Sequel: Gravity
Status: Finished! 07/03/2013

Just a Fool

The Last Time.

I was dreaming a beautiful dream when someone decided it was time to nudge me. Slowly I began to ease my eyes open. When I opened them, I saw a body sitting next to me on my bed. He was shirtless and there were tattoo’s all over his chest. I already knew who it was, but I refused to smile back at him.

His hazel eyes looked down at me with guilt and he frowned. “I’m sorry, Evie.” He whispered as he reached out to place his hand on my calf—my leg was out from under the blanket. I ignored the feelings the contact of his skin against mine created and I rolled over and sat up, bringing my leg away from his warm hand. “I really am sorry.” He said, his eyes betraying him and showing that he truly was sorry. I sighed and figured I should just answer his apology.

I patted the spot next to me and he came to sit next to me. I grabbed onto his hand and started to draw circles on the inside of his large hand. “It’s okay, Mattie, I’m sorry too.” I said as I looked up into those beautiful of his. He grinned down at me and smirked.

I knew what was coming and I tried to escape; only it was too late because he was already attacking my sides, his fingers ruthless and taunting. My shirt had risen up and he wasn’t stopping anytime soon. For a second I forgot about Brandi and everything else in the world and just go lost. I was kicking and screaming for him to stop, but he was on top of me and it wasn’t going to get me anywhere.

Finally, Matt’s fingers died down and he rolled off of me. I tried to catch my breath as I turned so that my head was resting on his chest. His hands ran through my hair and I closed my eyes—I could get used to this.

“Evie,” He said and I could hear both his heart and the breaths he was taking. “I was really worried about you, and I know I over reacted but I don’t want you to end up getting hurt again.” I smiled and pulled my ear was from his chest and put my hand down, as I let my chin rest on it so I wouldn’t hurt him.

“I know Mattie,” I whispered. “And, I supposed even after you tortured me, I forgive you.” I sat up and he pouted. I laughed and slapped his chest playfully. “Now get up and hug me, you ape!” I said as I got off the bed, my arms opening up for him to walk into. Immediately my body was wrapped up in his arms and I could feel his breath against my neck. I grinned and pulled away and placed a kiss on his cheek. He returned the smile. “Is Brandi still here?”

"No, she left around eight. She said there was something she needed to do at the office." I rolled my eyes and stepped back to walk towards my closet to grab some clothes. "We're all so hungry, Evie! We've been waiting for you to wake up. Also, David called saying that you need to be at the shoot around one; it’s ten now. He said something about Victoria's secret again." He smirked, and I rolled my eyes—I just finished a shoot, why the fuck do we need another one? I laughed and punched his arm playfully.

“Alright, buddie—let me get dressed and I’ll come down shortly, okay?” He nodded and opened my bedroom door. “Tell the others I will be down in five!” I said, just as I could hear Amber whining.

I sighed, turned my attention back to my closer and tried to decide on what to wear. I know I need something simple, so I decided on a dress. I don’t know what the weather was like outside, but it had to be warm considering the sun was high in the sky almost and I could hear birds chirping. I was about to grab the dress when a pair of arms wrapped around me from behind.

“I really am sorry, Evie.” Matt said again. I jumped and turned around, startled.

“What have I told you about sneaking up behind me, Matt?” I whispered quietly, my brown eyes searching his. He frowned down at me and said sorry again. “You know how I feel about that.”

He pouted, “I know, I forgot sorry!” I mumbled quickly. I shook my head and sighed again and just as I went to pull away, he tightened his grasp on me and pulled me close to him so that he could place his lips against my temple. “It’s been years since the last time you saw him, Evelyn—plus the cops say he’s locked up.” I shook my head.

“Since when do we believe the cops, Matt?” I muttered.

“Hey,” Matt said as he reached for my chin—he forced me to look at him and his other hand brushed hair out of my face. “I won’t let him hurt you this time, okay? If he’s not where he’s supposed to be, I’ll protect you—always.”

“I know, Mattie.” I muttered. “Now leave, sir ape you!” I said. “I need to get dressed so that I can feed you hungry bastards!” Matt laughed and pulled away from me.

When he was at the door, he turned and winked. “Love you, Evie!” He said before blowing a kiss.

I rolled my eyes and smiled. “Love you too, Mattie.”

__

When I got down stairs, I noticed Amber was trying, and I mean trying, to get the remote out of Johnny’s hand. She was being unsuccessfully, however, and I could see the look that she took when she was planning her revenge. "Johnny!" She said, "This isn't fair, give me the fucking controller!" Johnny laughed. I knew he was getting a kick out of it, since we were all small compared to him. I reached them and saw that Johnny had the remote over his head, and Amber was jumping for it. "Mother fucker, give it back!" She pouted and crossed her arms. "Brian!" She whined.

A pillow was thrown towards his left and hit the remote out of his hands. "Give her the remote, short shit!" He said. Johnny pouted but let her grab it anyways.

"You know she's just going to--" But he stopped, as Amber threw the remote back and it hit his head.

"Evie!" Amber called as she made her way to me. She grabbed onto me and hugged me to death. I grunted as I tried to catch her and looked over at Brian.

“What did you give her?” I asked out loud. Behind me Matt laughed as Amber yelled at me to hug her. I wrapped my arms around her and glared at Brian.

"Brian left his coffee out," And then he set hungry eyes on me, for food and not me, "And you weren't up too cook us breakfast, so she had ice cream." I glared towards Brian, who sighed.

"C'mere, Kitty." He said, and Amber let go of me and ran towards him and landed in his lap. I laughed at her and looked around for Brian’s girlfriend, Michelle, and saw her nowhere. Although I accuse Brandi of cheating on Mattie a lot, everyone knows that Brian and Amber are having an affair—and they don’t hide it from use, either. We know how much of a bitch Michelle is and we try our best to stay out of their business—something I should do with Matt and Brandi. I rolled my eyes at them and decided to make my way to the kitchen. When I reached the area, I saw Zacky who was sitting so patiently at the table waiting to be fed. He had a lovely patient face on and when he saw me, he looked up at me with his green eyes and smiled. “May I have the first plate, please?”

Matt entered from behind me and snickered. “You know who always gets the first plate, V.” He said as he grabbed the eggs out of the fridge to help me.

Zacky frowned at me. “Yeah, yeah, we already know she likes to play favorites.” I gasped and turned around.

“And to think I was actually considering giving you the first plate!” I said with mock hurt. Zacky gasped and came over to hug me.

“I’m sorry!” He said as his arms came around me. “I love you, Evie! I really do!” I shook my head and laughed.

“Okay, Zack, you can have the first plate.” Matt gasped.

“Why, I thought we settled our dispute, Evie!” Matt said from the counter, his hand over his heart and his lips pouting. I rolled my eyes at him and go to the eggs.

“It’s okay,” I said with a smirk, “You’re a big boy; you can handle it.” I looked over to see him pouting.

“I thought I was your favorite.” The look that he had on his face was so cute and adorable; I really considered telling Zacky I lied—but Mattie wasn’t going to get off this easily. I know he’s my best friend, but he needed to understand that I’m not going to let him get away with things to easily. I know that I should respect my best friends choices—even fi they were bad ones, because I’m supposed to support him.

So I smirked and moved him over. “On your good days, Mattie,” I said. “Now get to flipping!” I pointed to the pancake mix and told him to get to work.

__

Brunch was finished, so Matt and I were watching Amber and Sarah set the large table outside on the patio. Matt sighed and wrapped his arm around my shoulders so I wrapped my around his torso. I looked up and grinned at him, the sunlight bouncing off his hazel orbs so beautifully.

He grinned down at me. “You know,” He began and I quirked an eyebrow, “It’s corny, I know but still.” He winked. “It’s kind of liked you’re the mother of the group.”

I rolled my eyes and laughed at him, but looked up at him thoughtfully. “How so?” I asked and turned back to watch Sarah and Amber; the table was almost set and ready to go.
Matt pulled and away and I hid my disappointment by smiling thoughtfully. He held up his right hand and counted off, starting with his pink. “You feed us,” He began, his pinky going up. “You keep us in check, tell us when it’s the right time to shut up,” I rolled my eyes at this one—if this were true, I’d get half of them to shut up most of the time, but that never works. I crossed my arms over my chest and waited for him to continue. “You help us when where knee deep in shit,” I made a face and he grinned. “Of course, not in a literal sense.”

“Good, because if so you would be all on your own, buddie.” I grinned and slapped his chest.

“Ha-ha, Evie,” He smirked. “I’m pretty sure you would help me out.” I shrugged and didn’t think before I opened my mouth.

“Yeah,” I said as I looked up at him, “But you wouldn’t listen to me, would you?” I inquired.

His eyes narrowed. “I didn’t start this conversation to have another fight, Evelyn.”

I rolled my eyes. “Mattie, I know,” I began, “But if I do so much, if I help so much, why do you ignore me when I try to tell you the truth?”

Matt groaned and ran his hands down his face. “Evelyn,” He warned, “I thought this was over.”

I sighed, “I know, Matt, it’s just…” I looked down at my feet. “She…I, I don’t want you to get hurt…and, you’re going to.”

Matt made an annoyed sound and I looked up at him. I could tell he was a little pissed off. “You told me you’d stop, Evelyn.”

“I’m just trying to get you to understand that Brandi’s trying to fuck you over!” I said.

Matt’s nostrils flared. “Sometimes,” He said, his eyes going cold, “I feel like you want to fuck me over.” He turned around and almost ran into Brian, who was carrying the plate of pancakes.

“Hey, man, where you going? It’s time to eat!” He shouted after his retreating body.

Brian looked at me and I looked towards Matt, as I saw him grab his keys off the table where I left them and walked out of the house, the only sound being the door slamming and my heart crashing to the floor.

What have I done?
♠ ♠ ♠