Status: Trying to make a come back on this story....please be patient...

The Lady Marshal

Dakota Gage was born into a ‘Not Normal’ family surrounding. Her Father, Harris Gage, left his wife and the mother of his child, Elizabeth Gage, because their newborn baby was a girl. Harris wanted a son and a son only. He didn’t want a girl. He always said that girls grow up to be Harlots and Dance Hall Girls. So Elizabeth was left to raise a newborn baby.

When Dakota was at the age to go to school, she was relentlessly teased and pushed around by the other school children because of the fact she had no father and her mother had to take a job as a Dance Hall Girl just to get enough money to provide for the both of them. Dakota endured years of this torture until she was old enough where she didn’t have to go to school anymore and that’s when she couldn’t take it anymore. One night while her mother was working at the town Saloon, Dakota cut her hair short like a man would wear it and rode out of Barlow, Kentucky and made a non-stop journey to Raleigh, North Carolina where she signed up for the war that needed front line soldiers. She was never suspected of being a woman because of her short hair.

During the war, she saved dozens of men in different battlefields and drug the wounded and dead out of harm’s way without any wounds of her own. When the war ended, 2 years after she originally joined, she went back to Raleigh and joined a training camp for Marshal’s and at first no one knew she was a woman but that all changed when she met a man there who knew she was a woman from the very beginning but never said anything.

Their love grew for each other while at the camp and when they left in the Spring, they got married and moved to a town in Virginia called Deep Rivers where her husband, Davy Balford, became the town’s Marshal. A year later, Davy and Dakota were blessed with a healthy baby girl that they named Jesse. Dakota was afraid that Davy would do what her father did but when Davy seen the little bundle of joy looking up at him, he instantly fell in love with her.

Davy’s job as Marshal was pretty easy since the only real trouble were drunks and other people who disturbed the peace but that all changed when a band of outlaws rode into the small town and robbed the bank. In their getaway, Davy was shot and killed by one of the outlaws. Dakota was so grief stricken by the death of her husband and the love of her life and the whole town reminded her each day how Davy tried to keep the place peaceful. Dakota packed up everything they owned and left Virginia again and headed right back to Raleigh with her 2 year old daughter and got a job in the General Store that was owned by Antonio Bianchi, an Italian immigrant who came to America to escape Famine and for a better life to his family.

3 months after working in the store, Dakota received a telegram from a Marshal in North Fork, California for a position in Marshaling since the town was growing. Dakota immediately sent a wire back to the Marshal of North Fork and once again packed everything she owned and started the long journey with Jesse to California.

DISCLAIMER!!!!

Obviously I DO NOT OWN anything to do with the TV Show The Rifleman but I DO OWN all the ORIGINAL characters.

So for all those Lucas McCain fans out there, enjoy reading this and don’t forget to comment, subscribe, and recommend to everyone on Mibba!