Sequel: Gravity
Status: Finished! 07/03/2013

Just a Fool

My Heart Can't Tell You No.

I looked over at the passenger seat to see Amber getting into the car. She had sunglasses on, her long blonde hair was piled on top of her head and she was wearing a simple outfit—a pair of capris and a nice shirt. It was getting cooler now and it was nearly mid-October. Honestly, in my opinion, she looked terrible.

“That bad?” I asked her. Amber sighed and played with the hem of her boyfriend jeans as she shrugged her shoulders. I frowned at my best friend and kept the car in park as I waited for her to open up. I knew that she had ended the affair with Brian, but I knew how much she loved him and that day I spent at the pool with him, I knew he had cared for her just as much, too. “Amber, I can call Sarah and tell her we’re not going.” She shook her head and I heard her breath intake. I knew too well that she was going to be a sobbing mess in just a few seconds, and there wasn’t anything I could do to help her in the car. So I told her to get her ass out and when I met her on her side of the car, I took her into my arms.

“I love him, Evie,” She sobbed out as she gripped my frame. I nodded and whispered ‘I know’ and she held on tighter. It took everything in me not to join her—my heart was breaking for her. “Why couldn’t he do it?” She asked once she pulled away. I sighed and moved the hairs that fell from her bun.

“I don’t know, honey, I can’t answer that for him.” I brought her in for a quick hug and let go of her. “What do you say to a great movie, some retail therapy, and costume shopping?” She smiled sadly and I knew I got her the second I said retail therapy.

“Let’s go get Sarah!” She said with a chuckle. She wiped at her face and I winked at her before we both climbed into my car, or well Mattie’s car. Mine was in the shop apparently.

__

We were about to enter Bath & Body Works just as my cellphone went off. I told the girls I’d be right in and looked to see who was calling—it was my sister. Grinning, I brought my phone to my ear and answered it. “Hey, sis!” I said enthusiastically.

“Hey!” She said from the other line. “Where are you guys? I just finished with my shift. I saw you guys earlier and was wondering if I could hang out with you.” I grinned wider and turned towards the open area in front of me to search for her. I knew she worked on Hot Topic but didn’t know she was working today.

“We’re by Bath & Body works, Mel.” I said just as a spot a girl with braids in her hair, her make-up lightly done and in an Avenged Sevenfold tank top, a leather jacket with a pair of ripped jeans and a pair of boots on her feet. I couldn’t but get excited as I raised my hands and shouted her name. Mel looked up and had the same grin as she started to walk faster. I met her half way and when we reached other, we wrapped our arms around the other and laughed. “Mel!” I said when I pulled away. Her hair was longer and more on the blonde side than brown. Her eyes almost the same shade of brown but I think they might have been darker. She was a little smaller than myself, but taller at the same time. Her lips were wonderful shade of pink. “If Matt and the gang were here…” I said with a chuckle. She rolled her eyes at me and we pulled away from each other, just enough so that I could wrap my arm through hers.

“What are they up to, anyways?” I shrugged—I really had no idea what they were up to.

Mel stayed with us during our retail therapy and we all loved it. I can honestly say that I had missed my sister very much, and I’m sure I can say the same for Amber. Sarah didn’t know Mel that well, but she loved that Mel stayed for a little bit.

It was time to leave, but I had just come up with the best idea I knew she would love. Mom would never allow it, but she’s going to be 21 on Halloween, and we are having a party. Plus, we needed another one to help out with the costumes the three of us had in mind—we wouldn’t have to ask Brandi to be part of it.

“So,” I said as we made our way out of the mall. The girls stopped and I looked at Sarah and Amber and winked. I think Amber knew what I was going to ask, but she kept quiet. “If I recall correctly,” I put my free arm around Mel’s shoulders. “Someone’s 21st birthday is coming up, and we all know Mom hatestaking us out…”

“Is there a point to this scheme, Ev?” Mel asked me, getting straight to the point. Man she takes the fun out of this.

“The girls and I are planning to go as the girls from Sucker Punch, and we’re down two girls—Blondie and Rocket…” I trailed off as her eyes turned big and pleading.

“Blondie, please?” She begged. I looked over at Amber and Sarah, who shrugged nonchalantly at the idea. I grinned at her and nodded.

“Alright, you can be Blondie.” I said and let go of her. She laughed and thanked me, but told me she had to get home before Mom has a coronary. I shook my head at my sister as she told me her size and hugged me. “See you soon, Mel, try not to get yourself into any trouble anytime soon. And tell mom and Ashley that I love them, okay?” She nodded and waved as she walked towards her car.
♠ ♠ ♠


I know that it's short--but this was a filler mostly!