‹ Prequel: Take Me to Neverland.
Sequel: Strangeness and Charm

Land Ahead.

If you'll be my boat

A couple days have passed and Killian is released into my custody, thankfully Emma knows it’s the best thing for him at the moment; especially with Gold on a rampage. And even though Killian is at home, his recovery isn’t going smoothly. Well it’s going smoothly, meaning he’s healing fine, he’s just a bit whiny.

“God, you’re a pirate; man up.” I unintentionally snap when Killian walks into the kitchen, groaning with every step. “You better be in actual pain and not doing this for attention.”

“Now why would I do that, love?” He asks with a smirk on his lips.

“You’re unbelievable,” I roll my eyes, “If you are indeed in pain, let me now. I can get the pain killers Whale prescribed filled. They’ll make you a little tired but the pain will become bareable.”

“I’m a pirate, I don’t need help from anyone or anything. I’ll continue on like this pain doesn’t exist.” He mutters as he hold onto his ribs as pain shoots through his body.

“Still think you can survive this pain?” I ask with an amused smirk on my lips. He looks up at me with pain hidden in his eyes. “I’m going to help you to your room and I’m going to give you your pain medication, which I filled without telling you.”

“Lass, you don’t have to do that.” He manages to croak out as he tries to straight his body.

“Killian, I’m going to help you; now come on.” I say as I walk over to him, wrapping my arms around him and help him up the stairs. “Ok stay here and I’ll be back with something that’ll help take your pain away.” I tell him as I lay him in the bed and begin to walk away.

“Maggie!” He calls out, stopping me in my tracks. “Stay with me?”

I turn around and smile at him, “I will, just let me get something that’ll help you with your pain.” He nods his head as I turn back around and head downstairs to get him some hot chocolate and his pain medication.

**

“Is hot chocolate your cure for everything?” Killian asks as I come back into the room with hot mugs of hot chocolate and his pain medication in my back pocket.

“In fact, it is.” I laugh as I set the mugs down and dig out the bottle. I take one pill out and hand it to Killian, “Pop that pill in your mouth and wash it down with some hot chocolate.” I order him. He just rolls his eyes but does as he’s told.

“Why is hot chocolate the go to cure?” He asks.

“It always made Morgan feel better.” I reply, “So I figure if it works on one pirate, it must work on his father.” Killian just smiles, “I could always try another thing that makes Morgan feel better; if you want.”

“What would that be?” He asks.

“There is this lullaby I used to sing to him when he was younger; my father used to sing it to me and my brother whenever we got scared or couldn’t sleep. It’s really calming.”

“Go for it, love.” He smiles.

“Fine, good thing I still remember it.” I smile before I begin singing…

If you'll be my star
I'll be your sky
You can hide underneath me and come out at night
When I turn jet black
And you show off your light
I live to let you shine
I live to let you shine

But you can skyrocket away from me
And never come back if you find another galaxy
Far from here with more room to fly
Just leave me your stardust to remember you by

If you'll be my boat
I'll be your sea
A depth of pure blue just to probe curiosity
Ebbing and flowing
And pushed by a breeze
I live to make you free
I live to make you free

But you can set sail to the west if you want to
And pass the horizon, 'til I can't even see you
Far from here
Where the beaches are wide
Just leave me your wake to remember you by


Half way through the song, I realize Killian is asleep. A smile creeps onto my lips before I lean in and kiss his forehead. “Goodnight Killian.” I whisper before I grab the mugs and take them downstairs. Just as I do, Morgan comes running in. “What’s wrong baby?”

“Emma’s going out of town with Mister Gold.” He informs me, “I thought none of us could leave town..”

“I thought so too…”
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title and lyric credit: Boats and Birds by Gregory and the Hawk

comment&subscribe? Also check out my new Captain Hook fanfic, Beautiful Thieves