Sequel: Gravity
Status: Finished! 07/03/2013

Just a Fool

You're Going Down.

Two and a half weeks later


Okay, so I’m still alive. I decided to try and be nice and asked of Brandi would like to be Rocket, considering it would just be too weird to have only four of that characters from Sucker Punch. I’ve been trying to be really nice to her, for the benefit of Matt who has been there for me the past couple of weeks when the nightmares have gotten worse. I also decided that if I didn’t want to lose my security blanket, I didn’t want to piss him off by being a bitch to his girlfriend.

She tried to get my costume, but the one I had was the last one and she was a little bigger than I was—just more rounder in the hips and a little more chest-ee than I was. She should take that as a compliment, if I were to tell her that. She was annoyed that I didn’t let her choose, but she didn’t even have a costume yet. She almost even took my sisters costume, but even I couldn’t fit into it.

“Stop scowling,” Mel said as she pulled the stick of lip gloss away from my face. “You keep fucking me up.”

I groaned, “I feel like I’m going to regret the decision on letting her have that costume.” Mel frowned.

“I don’t even understand why you let the bitch come here to get ready.” I narrowed my eyes at my sister and she stuck her tongue out at me, letting me know to calm down. “If you just told Matt how you felt, Evie, you wouldn’t even have to deal with this predicament.”

I snickered, “Mel,” I said, “He’d have to like me back in order for this predicament to go away.” Mel has known for quite a few years now—well, hell, everyone knows, all except one who seems to be so oblivious to this whole mess—the only one who’s opinion really matters. And frankly, it’s getting quite annoying.

Mel winked, “Of course he doesn’t like you,” She began, a twinkle in her eyes. My heart fell to the floor and I was about to say fuck you, but she saved herself when she grasped my chin and forced me to look up at her. “Evie, he loves you.” She gasped. “Evelyn, what are you doing? Stop crying! You’re ruining my masterpiece!”

__

This was the worst mistake, a terrible mistake that was going to come with repercussions. All five of us walked through the doors of Brian’s house. Sarah looked over at Amber, who was clearly nervous as her eyes scanned the room for a man with spiky hair. “Ready, Baby Doll?” Sarah said, her hazel eyes scanning Ambers face. She bit her lip for a second, but smirked and winked at her.

“As always, Amber,” She said back in reply to Sarah. It felt so weird having her call Sarah by her name, but when she looked at the rest of us she was smirking. “Ready to go have some fun?”

I rolled my eyes but laughed at the same time, my hand finding Mel’s before she could take off. I looked towards her to see that her eyes were on someone in the living room, sitting next to one of the Berry’s. Her brown eyes told me she was on a mission and I was keeping it from her. “Take it easy, Mel,” I had said. She smiled and rolled her eyes.

“Don’t you mean Blondie, Sweet Pea?” She winked at me. I heard a snicker from behind me to see Rocket Brandi standing there. Her brown eyes were showing her how annoyed she was and that she, too, was on a mission. What was the point of having a group costume when one of us didn’t even care about being in the group?

“Excuse me, weirdo’s, but I need to find my man.” She pushed between Mel and I, making my grasp on my sisters hand fall. Mel looked ready to fuck her up, but I only rolled my eyes.

“Just think,” Amber said, “You look sexy as fuck in that leather, Evie.” Just as she let those words fly from her mouth, Sick Puppies began to play—it was one of my favorites. Grinning, I turned to Amber and put my hood on over my head. She was smirking, as were the other two girls. “Girl, I like how you think.”

We all found our way to where some of the bodies were dancing and started to move around to the music. Mel was grinning ear-from-ear, Amber was making her ‘sexy face’ and Sarah was just dancing. I, on the other hand, noticed that there was a pair of eyes on me from the left side of the house. He had short, blonde curly hair and a cute nose. I think that the only thing that should have made me turn away was the fact that he had a stubble growing, but god it just made him that much sexier. He smirked as he realized I was staring back. My cheeks flamed red and I tore my gaze from the man, back to the group who was slowing down now as the song was getting to an end.

“How about some drinks?” I asked, trying to ignore the fact that I felt the heat of his gaze on me still. I was thankful for the fact that the room was a bit darker and that the other girls were flushed them, otherwise they would be asking me a million questions.

“Finally,” Mel said enthusiastically as she followed me to where the drinks were set up.

“Amber?” Someone said. I looked to my right to see that Amber had gone still. Her eyes pleaded with me to help her, knowing it was Brian the instant she heard his voice. I was about to turn around, when Sarah came to the rescue.

“Yes?” She said, winking at Amber before she turned around to face him. I took Amber and we went straight to the table for some booze. She asked the woman behind the makeshift bar for jack and coke.

“Don’t worry, Amber,” I said. “Forget and just have some fun.” She sighed and nodded and went to look around the room. She was about to say something else, but there was a smirk on her face. She looked towards me and winked. “It seems that you’re in for some fun, Sweet Pea.” My cheeks flushed as I received my bottle of Raspberry Smirnoff. I heard Mel order exactly what Amber had, and she turned to face the same way we were facing.

“Oh,” Mel said, “Hot blond at 8 o’clock.” She said, bringing the cup to her lips. “It seems he’s got his eyes on you, sister.” I turned towards Mel and rolled my eyes, bringing my bottle to my lips.

“Sure, Mel, go find Zacky and instead of eye raping him—actually have some fun.” She wiggled her brows at me and winked before she took off. I turned towards Amber and she was smirking.

“He is pretty hot, Evie,” She said as she brought the cup to her lips to drink. I groaned and shook my head. “And, you’re looking hot, too. So go do yourself a favor and introduce yourself so that you two hotties can have a great, hot and very sweaty night.” Her perfectly waxed eyebrows wiggled, and I was about to reply when there was a voice behind me.

“Geez, you didn’t even come to say Hi—just straight to the bar.” My body froze at the sound of his voice and I begged for him just to turn around and ignore the fact that I was standing here. Amber laughed and she brought her cup up and waved her fingers, saying ‘Hey, Matt.’ I refused to turn around to be yelled at, and it would have been easier if Amber kept her mouth shut.

“Evie’s looking pretty hot, isn’t she Matt?” I glared at Amber, turned and put a smile on my face. When I did turn to face him, I did a double take. He was without a shirt, leaving his godly chest bare and exposed. On his legs all he supported was a towel, which hung dangerously low on his hips. My attire forgotten, I gasped.

“A towel, Mathew? What kind of costume is that?” His eyes went over my body, taking in my own costume. There was some unexplainable emotion that passed before his face, but I ignored it and tried to understand the concept of his wardrobe—or, lack of one really.

“I could ask the same thing.” He said his voice rough. He shook his head and his eyes found mine and let out a cough. “I mean, what are you?” I grinned and pulled my sword from the holder and stepped back, doing some crazy ninja move with the fake sword.

“Sweet Pea, at your service,” I said after my move with a bow. I looked up to see that Matt was staring at me. “Mattie, don’t you know? Didn’t Brandi tell you?”

He looked at me like I was some kind of species he didn’t know existed. “Tell me what?”

I sighed—of course not. “Hasn’t she found you yet?” I asked as I straightened up.

“No,” He said. For some reason he looked very weird and awkward.

Matt

I honestly wanted to ask where the fuck she got the cleavage from, but I didn’t think it would be the right thing to say to your best friend. I also thought that saying something about agreeing to Amber’s statement would have been a terrible place to go, too.

Because she is hot.

She’s wearing leather, and not so much of it either. Her legs were bare, and the top she had acted as if it were underwear. I'm pretty sure that the way she was clothes would be considered naked. And throughout the entire time, I couldn't help but as myself one question: When did she get so…sexy?

I coughed and tried to look nonchalant, as if seeing Evie this way doesn’t bother me. But I was distracted, and the only way to get out of this was to find Brandi.
♠ ♠ ♠