‹ Prequel: Take Me to Neverland.
Sequel: Strangeness and Charm

Land Ahead.

Love is the light

I burst into Regina’s office and see her and her mother sitting around her desk. Cora is the first to notice me as a smile creeps onto her lips, “Maggie it’s certainly been awhile.”

“Where is he?” I ask, not bothering to beat around the bush.

“Now who are you even talking about?” Regina asks, a smirk on her lips, as she stands up from her seat.

“Don’t play stupid, Regina, you know who exactly I’m talking about.” I sneer, narrowing my eyes at here. “Where is Hook!?”

“Didn’t you know?” Cora asks, “he’s not working for us anymore. He left to follow Emma and Rumpelstiltskin to New York.” A sinister smile comes across her thin lips. My heart stops as I being to think about the curse.

“And to answer your question, he shouldn’t be hurt memory wise because of his leaving.” Regina says, answering me question as if she knew what I was thinking. “He wasn’t effected by the curse, like Henry and Emma.”

Without thinking, I took off running; ignoring the screams from Regina and Cora. There is one thing on my mind and that’s finding Killian; no matter the risk…

Jefferson

“I think I know where Hook is!” I hear Maggie exclaim as she runs through my house, “he took off after Gold and Emma.”

“Is he mad!?” I exclaim, “doesn’t he realize that if he crosses the border he loses his memory.”

“He wasn’t effected by the curse, Regina said he should come back unscathed.” She explains to me. I’m about to open my mouth but I’m cut off by her, “she has no reason to lie to me, Jefferson. I’m going to believe her on this. I’m also going to attempt to get to New York.”

“ARE YOU CRAZY!?” I yell, causing her to jump. “You’ve got a son to think about. I’m not going to let you go after him. Look at what happened last time.”

“This time he has a greater chance of getting killed,” she reasons with me. “I can’t let anything bad happen to him.”

“You’ll lose your memory.” I remind her, “what about Morgan? What about your son?”

“He’ll never forgive me if I let his father die.” She sighs, “I’ve got to do this Jefferson. If I don’t come back, will you please look after Morgan?”

“You’ll come back.” I assure her, “and you didn’t have to ask that. You know I’d do anything for you and Morgan.”

A weak smile appears on her lips as she walks over and pulls me into a hug, “I don’t know where I’d be without you.” She whispers in my ear before pulling away. Maggie gives me one last look before walking away, probably to tell her son goodbye.

Maggie

“Mom please don’t leave.” Morgan begs me as I walk to my car, “I can’t lose both you and Dad.”

A sigh escapes my lips as I turn and look at my son. His eyes are pleading with me, telling me not to go. “Morgan, I’ve got to find your dad. He knows nothing about this world. He could easily get killed.”

“So can you.” He points out, “he’s a pirate mom; he knows how to survive.”

“I know how to survive too.” I remind him, “I promise I’ll come back.”

He just stares at me with blue eyes glossing over. Without notice, he tackles my waist; clinging onto me. I grab my arms around him as he cries into my torso, “please don’t leave me, mommy! I can’t lose both of you.”

“I thought you would have never forgave me if I didn’t go out and find your dad.” I tell him as I play with his messy black hair.

“Please don’t leave.” He begs, “please, please don’t leave.”

I look up at the door and see Jefferson standing there; leaning up against the doorframe. My glaze returns to the boy hugging me, “you’re better at convincing me to stay than Jefferson.” I chuckle as I push my son away and get on his level, “I’m staying, for now. If your father doesn’t return with the others, I’m going after him.”

Morgan smiles before pulling me into a hug. I look up at Jefferson and see that he’s smiling. Something tells me he talked Morgan into this. I know my son loves me, but this was a desperate act; I can tell…
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title credit: The Power of Love by Oomph!

comment&subscribe? I changed the sequel's title to Never, Neverland. Land Ahead is going to be ending in the next couple chapters. The sequel picks up in Neverland.

I love how I actually update this and lose like four subscribers? The story is almost over with, don't you guys want to find out what happens? ha