Long Distance Relationship and Love Close By

God Bless Starbucks

The phone began to ring at what seemed a few minutes after i went to sleep. I looked at the futuristic clock. Ohhhh fuck. It was 7AM. I heard Cassie mumble something, and I picked up the phone. It was Gerard.
‘’Where are you? We’re in the lobby right now!’’
‘’Uh, shit i slept in. Didn’t sleep too good. I’ll be down in 5,’’ I said, and i hung up the phone. Why did I say 5? Why didn’t I say 15? Or 30… or 60?!
I rushed into the bathroom, tying my hair back into a cute ponytail and running my hairs through my fringe so it’d be a little less messy. Then came the problem of clothes. What should I wear? I decided that it didn’t really matter, considering I wasn’t going to see the queen, so I chucked on my grey converse, black tracksuit pants and a yellow Micky Mouse shirt.

**

‘’What would you like to order today?’’ Asked the waitress, pulling out a pen and pad from her pocket.
Gerard pointed at me, and I looked up at the waiter. She had short blonde hair and blue eyes. I could see a few guys at the table next to us checking her out.
‘’Uhm... a brownie and a hot chocolate please.’’
She nodded quickly, and walked over to Gerard.
‘’And, just two strong coffees for me and Mikey please,’’ He said.
She quickly walked back into the kitchen, and I hoped she wouldn’t take too long.
‘’God bless Starbucks,’’ Chuckled Mikey as he cleaned his glasses.
There was an awkward silence until Gerard spoke.
‘’So what music do you listen to?’’ Asked Gerard curiously.
I thought for a minute, and went through my iTunes list.

‘’All American Rejects, Fall Out Boy, Daft Punk, The Getaway Plan, First To Last, and, well, Hawthorne Heights obviously,’’ I said chuckling.

He nodded, and smiled.
‘’They’re pretty good bands. Except for Daft Punk. They’re like the soundtrack to an epileptic fit!’’

Mikey and I laughed, and I began to think about what Gerard said. I had never really thought about techno like that before!

‘’So what do you want to do after this, Sky?’’ Asked Mikey.

‘’Umm.…’’ I thought of the things they had here.

‘’What about go mess around at the mall or something?’’ Suggested Gerard. I didn’t know what their idea of going to the mall was, but it seemed as though these guys were pretty fun.

‘’Sure!’’ I said.
I looked around, to see the waitress carrying two coffees, a hot chocolate and a brownie. Just the smell of the brownie made me drool, let alone its appearance. She placed the coffees in front of the boys, then handed me the brownie, and put the hot chocolate in front of me.
I took a bite of the brownie, and almost melted. The food here was awesome. I licked my lips, and then took a sip of the hot chocolate. Stuff a healthy breakfast; I could have Starbucks any meal, any day! I looked up and saw Mikey and Gerard sipping their coffees.

‘That brownie looks yummy,’’ Stated Mikey.
‘’Aww, do you want some?’’ I asked, laughing.
Mikey nodded, and I handed him some. He took a bit, and smiled. I guessed he liked it. He handed it back to me, and I took another bite. Gerard sat in silence, and extended his arm, and made a puppy dog face.
‘’I’m guessing Gee felt left out!’’ I said, as I handed him what remained of the brownie.
He took a bit and smiled, and handed back the remaining portion. It was small, but I couldn’t turn it down.

‘’This coffee is great.’’ Said Mikey.

‘’Any coffee is great.’’ Replied Gerard, taking a huge gulp.

‘’You guys are coffee junkies, correct?’’ I asked, curiously.

They both nodded eagerly, and then took another sip.
God they’d be hyper by the time we got to the mall.