ I whispered.
He walked up closer to the window, as our room was on ground level, and smiled.
‘’Hey! Sorry if i woke you up, I just wanted to come talk to you.’’

Talk to me at 3AM? Right, Americans were all-rounder social butterflies. Lesson learned.
‘’Uh, okay. They’d have locked the hotel door, right? I’ll jump out the window I guess…’’
I slid back the glass on the window, and popped out the fly screen, and checked Cassie was still asleep. She was sound asleep, still dreaming about whomever. Her long black her was knotty and tangled, Cassie would have fun brushing it tomorrow. I returned my focus back to jumping out the window, to see Mikey extending his arm, a kind gesture from someone I just met. I grabbed his hand, and jumped out.

‘’Yours hands are tiny!’’ He exclaimed, laughing.
I brushed my long brown fringe out of my eyes, and chuckled.
‘’Well it’s hardly my fault yours are as big as my head!’’
He stopped to examine his hands and pushed his up against mind.
‘’See, your hands are half the size of mine!’’
His hands were warm and soft, like he’d had a lifetime of holding hands. I chuckled at the thought of a hippy Mikey, and returned to reality.

‘’So I hear you are staying here for 3 months?’’ Said Mikey, curiously.
Before I had time to reply, he quickly added, ‘’I was watching Gerard on MSN. I was bored.’’

He smiled, and put his hands in the pockets of his jeans. It was cold. I shivered, only just remembering I was outside at 3AM wearing ¾ pants and a singlet. Mikey took a step forward, and sighed.
‘’You silly English girl! I thought you’d be used to cold weather!’’ He exclaimed as he took of his jacket. What the…
He wrapped his jacket around my shoulders; it was almost like a blanket on me because i was so short compared to him.

‘’Thanks Mikey, but then you’ll be freezing!’’ I exclaimed. I’d known this guy for a day and he felt like my best friend… Woah.

He shook his head.
‘’Don’t be silly! I wouldn’t be much of a gentleman if i didn’t at least offer,’’ He explained.
I smiled, and hugged him.
‘’Thanks Mikey.’’

**

Mikey and I were outside for... well i don’t know how long. He was telling me about all the awesome things we could do around here, like go to more gigs, movies, theme parks and stuff like that. By the sounds of it, it would be pretty cool hanging out with these two. Cassie would just have to entertain herself!

‘’Well, I better go inside before Cassie wakes up.’’ I explained.

Mikey nodded. ‘’It is 5AM you know. So you better rest up before me and Gerard come to pick you up… so we’ll see you around 7AM in the lobby?’’

7?! Shit, these boys intended to pack a lot into one day, i guessed.
I nodded, as i took of the jacket and handed it to Mikey. He helped me back through the window, and put it back together for me, because i knew i would break it.
‘’Bye, and thanks again!’’

Cassie was now lying quietly in her bed, so I figured she had stopped dreaming. It was safe to tiptoe to the lounge for some sleep… even if i didn’t have long. I snuggled down under the sheet, and thought about home. I was really missing it. But not as much as I missed Robbie. Maybe I’d call him in the morning….