‹ Prequel: Take Me to Neverland.
Sequel: Strangeness and Charm

Land Ahead.

There is more than meets the eye

“It looks like you could use a drink.” Jefferson chuckles when I walk into his place after my lovely visit to the police station.

“Where’s Grace and Morgan?” I ask, not wanting for either kid to see my cry.

“Outside playing; why?” He asks as the tears flow from my eyes. “Maggie, what’s wrong?” He asks again. I just shake my head as a few audible sobs escape my lips. Jefferson immediately pulls me into a hug. “Sh, calm down; tell me what’s wrong.

“The man from the harbor is Killian Jones; known to most as Captain Hook.” I mutter into his chest; it’s a surprise he could even hear me.

“What about him?” He asks, pushing me away to look in my eyes. “What does he have to do with any of this.”

“He’s Morgan’s dad.” I choke out. “He knows about Morgan now. Jefferson, I can’t let him any where near Morgan. He’s poison; he’ll destroy my son.” He sighs before pulling me into a hug.

“The man from the harbor is my father?” A voices from behind me. My heart stops as I turn around and see Morgan and Grace standing there. “Are you going to answer me?”

“Don’t talk to me like that.” I snap back. “I’m protecting you from him. He’s nothing but bad news; take it from me. I know what he’s like better than anyone else.”

“I was with you when you took him in; why didn’t you tell me then?” He asks, tears of betrayal forming in his blue eyes.

“Morgan, you’ll understand why I don’t want you near him when you get older.” I reason with my son. “Come on; we should get home.” I tell my boy before turning to Jefferson. “Thanks for looking out for him.”

“You know I’ll always look out for you two.” He smiles before pulling me into a final hug. “Good luck.” He whispers to me before kissing the side of my head. I pull away, shooting him a weak smile before I follow an angry Morgan out to my car.

“One day, you’ll understand why I did what I did.” I tell Morgan before starting my car. “Your father isn’t the best role model; I’m just looking out for you.” He just scoffs before looking out the window. “You’re so much like your father.” I mutter before putting the car reverse and begin my journey down the drive way and begin our journey home…

Morgan

It was nine at night when my mom finally went to sleep. I tip-toe out of my room and quietly walk downstairs with a lock pick, that I found in my mom’s room once, and a flashlight. Quietly, I head outside and straight to the garage. I pull out my bike and begin pedaling down to the jail. I’m going to see for myself what kind of guy my father is. I’m not going to let my mom get in the way of that…

Killian

I’m sitting in my cell, tapping my fingers against the brick; listening to Smee’s light snoring. Just as I close my eyes, I hear a noise coming from the entrance. I sit up, just as the door opens and in comes a small figure belonging to a child. I may be a simple pirate, but I know this figure was.

“Does your mother know you’re here?” I ask the small figure as he comes close. The closer he got, the more I can see myself in his features.

“So you’re my father, huh?” He muses with a smirk on his lips. “The infamous Captain Hook.”

“Aye, that would be me.” I smirk. “You still didn’t answer my question. Does your mother know you’re here?”

“Does it matter?” He asks, with a chuckle.

“I’m not exactly on your mother’s good graces so I’ll say it’ll matter once she finds out that you broke into a jail just to see your supposed old man.” I point out to him. “I’m sure your mother said to stay away from me.”

“She has.” He replies. “I want to know why. You seem like any other man out there. You’re no different than Jefferson.”

“Who’s Jefferson?” I ask, my muscles tighten involuntarily.

“A friend of mom.” He replies. “He’s been in my life as long as I can remember.” I just nod my head, biting my lower lip. “Is it true that you left mom to rot in a prison cell?” He asks the very question, I’ve been dreading. But before I can open my mouth, the lights turn on and Emma stands in the door way. She must have been called in.

“Morgan?” She questions the young boy. ‘What are you doing here?”

“I came to talk to my father.” He replies, not showing any fear. “Mom won’t let me see him and I came to see why.” It’s hard to believe he’s so young. He’s got the courage of a man twice his age.

“Your mom has the right to keep you from this man; he’s not a good guy.” Emma says, looking up at me with a glare. “How about I get the stuff I came in here for and I take you home?”

“Are you going to tell my mom?” He asks.

“Just this once, I’ll keep it a secret.” She tells him. “Next time this happens and I see you two together is when I tell your mom.” He sadly nods before turning towards me.

“Goodbye father.” He says before walking out of the room.

“I have no idea why he wants to get to know you and I don’t care to understand,” she tells me, “just don’t hurt him.” With that she walks out of the room after she gathers her things. A sigh escapes my lips as I hear her lock up. I lay onto the bed with a smile on my lips. That’s my boy…
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title credit: I Want Nothing by Kerli

thanks to amodernmyth88 for the idea of Morgan breaking into the jail to see Killian. It shows how much he's like his father even without Killian being in his life.

Jefferson will play an important part in this. He's apart of Morgan and Maggie's life. Him and Maggie have been friends awhile.

comment&subscribe?