‹ Prequel: Take Me to Neverland.
Sequel: Strangeness and Charm

Land Ahead.

So can you rescue me?

Maggie

“After spending two weeks with that guy locked up in my jail cell, I’m really questioning why you fell in love with him.” Emma says over breakfast.

“It was years ago, in a fairytale world.” I laugh. “I was completely different then than I am now. You believe in true love back then.”

“True love does exist.” Snow mentions, causing both me and her daughter to roll our eyes.

“You’re married to Prince Charming, you don’t have a say in this.” I chuckle. “I was naïve to think he actually cared; that a pirate actually has the ability to love something besides the ocean.”

“He obviously loved Milah.” Emma points out. “Even I can see it in his eyes.”

“I’ve always hated that name.” I admit with a humorless chuckle. “It’s a name I’ll never be able to live up to. I guess part of him will always love her. I would have always came second in his heart.”

“How is Morgan taking this?” Snow asks me. “He’s seems a little distant lately.”

“He’s sneak out at night to visit Hook.” I reply with a half amused smirk on my lips. “I’ve caught him a few times; he doesn’t know it yet.”

“You know you’re gonna have to catch him eventually.” Emma says. “He’s gonna have to find out that breaking into the jail isn’t a good hobby.”

“That’s kind of why I asked you to meet me here.” I admit. “I need the keys to the jail. I plan on catching him tonight.”

“How are you going to catch him while Hook is in the jail cell?” Snow asks. “There is no way to sneak past him from the front.”

“I only need the keys to lock up afterwards.” I laugh. “I’ve been hanging around with pirates long enough to know how to break into a building.”

“You’re something else.” Emma laughs. “I’ll hide the keys under the bench for you. Just give them to be when I go take Henry to school tomorrow.”

“Thank you. I’m just hoping I can tear Morgan away from Hook; I don’t need him to grow attached.” I say, unsure if I’m doing the right thing.

“You’re doing the right thing, Maggie.” Snow assures me. “Hook isn’t the kind of guy you want your child around. He’s poison.”

“I just wish Morgan sees that.”

“Sometimes a child can’t see that they’re parents are possible poison.” Snow points out. “Look at Regina; she’ll always love her mother even if she knows she’s poison.”

“Do any of you think it’s funny that both Regina and Cora have like disappeared?” I ask. “Should we be worried?”

“I think so.” Snow replies with a sigh. “I know this seems like a long shot but maybe you can get Hook to spill some plans.”

“Hook is many things but he’ll remain loyal to certain people; especially if they have some sort of power over him.” I explain to her. A sigh escapes my lips when I see both Emma and Snow looking at me. “But I’ll see what I can do. Apparently he has a soft spot for me, or so Smee says.”

“You might just be our final hope.” Snow states.

“No pressure then.” I let out a nervous chuckle before getting out of the booth. “I’ll let you know if I find out anything.” With that I walk away. It’s time to prepare for tonight…
♠ ♠ ♠
Maggie

chapter title credit: Rescue Me by Slaughterhouse

comment&subscribe? What would you guys like to see happen in the future?