Status: slowly but surely

Primus Amor.

Prince Charming

It was sunny when I decided to go outside for a walk.

Harry was still nowhere to be seen since last night’s endeavors. After he asked me where the girl, Portia, went he was hauled by another girl and after that he was gone. He’d probably come by the flat in the afternoon. Right now, I had a date to settle.

I couldn’t help the grin that was plastered on my face as I made my way to Niall’s flat. It was closer to the café I planned to meet her. Felicity’s was actually a well-known café in London so I wouldn’t be surprised if she knew about it. I actually had a mild headache due to the alcohol intake last night but I ignored it.

I inhaled the sweet morning scent that came from going around the streets of London bright and early. My head was covered by a beanie once again accompanied by a pair of shades. Getting harassed by fans was not on my agenda for today.

I turned left and let my eyes traverse the scene around me. People had their coats on since the air was chilly but I could tell they missed the sun. I shoved my hands deep in my pockets while looking at a couple of shops I passed by.

My footsteps merged with the others. A lot of people woke up early either for work or for school but I was happy that I woke up for something that involved neither. My feet brought me down the familiar road which led to Niall’s and I had to be extra careful that the fans wouldn’t see me. Some actually knew where we lived and that was disturbing.

When I reached the complex, I greeted the lady on the desk and proceeded to the elevator. Normally I would invite Niall to go eat with me but today was an exception. I made sure that I actually brought her phone with me and that I didn’t leave it back home. I don’t know what came over me last night but I wanted to get to know her more. Even if most of the time she was rude, I knew that talking to someone like me causes someone to put their walls up. I only hope to break it down and know her more.

I stood outside his door and knocked three times. I glanced at my watch and smiled. I was right on time.

Niall opened the door, his hair a tangled mess. His blue eyes were laced with sleep and I could tell he just woke up. I smiled and wrapped an arm around his shoulder which caught him off guard.

“Morning!” I yelled as I dragged him back inside the flat. I kicked the door closed and let go of his shoulder, stretching my arms. I had a good feeling today.

“Someone’s in a good mood.” Niall commented, going to the kitchen probably to get a cup of coffee.

I didn’t reply. Instead I plopped down on the couch and switched his television on. It was half past seven and I still had some time to relax. I placed my feet atop his coffee table and crossed my legs, flipping through some of the channels. A yawn escaped through my lips as I took of my shades letting it hang from my shirt. I took off my beanie as well since it was getting uncomfortable. Niall came back with a cup of coffee in one hand and a banana in the other.

“What brings you here?” Niall mumbled his mouth half-full with food.

“My legs.” I replied sarcastically before smiling at him. He rolled his eyes and leaned on the couch, looking at the television screen which was currently advertising a brand of toothpaste.

“But really Lou, what’s with the big grin?”

I shook my head and let my mind wander back to last night. I thought she disappeared right before my eyes into thin air leaving only her phone. She reminded me of Cinderella with a glass slipper and I was the Prince Charming who was searching for her. In the end she was the one who found me… by a phone call that is. It was nice to hear her voice once again, loud and clear.

“It’s nothing important.” I replied off-handedly, still grinning like a mad man.

“Either something good happened yesterday or you’re high.” He pointed out while I let out a guffaw. It felt good to laugh.

“A little bit of both.” I admitted. He took a sip from his coffee and nodded his head, trying to make sense of what I told him.

“Was it a girl?”

“Pardon?”

“Oh you know a girl might have something to do with your good mood.” He smirked at me before taking another sip. I glared at him and shook my head.

“It’s not.” I replied. It was better if they didn’t know what was happening. It would probably bring about a million questions that would most likely turn to the girl I desperately try to avoid.

Niall looked at me suspiciously before shrugging. It was a sign that he was going to drop the topic for now but he would bring it up once again later. Thick silence hung in the air around us. I cleared my throat and glanced at Niall who looked deep in thought. His blond hair covered his eyes and his overall body posture screamed that something was bothering him.

“Is something wrong?” I asked concern in my voice. Niall looked up right away and shook his head, showing me a big toothy grin.

“It’s nothing.”

“Are you sure? I might be able to help you.”

“Nah I’m good.” He replied, finishing the last bit of banana he had. Once he was done he stared at the peeling before looking back at me with a confused look on his face.

“Aren’t you hungry?”

As if on cue, my stomach grumbled letting out a roar like a lion. I grimaced while Niall laughed it off, the sound bouncing off the walls. I crossed my arms and flipped to another channel.

“I’ve got some food in the kitchen if you’d like.”

“I’ll keep that in mind.”

As much as I would like to go and get something to eat, I had a date with the girl who left her phone with me. It didn’t even occur to me that she wouldn’t come later on. If she wanted her phone back she would come by and get it even if it meant that she would have to be seen with me.

Niall went back to the kitchen, probably to wash his empty cup of coffee. I looked around his flat still finding it a little plain. Since we toured a lot, it was a little pointless to buy lots of furniture. It’s not like we’ll be at our homes here in London 24/7. The pastel walls were bare, no hint of picture frames or anything that gave a clue to his life here in London. The only thing that hung in his flat was a picture of him and a girl, whose name escaped my mind. He never talked about her so I had no idea who she was and what she was to him.

I closed my eyes and took a few deep breaths, trying to focus on the good things. For some peculiar reason whenever I saw that picture of him and that girl, it brought back memories of my own. They were memories that I would rather forget than remember. Everything changed because of one mistake and because of it; things will never be the same. I shook my head and started to tug the roots of my hair. The smile on my face wavered as the memories continued to flood. Forget about her Louis. Don’t think about it.

“Louis?” I snapped my head up and saw Niall looking over at me with a worried expression on his face.

“Yeah?”

“Are you sure you’re all right?” His light blue eyes were locked on mine and it took a while for me to calm down and to grin right back at him.

“’Course I am.” I glanced at my wrist and sighed. It was about time I get going. I only came by to take a quick rest anyway. I stood up and headed over to Niall, clapping him in the back.

“Thanks for letting me stay but I gotta run. See you later yeah?” He looked at me inquisitively before nodding, a slow smile on his face.

“Right. Tell me about your date later yes?” He gave me a cheeky smile whilst I rolled my eyes. I turned around; hands shoved deep in my pockets and stuck my tongue out at him.

“Bye Niall.” He waved me goodbye and I walked out of his flat, feeling a little better. I know I just stayed there to rest and such but I wouldn’t want to go the café early. If I stayed there any longer than necessary the paparazzi might catch up and I would have some trouble getting out alive.

I went back inside the elevator, humming another tune, and walked out of the building. My shades were back on as well as my beanie. I placed my headphones in my ears and avoided the gazes of the people around me. One look and my cover will be blown.

The walk to the café took around 10 minutes but I didn’t mind. I had to exercise anyway. A few people stole glances at me but I ignored them. I probably looked suspicious.

My mind went back to Portia, also known as Cinderella. She was… different. She didn’t freak out when she saw me. She treated me like a normal person, which was something that I missed. Also, she wasn’t afraid to joke around—at least that’s how I interpret it. She was interesting.

I arrived at the café a few minutes later which was, thankfully, vacant. There were only a few people inside and that meant privacy. The shades were a big hindrance since it was blocking my view. I took of my shades and placed it on my shirt. My blue eyes grazed over their menu, biting my lip as I contemplated on what to get.

I went up to the counter and started to say my order, still looking up at the menu to get it right. When I looked back down, the girl was staring at me with her mouth open. I blinked twice then I remembered who I was. Of course I was going to get this reaction.

I grinned at her and mumbled a hello. She didn’t reply right away but she started to fumble for her phone. I chuckled at her clumsiness.

“H-hi can I get a p-picture?” She stuttered, her phone in hand.

“Sure. I take it you’re a fan?” She nodded her head and quickly walked out behind the counter, her face lighting up. She held her phone in front of us and in a flash, the photo was taken. I had a big grin on my face and so did our fan. She took a step back and practically squealed at me.

“Thank you so much! This means the world to me!” She rattled, her eyes lighting up. I chuckled and nodded my head.

“It was a pleasure.” She let out a breath and smiled before going back behind the counter.

“Right so um, your name will be called in a moment, um, enjoy your stay!” She rattled, still grinning at me. I took out a few bills from my wallet and handed it to her. I walked over to an empty seat looked out the window, wondering where the girl will be coming from. I just had a good feeling about today. My gut instinct never lies.

I tore my gaze away from the window and glanced at my wristwatch. It was around 7:55. I wasn’t sure if she was the kind of girl who arrives early or the one who comes in late. I rubbed my palms together, the nerves bundling up inside of me. Maybe I should just leave after giving her phone back… but that wouldn’t be fun wouldn’t it?

I leaned back on the plush loveseat and groaned, realizing how stupid it was of me to expect much from out encounter. She would probably leave right away thinking that I was mental. Or, she would stay and divulge everything I tell her about my life to the press. I groaned and placed my palm over my forehead. I could just tell the lady behind the counter to give the phone to a girl named Portia then leave. It’s probably for the best.

I was about to leave and stand up when I heard the bell chime, signaling that another customer came in. As if on cue, I snapped my head towards the sound and saw the same girl.

Her brown hair was tied up into a ponytail, exemplifying her features. My eyes grazed over her body as she walked around the café, looking for me I suppose. I watched her lips curve downward as she searched around the small shop. I chuckled to myself and leaned. I guess staying here would be worth it.

“Earl grey tea for Louis!”

She stopped pacing around the café and directed her attention to the counter where my drink was waiting. I guess that was my cue.

I stood up and confidently went to get my cup of tea. I felt her gaze on me the whole time as I did so which bothered me a little but at the same time I enjoyed it. It meant that she was paying attention.
My legs brought me back to my table where I casually took a sip of my warm drink. I heard her stomp her way towards me and it took all of my willpower not to laugh at her actions.

I looked up at my drink and grinned at her. Her full lips formed a scowl on her face as she stared down at me. She took a deep breath before speaking up which was a little odd.

“You.” She pointed her dainty finger at me accusingly while I ignored it.

“Me.” I replied, a smirk on my lips. She rolled her eyes and held out her palm at me, waiting for her phone. I raised my eyebrow at her as she fidgeted around.

“My phone.” She mumbled her eyes staring right into mine.

“Why don’t you sit down yeah?” She glared at me then at the seat in front of me. Her eyes looked from me, to the seat, to the counter. Her lips quivered a little bit and after a while, she sighed in defeat. I felt a grin come up my face as she sat down in front of me.

“Okay. Can you give my phone back now?” All signs of annoyance were replaced with worry. She bit her lip as she anxiously waited for me to giver her phone back to her. As much as I liked teasing her, I wasn’t that mean.

I dug into my hoodie’s jacket and retrieved her phone. I heard her let out a sigh of relief as I took it out. Her hand was outstretched towards me but I shook my head.

“I’ve got one condition.” Her eyes went straight up to mine and they were once again full of irritation, as well as curiosity.

“And?”

“We keep in touch.”

Her mouth went slack as I said it. I don’t know what came over me but before I could even process what was happening, she burst out laughing at me. I raised my eyebrows, confused as to her reaction. After a few moments, her laughter subsided into giggles. I felt a smile creep up my lips as she tried to compose herself.

“That was a good one but really, what’s the condition?” She asked, her tone getting serious.

Her eyes glittered with amusement at what I said but I didn’t find my words at the very least funny. I was serious. I wanted to know her more. She was a peculiar girl who was different from all the others I’ve met. Although the reason has not come to me just yet, I felt like she could be a friend I could trust.

“I’m serious. I’d like to keep in touch with you. That is, if you don’t mind?” Her brown eyes widened. She glanced at the phone I was holding then back to my face. Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion but she quickly shook it off and crossed her arms.

“I really thought it was a joke.” She mumbled, more to herself than to me. She was looking out the window, in a daze. I wanted to know what was going on in her head, why she couldn’t believe what was happening. I know that it’s not everyday a famous person asks to keep in touch with someone but what if there was another reason?

I took another sip of my tea, biting the inside of my cheek anxiously. Why did I care so much? I heard her sigh and when I looked up, her lips were pursed and her eyes were narrowed at me.

“If we do ‘keep in touch’, you’ll give me my phone back right?” I nodded my head and proceeded to pointing at my chest, drawing an imaginary cross.

“Cross my heart and hope to die.” She rolled her eyes but a smile made its way up her lips. I grinned as well. She was about to reach out for my phone but I stopped her. I punched in my number and let a small smile fall on my lips.

“We’ll keep in touch.” I said as I handed her phone. She groaned but reached for it, biting her lip.

“Keep in touch.” She echoed, more to herself than to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
um, yeah... :)

comment/subscribe/recommend!