‹ Prequel: Take Me to Neverland.
Sequel: Strangeness and Charm

Land Ahead.

So you compromised and found a new horizon

“Ok, I’m here.” I come running into the police station. I look around and see Smee cuffed with Charming standing in front of him. “Smee, what the hell did you do?”

“So you do know him?” Charming asks me before turning towards my old shipmate. “I thought you were just lying.”

“Smee, what do you do?” I ask him again. “And don’t lie to me.”

“I saw the Jolly Roger in the harbor and I thought you and Killian where here; then I found out he was in jail so I came to break him out.” He explains.

“He betrayed you and you’re willing to still put your neck on the line for him?” I question him.

“I’m surprised you weren’t the first to break him out.” He points out. “You were madly in love with him.”

“Hook?” Charming questions me.

“Don’t ask.” I say, rolling my eyes. “He left me to rot in Wonderland; what love I had for him surely vanished then.”

“What would you like me to do with him?” Charming asks.

“Your daughter’s sheriff, not me.” I remind him. “Speaking of which; where is she?” I ask. “Where’s Hook for that matter?”

“She’s in the interrogation room with Hook and Snow; they’re trying to figure out where Cora is.” He replies. “It’s straight down the hallway and onto the right; maybe you can get him to talk.”

“She can get him to sing if you want.” Smee laughs. “Hook always had a soft spot for Maggie; he just hated admitting it.”

“Whatever you saw Smee.” I mutter before walking down the hallway towards the interrogation room.

Just as I get to the door both Emma and Snow walk out of the room with a handcuffed Hook. “When did running the police station become a family affair?” I question with a laugh.

“What are you doing here?” Emma questions.

“David called me, saying someone down here said they knew me.” I reply.

“I see you’ve reunited with Smee.” Hook smirks, causing me to roll my eyes.

“You couldn’t get him to talk, could you?” I ask, earning a shake of the head from both of them. “Can I give it a try?”

“You think you can get him to talk?” Snow asks.

“Give me his hook and I’ll get him to sing.” I smirk, causing Hook to gulp.

“Good luck.” Emma says before tossing me Hook’s hook and keys to his hand cuffs and the room before walking away with Snow.

“How about we have a talk?” I smirk over to Hook before pushing him back into the room….

Killian

“How did you and Cora get here?” Maggie asks; not wasting anytime.

“How about you give me my hook then I’ll talk.” I smile in her direction. “You know I’m good for my word.” She passes before my hook and I put it back in its rightful place. “Thank you, darling.”

“How did you and Cora get here?” She asks one more time; by the tone of her voice I can tell she’s getting impatient.”

“A little magic bean.” I reply.

“Nice try. I found out in Wonderland there were no more magic jumping beans.” She states. “You failed to mention that to me, didn’t you?”

“What could can I say; I wanted a pretty girl on the ship.” I smirk towards her. “I got awfully lonely.”

“We went over this; you could have had any girl you wanted. You picked me for another reason.” She rolls her eyes. “So I’m going to humor you. Let’s say you did end up with a magic bean; it would probably be dried up and dead. How did you get it to work?”

“You’ve heard the legend of that lake with magical water that can bring back what has been lost?” I ask, earning a nod from her. “Well the legend is true; that’s how we brought back.”

“Why am I having a hard time believing you?” She asks me. “Have I grown up? Am I not the naïve little girl anymore?”

“Maybe for once, I am telling the truth which you find hard to believe in itself.” I suggest with a shrug. “I’ve never lied to you Maggie; I just didn’t tell you the whole truth about Neverland. I didn’t want you to lose faith in finding your father; the man that betrayed you.”

“I never lost faith in that.” She admits. “I just lost faith in the man I loved.”

“I’m sure you replaced me; I mean you did love your son’s father at one point, didn’t you?” I ask.

“I did but like I said, I lost faith in him.” She admits, looking up at me with her big brown eyes glossing over. With that she gets up and leaves me handcuffed to the table.

As she’s walking out, that’s when everything came together. “I’m her son’s father….”
♠ ♠ ♠
Maggie

chapter title credit: I'll Reach You by Delain.

next chapter will be more of Killian's reaction to finding out he's a dad. How do you think he'll react? Shocked? Pissed? the combination of the two? Think this will change anything? I want to know what you're thinking!

also if you haven't yet, you should check out the songs and bands I use as chapter titles. Most of them really do work with this story. Plus the music is just amazing. =]