‹ Prequel: Take Me to Neverland.
Sequel: Strangeness and Charm

Land Ahead.

All that you have has become unreal

Maggie

“So who was that guy?” Morgan asks later the night after we got home. “Did you know him?”

“Yea, I knew him;” I reply with a sigh as I begin supper for us,” better than most. This is why I had to help Emma bring him in.”

“Did Dad know him?” He asks, causing me to let out another sigh but I nod in reply. “How come you always clam up when I ask about my father? I deserve to know something about him don’t I?”

I angrily set down the wooden spoon in my hand before turning towards my son. “You want to know about your dad?” I ask him. “He was a cunning man with a beautiful heart if you got to know him. But he let a little thing such as revenge get in the way of his blissful happiness. He betrayed the one person who loved him more than life itself and left her there to rot in a prison. He’s not the best person. He’s flirtatiously annoying and ended up having a heart filled with hate. No one, not even I, could have thawed out that heart of ice.” He looks at me with his eyes glossing over and I let out another sigh before walking over to him; pulling him into a hug. “You’re better off not knowing about that man. I’m protecting you.”

“Whose sword is this then?” He asks me as he pulls away and points to the sword on the counter top. “And why were you so worried about me having it?”

“I thought I lost it or the man on the ship stole it from me.” I reply. “It’s the sword that once belonged to the man that raised me as his own; my father. He was an amazing man and a coward at the same time. It was said this sword was owned by a family of pirates and it had been passed down from generation to generation.”

“So we’re from a family of pirates?” Morgan asks, with a twinkle in his eyes. “Because that’ll be awesome if it was true.”

“You can say you’re from a family of pirates; it all depends on who you ask.” I admit with a chuckle before I go back to cooking. “But you can say it all you want; there is truth to it.”

“So Dad was a pirate?” He asks, getting back on the topic of his father.

“He was.” I reply. “He was the most ruthless captain on the seven seas.”

“You make it sound like my dad is Captain Hook.” Morgan laughs, causing a smile to appear on my lips.

“You can say he’s like Captain Hook; there are a lot of similarities between the two.” I chuckle. “Why don’t you go watch some TV? I’ll call you when dinner’s ready.” Morgan does as he’s told, leaving me alone in the kitchen with pasta and my thoughts about Killian; Captain Hook.
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title credit: Love is Dead by Kerli

comment&subscribe?

What would you like to see happen next? I'm always open for suggestions. =]

character page is up and I'm going to be redoing the banner and layout =]