Status: slowly but surely

Primus Amor.

Pick Me Up

My eyes were transfixed on her leaving the whole time. The way her brown hair swished back and forth and the way she would walk out of the store, her hips swaying from side to side. I shook my head and blinked a couple of times, trying to focus. She’s just a girl.

A girl who you’re interested in.

Sometimes, I just want my brain to shut up but how? Is there a manual for such?

I could say that Portia was different but at the same time she reminded me of someone. Someone that I used to be close with. They were both wary. They were both sarcastic at times but they can get serious when needed. Although it reminded me of her, I told myself that she wasn’t. Portia was entirely different from the girl I knew. Also, she didn’t seem like someone who would hurt me…

I felt my phone buzz in my pocket once again and I groaned. I pulled it out of my pocket and placed it near my ear. I already knew who it was.

“Louis, where the hell are you?

“I should be the one asking you that Styles. You’ve been bugging me nonstop! You kind of ruined the date.”

Okay so maybe I shouldn’t have said that.

“Date? You went on a date? Without me?” I heard him gasp while I rolled my eyes, walking out of the café with the paper cup still in my hand. I walked down the London streets with my head down. It would be bad if people started to scream at me.

“You’re a thief Harry and you know that.” I pointed out. He groaned and I could practically sense him rolling his eyeballs at me.

“Fine fine. Just pick me up alright? I’ll message you the address.”

“Can’t you go home yourself?”

“Nah.”

“You are such a lazy arse Harry.”

Laughter.

“Just pick me up Lou.”

I sighed and finally agreed. I was feeling a little good today.

“Alright. Don’t break hearts alright Harry?” I heard him snort from the background before the call ended. My phone buzzed lightly against my palm and a new message from Harry came up. The address was unfamiliar but then again, it wasn’t a new sight to see. It felt like I was his personal driver or something.

I tucked the phone back in my pocket and looked around. I guess I could go get Niall’s car instead of mine. Walking back to the flat would take time and knowing Harry, he would blow up my phone once again asking if I died. I guess going to Niall to borrow his car would be faster. He wouldn’t mind it anyway. It’s not like I was going to crash it on purpose in one of those red brick houses.

I walked back to Niall’s flat (took around ten minutes) and hopped back inside the elevator. The lady behind the counter looked at me again while I winked in return. I saw her blush and look away. I laughed a little bit at her reaction and pressed the close button.

I’m not 100% percent sure if people only found me attractive because of my fame or not but it was a little fun to tease people around. But then, I’d like people to get to know me not just label me as that guy from One Direction. A lot of people are already judging the five of us as five pesky brats that can’t make music. It’s unfair. They shouldn’t get too ahead of themselves. We’re human too. It was disheartening to know that people ignore what we truly are and dismiss us as that annoying boy band. If only they understood…

The elevator stopped moving and the doors opened. I was back in the familiar hallway. I took off my beanie and walked out of the elevator. The beanie was getting a bit annoying. I ran a hand through my already messed up hair and knocked again at Niall’s door.

He opened it with a startled look on his face but I waved it off. Coming back twice was a little surprising.

“Lou?” His voice was laced with disbelief. It was also muffled. The fact that there was a toothbrush hanging from his mouth was a little distracting. I choked back on my laughter and covered my mouth. He raised his eyebrow at me and I pointed at the toothbrush sticking out of his mouth. His eyes lit up and he immediately took it out.

“May I borrow your car?” Niall leaned on the doorway and raised his eyebrow.

“What for?”

“I’ve got to go and pick up Harry.”

“Ah.” Niall nodded, understanding me. It’s not the first time I had to borrow other people’s cars just to pick up Harry from wherever he was. Usually our driver would do it but since we were on “vacation”, they were as well.

He retreated back inside the comforts of his phone while I stood around aimlessly, staring up at the ceiling. I felt my phone buzz once again but I didn’t bother answering it. We all know who it is.

“Here ya go.” Niall tossed the keys to me and I caught it, right in the knick of time.

“Thanks mate.” I mumbled, pocketing them. He let out a yawn and covered his mouth.

“No problem. I’ll see you later yeah?” I nodded before thanking him again. He gently shut the door while I walked back to the elevator, whistling a tune I’ve heard from the radio.

My phone started buzzing again and I sighed loudly. I pulled it out of my pocket and answered the call.

“Ever heard of patience Harry?” I snapped, pinching the bridge of my nose with my thumb and forefinger. I was leaning on one of the walls, shaking my head. When will this boy ever wait?

“Um, this isn’t the Harry you speak of…” My eyes widened and pulled my phone away from my ear, staring at it in disbelief. Now that the person mentioned it, the voice sounded feminine. It was also higher than Harry’s.

“Oh. I’m sorry I thought you were my friend.” I ran a hand through my tousled hair, feeling a little embarrassed. I had managed to embarrass myself through a phone call. Well done Louis, well done.

I heard the girl laugh softly and it sounded nice. Her laugh.

“No. It’s alright. I guess I should tell you that it’s Portia. You know? That girl from the café a.k.a the girl who left her phone?” I chuckled softly and nodded my head, even if she couldn’t see me. I didn’t know she would call this fast.

The elevator opened and I stepped out, making my way to Niall’s car. The basement was the parking lot for all the residents in the building. I looked around the floor, looking for the familiar (insert color here) car. Once I spotted it, I briskly walked towards it.

“Yeah I remember you! It’s kind of hard to forget the girl who dragged me all the way out of my flat to give back her phone.” I joked. I took out the keys and unlocked the car, getting inside. I readied myself and turned on the ignition but I wasn’t going to leave just yet.

“Sorry.”

“It’s okay. I ended up having a nice chat with a pretty girl like you though so it was all good.” I pointed out. I heard her scoff from the other line while I bit my lip, trying to fight a smile.

“You know, you’re kind of a flirt Tomlinson.” I chuckled and adjusted the rear view mirror. I was met with my own blue eyes looking down at me.

“A sexy flirt.”

“You wish.”

“Denying isn’t going to help babe.” I heard her sigh from the other line but when she replied, I could tell she was smiling.

“Whatever Lou. I just wanted to thank you for bringing my phone and yeah. By the way, this doesn’t mean I’m going to call you all the time just to keep in touch.” She warned.

“Aw but I like talking to you.” I said while pouting. I heard her sigh and I could imagine her shaking her head at me.

“How about you call? I don’t know okay. Look, I’ve got to go. Classes are starting. So um… yeah. Thanks again Louis. It was kind of nice meeting you.”

I laughed softly and set the car in reverse, backing away from the parking spot. The silent hum of the engine was the only music I had.

“It’s kind of nice meeting you as well Portia.” I chirped back.

“Goodbye Louis.”

The call ended and I slowly pulled the phone away from my ear. I didn’t expect her to call right away but it was nice to hear her voice. It was oddly comforting. I scrolled through my phone and found the message Harry sent me. I memorized the address and tossed the phone beside me. I took a deep breath before driving out of the basement with only the sound of the engine to keep me sane.

---


I arrived at the designated destination a little while later, a pair of shades covering my face. I found them in Niall’s car and I hoped he wouldn’t mind.

I looked up at the tall building and wondered where Harry was. I sent him a short message telling him that I was here and leaned back, tapping my fingers against the steering wheel. A few people stopped to turn and look at the car with admiration and somehow I regret getting Niall’s car. It brought a lot of attention. But then, brining my car would also attract attention.

I stayed there outside the building, looking around just to keep me occupied. The glass was tinted so I doubt they could see who was inside. I started to hum quietly, trying to make some noise when I heard tapping outside the windows. I jumped up from my seat, surprised at the sudden noise. I squinted at the dark windows and saw the familiar mop of curls pressed against the glass. I suppressed the laugh forming in my throat as I unlocked the doors. He looked ridiculous.

Harry hopped inside and slammed the door shut. He placed the seatbelt on and leaned on the seat, his eyes dead set on the road in front of him.

“Drive.” He commanded. I rolled my eyes and scoffed but followed him anyway.

The car lurched forward and we started to fly down the street. I kept my hands on the steering and stole glanced at Harry who was messing with his hair while looking down on his feet. I raised my eyebrow at him and turned back to the road.

“Harry.” I started.

“Yeah?”

“You stink of sex.” Harry flashed me a glare before looking out the window.

“Tell me something I don’t know.” He replied sarcastically.

“You look like a mop.” I responded in a cheerful tone. Harry let out a loud groan and smacked my arm with the grace of a turtle.

“Fuck off Louis. I’m exhausted alright?” I smirked and turned left. The boy beside me wobbled due to the force before giving me a glare. I’m guessing he had a terrible hangover.

“That rough?” I joked while he rolled his eyes, nodding.

“Yes! Now shh. You are making my head hurt ten times worse.” He grumbled, placing a hand near his forehead. I shrugged but kept quiet knowing how terrible those headaches were.

After a few minutes of complete and utter silence, Harry spoke up.

“How was your date?”

“I thought you had a massive headache?” I inquired, giving him a curious glance. He shrugged and looked out the window.

“Just answer the question.”

“It went well. Portia seems like a nice girl.”

“Portia eh? I’d like to meet her someday.” Harry said with a smug look on his face. I scoffed and shook my head.

“Hands to yourself Harry.” I grumbled, gripping the wheel tightly. Harry was a bit of a womanizer.

“Calm down Louis. I was just joking.” I could feel Harry’s curious gaze at me as I kept my mouth in a thin line. Even if he was joking, I was having none of it. I didn’t want her to get hurt.

“Must have gone really well for you to care about her so much.” Harry muttered, crossing his arms as he looked out the window. I didn’t respond afterwards and choked on my words. I know that Harry’s one of my best mates but telling him about Portia unsettled me. I didn’t want any of them to know about her.

After that, we were silent all throughout the ride. I kept my mouth shut even if the silence was killing me. I didn’t want to talk to Harry knowing that he was acting like a girl on her period. Also, he would ask me again about Portia. Instead of trying to start up a conversation with him, I thought of my previous conversations with Portia. I know, I was thinking of her more than I would like but it was refreshing to talk to a girl who didn’t seem to care all that much of One Direction. It was as if she only cared about me and my personality.

Like her?

I shook my head furiously and concentrated on my driving. I glimpsed at Harry who was now leaning by the window, his eyes shut tight. I let out a sigh of relief knowing that I wouldn’t receive any more pressing questions from the curly haired boy. The way he slept reminded me of a baby who was tired after a long day in the park. Even if he was an adult he still acted like a kid at heart. I sighed and licked my lips. I better get Harry home before his man-period kicks in.
♠ ♠ ♠
I felt like updating so yeah.

I really tried so please don't hate me :((

Comment/Subscribe/Recommend!

skinny love.