‹ Prequel: Take Me to Neverland.
Sequel: Strangeness and Charm

Land Ahead.

Just know you’re not alone

After a day out on the boat, we head home and Morgan goes upstairs to get ready for dinner while Hook and I start dinner. I’m cooking while Hook is “supervising”. “You know Christmas is in a week.” I inform him.

“Another real world holiday?” He asks as he hops up onto one of the counter tops I’m not using. “The gift giving holiday, isn’t it?”

“Yep.” I reply; popping the ‘p’ as I say it. “Morgan told me he was really excited about it this year. It’s basically the first Christmas without the curse and the first Christmas with his dad.”

“So I’ve got to be this merry lad for the day?” He asks.

“I’ve got egg nog that’ll put you in the merry kind of mood.” I laugh as I turn to him. “It’s got a ton of rum in it.”

“Now that’s my kind of drink.” He chuckles.

“I figured you’d like it.” I laugh. “Morgan’s really happy you’re in his life, you know?” I state as I turn completely around so I can look at him. “Can you please not hurt him? Leaving me is one thing, Hook, but leaving Morgan is another thing. He’s a kid and he’s grown extremely attached to you. It’ll crush him if you leave.”

“And what makes you think I’ll leave, Maggie?” He asks, jumping off the counter and walking over to me as tears form in my eyes.

“You left me once before.” I remind him as a lump grows in my throat. “I’m afraid you’ll do it again.”

“I messed up.” He tells me. “I’ll admit that. I have years to make up for not being there for him; for leaving you to fend for yourself. I’m not going anywhere; you are stuck with me Hart.” He chuckles, earning a smile from me.

“Just promise me, if you do leave that you’ll tell me ahead of time.” I say to him. “I’ll have to prepare something to tell Morgan.”

“I am not leaving you again.” He reminds me. “Are you ever going to believe me?”

“Last time I believed in a pirate, I got my heart broken.” I remind him. “I’m sorry that I’m wary on trusting you again; I can’t go through another heartache.”

“You won't have to.” He assures me. “I’m here to stay. You will have to get an army to get rid of me.” He chuckle, causing me to smile once more. I walk closer to him and stand on my tip toes to place a peck on his cheek. “What’s that for?”

“For being here for your son.” I reply before going back to finishing dinner…
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title credit: Home by Phillip Phillips

I'm debating on if I should have the Christmas chapters in this story or post them in Strangeness and Charm? What do you think I should do?

comment&subscribe? What do you think should happen?