Sequel: Gravity
Status: Finished! 07/03/2013

Just a Fool

Get Out Alive.

I must have had a million moments such as this; moments where my heart stops long enough for me to know it has. These moments that slow down to where you become aware of everything that surrounds you. I could hear Mel breathing as we both ran towards the stairs that lead to wherever. I could hear Marcus cussing and screaming my name, calling out to me and trying to get the door open.

But I didn’t allow it to get to me. Mel and I fled down the stairs, to the door thaw was waiting for us at the bottom. The only thing that would light up the house every now and then would be the lightening.

Mel and I made it to the front door—it was locked, so I clicked the lock just in time to hear a load shout and something slamming as Mel and I rushed through the front door. We came outside to an area, where you could already tell that was abandoned for quite some time now.

Mel screamed as we heard feet pounding on the steps and I pushed her forward, urging her to run and find a car. I threw the keys at her and told her try around back. She cried out. “What about you?” She cried out.

“Don’t worry!” I called as I slammed the door shut just as I saw his face. I threw the wad of hundreds at her. She bent to grab it. “If I’m not by the road in ten, leave! Do you hear me, Melanie? Leave! Now go!” She took off just as the door swung open, and I reached into my underwear for the gun just as he grabbed me by my hair and pulled me towards him. I watched as the gun fell from my hands, to the grass below my feet.

“Trying to escape, princess?” He spat out as he tightened his grasp on my hair, his free hand coming up to grasp my already bruised chin. This time he dug his nails into it and I let out a cry. “Oh, you’re in for so much more trouble, baby—just you wait.”

I tried to pry his hand from my hair but it wasn’t working—his grasp on my chin only got rougher as he pulled my face towards his, his lips mashing onto mine, squeezing together so that I would open my lips, where he forced his tongue down my throat.

I lifted my bare foot off the grass and kneed him in the groan. He let go with a cry and bent over. His eyes watered over and I went to grab the gun, where I grabbed it and aimed at his knee—he didn’t deserve the honor of a quick death, so I pulled the trigger and watched as it went into his knee, where he screamed out in pain and fell over, face first.

I heard a shout from behind me and saw Mel standing there, a shovel in her hand. I groaned. “What the fuck are you doing, Melanie!” I shouted in outrage. “I told to get a fucking car!”

“I couldn’t leave you here, Evelyn!” She cried out, her eyes darting from mine to behind me where she screamed. “Evie, watch out!” I turned in time to see that He was coming after me and dodged. If I had my mind set on horror movies, I should have known that it wouldn’t keep him down. Of course, though, I am an idiot and didn’t think.

I met the cold, wet floor just as the sound of thunder was heard. I tried to move, but he had me by my foot now and was pulling me. I looked up to see that Mel was gone and I looked around frantically.

He flipped me over so that I was on my back, the rain hitting my face. I tried to yank my foot away but now he was pulling me towards him. I looked around for the gun that I had dropped but I couldn’t see it, it wasn’t anywhere around me. “You fucking shot me!” He roared, his green eyes staring down at me.

“Get off her, you sick fucker!” I looked up to see Mel, who had the shovel in her hand. She swung with force and hit his side. Marcus fell off me crying out in pain. I got up as quick as I could, with Mel helping me.

I watched at Marcus sat up, his eyes meeting ours with a smirk. “Maybe I should have had sweet Melanie join us in bed, Evelyn; she seems quite feisty.”

“Shut up!” Mel screamed as she went to swing the shovel again, but he caught it and pulled her towards him. He caught her and grabbed her by the hair, where he pulled her towards his chest. Mel grabbed at his hands, but it wasn’t working.

“Mel!” I shouted, as I looked for the gun. I found it. His eyes landed on it the same time mine had and I dove for it. I saw Mel being thrown to floor as he went for it, so when I grabbed it and pointed I knew it was okay. “Fuck you, you sick fucking bastard!” I shouted, the gun inches from his chest.

I pulled back on the trigger and watched, as if in slow motion, as the bullet left the barrel.