‹ Prequel: Take Me to Neverland.
Sequel: Strangeness and Charm

Land Ahead.

Darling heart, I loved you from the start

I wake up the next morning with the sun shining in my face. A groan escapes my lips as I turn my head; burying my face into the shoulder of the body I’m laying next to. As something pricks my face, my eyes shoot up. I gently pull away and see a sleeping Killian next to me. My breath gets sucked back into my lungs as I slowly get up off the couch and head upstairs. I can’t believe I ended up falling asleep around him; I can’t believe I was too tired to even go back up to my own room.

As I hit the top step, Morgan comes out of his room completely dressed and ready for the day. He stands there giving me a weird look. “Were you downstairs all night?”

“No.” I quickly said. “Why do you think I was downstairs all night?”

“You’re not dressed.” He points out in a ‘duh’ tone. “You and Dad fell asleep together didn’t you?”

“Yea, but it’s nothing. We just fell asleep; nothing more.” I explain to him before walking into my room to get ready for the day.

**

“You and Hook fell asleep together?” Snow asks later that day while we were on recess duty. “He didn’t hurt you or anything, did he?” I knew what she was getting at.

“He may be a pirate, but he’s not a rapist.’ I whisper to her before letting out a chuckle. “He’s not the pirates that raped my mom; forcing her to end up with me. He really is a gentleman.”

“Expect when he’s stealing wives and having sex with them.” Snow mutters quietly.

“You know he’s really not the perfect topic for recess duty is it?” I chuckle.

“I’ve read through the story book I gave to Henry, hundreds of times and not once were you mentioned.” Snow notes. “Why is that?”

“I guess I’m just the story no one likes to tell.” I shrug. “No one wants to hear a story about a good girl meeting her doom by falling in love with the villain; it wouldn’t end with a happy ending.”

“You and Hook might have been happy together; do you ever think about what would happen if he picked you over Rumpelstiltskin?”

“It still would have ended in tragedy.” I confidently say. “Killian Jones isn’t Prince Charming, he’s not the guy that you can live happily ever after with. There is always going to be something that’s keeping you from your happy ending. Pirates are a whole other breed of guys; they’re ruthless, shady and most of all infuriating.”

“Yet you fell in love with one.” She points.

“And I got hurt.” I add. “I know better than anyone else in this town that pirates are no good; which is why I’m keeping an eye on Hook. He’s hiding something and I’m going to find out what it is…”
♠ ♠ ♠
Maggie

chapter title credit: Hardest of Hearts by Florence + The Machine

comment&subscribe? If my best friend doesn't call me anytime soon, I'm going to work on the first chapter of Strangeness and Charm; it'll be the extension of last chapter.

also check out my Colin O'Donoghue fanfic, Perfect Stranger. Hey if you're reading this, you might as well read a fanfic about the actor that plays Hook ha.