‹ Prequel: Take Me to Neverland.
Sequel: Strangeness and Charm

Land Ahead.

Only a broken heart, turned cynical

I woke up the next morning around 2 because of yet another nightmare; this time it wasn’t about me or Killian. Morgan was in it. Cora kidnaps and kills Morgan to be exact; it’s one of my few fears I have. I’d be lost without my son.

After many failed attempts to fall back to sleep, I roll out of my bed and decide to head downstairs to a cup of hot chocolate. As soon as I’m out of my bedroom, I hear the sounds of swords clanking together. My eyes widen as I rush downstairs and just as I hit the bottom step; I shake my head at the sight. “Hook, please tell me this isn’t what it looks like?” I ask, motioning to the two boys. My son holding my father’s sword and Killian holding his own.

“This isn’t what it looks like, Mom.” Morgan says, putting on the most innocent face he could.

I roll my eyes before turning my attention more towards his father. “You’re not teaching our son how to duel!”

“I believe everyone young lad should know how to duel.” He defends himself. “You may never need to know when you’ve got to defend your woman.”

“He’s ten years old.” I point out one tiny flaw. “And in this world, they don’t duel. I think the only times we ever used swords in this town is recently! And that’s for a whole other reason.”

“We’re trying to bond though.” Morgan pouts.

“You guys can bond over something else; dueling won’t one of those ways.” I tell him. “Unless it was with fake swords or something like that.” I say as I walk over and take my sword back before walking over to Killian. I stand in front of him, my one hand out; gesturing that he put his sword in my hand.

“You know you’re going to have to pry this sword from my dead hand.” He smirks.

“You know that could be arrange.” I smirk back.

“Like you can take me on.” His smirk never leaving his lips.

“Just give me the sword, Hook.” I groan, showing that I’m in no mood to play games.

“Not in the gaming mood, I see.” He chuckles before handing over the sword.

“Thank you.” I smile before turning towards our son. “You. Bed.” I say pointing towards the stairs before I go put the swords away.

“But mom.” He whines. “Can’t I just stay up and talk to dad?”

“You’ve got school tomorrow, so no.” I reply. “Bed. NOW!” I demand, harsher this time.

“Fine.” He huffs before stopping up the stairs.

“He’s got your temper.” Killian laughs as he comes over to help me put the swords away in the case I have in the closet.

“He’s also stubborn like you.” I point out. “I guess he inherited both of our horrible traits.”

“Doesn’t make him a bad child though.” He points out.

“No but it does make him an extremely volatile and stubborn kid.” I laugh. “At least he knows the difference between right and wrong; something neither one of us really ever got.” Killian nods his head in agreement as we sit on the couch. “I rather him inherit our bad traits then anything else.”

“You mean your nightmares?” He asks. I cock my head in shock, causing him to chuckle. “You really thought I’d forget about them?”

“It’s been awhile.” I point out. “But, yea that’s what I meant. They’ve only seemed to worsen as the years went on.”

“Still about the ship sinking?” He asks.

“Of course, they just add stuff onto the same damned dream.” I sigh.

“Care to talk about it?” He asks.

I sigh and shake my head ‘no’. I don’t think I can tell him that he’s the star of my nightmares. “This time, I rather not. There are more important things we can talk about besides my nightmares.”

“Like what?”

“Like what’s Cora’s game plan.” I reply. “What are her plans and where has she gone off? A lot of us are extremely worried and maybe even frightened.”

“And you should be.” He mutters before looking up at me. “She says she wants to help Regina pick up the pieces.” He explains. “I have no idea what it means, but I just know it’s not going to end well.”

“Is that another reason why you were training, Morgan?” I ask, earning a nod from him. “Should I warn Emma?”

“Yes. I have no idea where Cora is; but she’s planning something. Something big…”
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title credit: Only The Broken Hearts (Make You Beautiful) by Sonata Arctica

comment&subscribe?

I might be working on the first "deleted" scene from this. Well it's mainly an extension of this chapter. I feel if I added this part, this chapter would drag out and become pointless.

anyway, comment&subscribe?