Status: Keep or kill??

Are You Serious?

Dallas part 2

I woke up startled, but relaxed when I realized it was just my alarm, letting me know it was time to go to work. Usually when I wake up I’m happy , and refreshed. But today I have a headache and my eyes hurt from crying. I smile a little though, because my tummy is warm because Tubby is right beside me, he always is. I quickly got out of bed, I got dressed in an old summer dress , I blew Tubby a kiss. Then quietly walked downstairs , I was happy to see my mom asleep on the couch. I quickly walked out the house, and walked to work.

* * * * *

Today the restaurant was very busy, I kept getting orders wrong. Mike the Manager says it’s fine , he said that he could tell I was having an off day.Which made me sad , I want to always be good at work. I was pleasantly surprised when I found my new table was Beth , Tori and Luce . I smiled at them.

“Hi guys can I get you drinks?”

Beth looked up and smiled, waving excitedly.

“Hey hun! why weren't you at school today? and yes I think we're ready!”

Maybe if I pretend I didn't hear her ask the question she’ll forget she asked it.

“Okay! Great!..Tori what will you have to drink today?” I asked eagerly

She looked at Beth confused, but answered anyway, which was very nice.
“Ah..uh coke please”
I smiled and wrote it down.
“And you Beth?”
She frowned at me but before she could answer me, Luce spoke up.

“why weren't at school today? Do you honestly think i'm stupid?”

I frowned , confused .

“No! why would I think you're stupid?”

“I know that wasn't your house yesterday..”
“...”
OK so I felt very awkward that she knew my , what was supposed to be very smart plan.
“Okay...I’m sorry ?”
She rolled her eyes, “Look I won’t be mad, but is this all a joke?”

I shook my head and leaned in closer to her.
“What do you mean? is what a joke?”
She sighed, rolling her eyes again she looked very angry.
“You know this whole , pretending to be stupid thing is it just to get people to like you?”

Beth gasped smacking Luce’s arm. But Luce wasn't finished.

“You act all clueless, so people help you all the time is that how you make friends? because If so I think that's sad”
Too be honest with you, all I heard was stupid, clueless. My mom was right , I shouldn't talk to strangers, I shouldn't look at strangers and I definitely shouldn't ride in cars with strangers.
I finally looked at Luce, tears freely fell down my face.
“You really think i'm stupid?”
I didn't let her answer , I just walked away. I don’t know why but it always hurt when she called me names. I thought she was my friend, I guess I wasn't meant to have any of those.
Before I knew it I was home, I entered the house with a loud sob I didn't know I was holding. Mom was in the kitchen , she looked at me startled.

“..your home earlier”
“Y-yeah..”
She took me in and put down the sponge she was holding.
“Are you okay?”
I shook my head “No”
Then I ran upstairs, got into my room, threw off my dress , set my alarm for school and curled into Tubby and cried myself to sleep. I've been doing that a lot lately.