Status: Currently re-writing this. Comments and Recs inspire me to continue! <3

Turn My World Upside Down

The First Goodbye

From that point on we were a family. I moved into her cabin on the Vistula River. She owns an island smack dab in the middle of Poland. It's about half a mile wide around, and heavily forested. It has two bedrooms, three bathrooms, an amazing kitchen and the living room is so welcoming. The basement is amazing. Jemma is having me stay there when I'm not at Hogwarts. There is a pool, basketball court, and a barn with horses. It's like some fantasy or something.

When I first got there I was in awe. Sure, my old house was huge, but this was some sort of dream! Jemma can afford it because she works in Romania as a nurse for the dragon caretakers. Apparently it pays well.

She took off a month to stay with me, make sure I was healing well, and help me get used to regular life. I did the same. My manager was very upset with me, she won't understand. She is a squib, so it's all good with planning around school. Although she knows about my magic, she has no idea how bad my family life is.

No one really but my inner circle knows. My parents sheltered me from the entire world. My sister and Dumbledore are really the only ones that know.

When Dumbledore came to make sure I was okay he brought the sorting with him. We discussed the idea of letting me wear a disguise for a while so that I could find out who I could really be friends with. After a while we decided that I would wear a disguise for two weeks, and try to make as many friends as I could. Then we turned to the sorting hat. I still remember the speech he gave me.

"Hmmm. You have quite a complex mind, my dear. Very complex. Ravenclaw would fit you well, you have the brightest mind I have ever encountered. Oh, but also quite dark. Yes, a horrible past. It has effected you very much, I'll say. Possibly Slytherin? Yes, quite a family history. But no, still very kind, very caring. Possibly Hufflepuff? But no, the kindness is more than that, your protective instincts are off the charts. Brave heart, heroic, you would do anything for a person in need. Your heart overpowers all else. GRYFINDOR!"

<3 <3 <3 <3

"Kati? You still on earth?" Jemma asked, waving her hand in my face. "You zoned out for a while there."

"Yeah, I'm okay." I told her, smiling and pretending that everything was normal.

"Good, because You need to be getting onto the train soon." She continued, starting to walk again. Both Anthony and I followed her, heading towards the huge scarlet train.

We loaded the bags in, stacking them gently on the overhead. I made sure to have my hand bag with all of my things. Until I can use my real name, I will be going by Kati Parks. After all seven bags were packed my sister said what we were all thinking.

"How in the world are you going to get all of this to your dorm?" She asked.

It was silent for a moment before a spell came to my mind. I pointed my wand towards the suitcases, using silent magic to shrink them all down to doll size. My sister looked at me in awe. Not many people are able to use silent magic.

"Jallinsburd is the most advanced wizarding school in the world. Only ten students are accepted each year, and I was the teachers pet kind of girl. That's probably why I didn't make any friends." I said in a single breath.

She looked at me approvingly, smiling. "You really are a genius." She said, hugging me.

Suddenly a whistle blared over the entire station, signaling that it was eleven thirty.

"I guess that means we have to go." Jemma said, pulling back from the hug and holding my shoulders.

"I'll miss you." I whispered.

"Don't worry. We will always be together. Forever." she said.

"And always." I said, smiling. I've finally felt that I may just have a family now.

She backed away, letting me hug Anthony. We were all smiling sadly as I watched my only real family disappear out of the train. I sat down, staring down at my lap and getting a hold on my emotions.

After a few moments of just sitting there I heard a noise as the door. Someone had cleared their throat. I looked up and saw a tall figure. He was a little under six feet, and his hair was so blonde it looked white. He wore a smirk on his face.

"Hey sexy." His low voice purred. I raised my eyebrows and curled my lip in disgust.

"What do you want?" I asked rudely.

"Well, if I were to tell the truth, I would say that I want you." He stated smoothly.

"Please." I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes and separating the word into two parts.

"I'm Draco, Draco Malfoy." He said, walking towards me and holding out his hand.

I glared at his hand, my mind turning. Lucas Malfoy's son. I had never actually met him before, but with how evil his father is and how perverted he is acting at the moment I could tell that I would rather not be around him.

After a moment he realized I wasn't going to shake his hand, so he pulled back.

"What did you say your name was?" He asked, inching towards me.

"I didn't." I replied shortly.

"What's wrong, babe?"

"Don't call me babe."

"Why not, sexy?" He was now close enough for me to smell his cinnamon breath.

"Will you just leave me alone?" I yelled, snapping and pushing him away.

In a second his entire face changed from seductive to complete rage. He grabbed my wrists before I could push him away and pushed me into the wall with enough force to make Martok squeal.

"What's your problem?" He asked, no longer using his light tone.

“Get off me, Draco.” I struggled under his firm grip.

“Why don’t you try to make me?” He yelled tightening his grip on my wrists and shoving me into the wall again.

I winced and took in a sharp breath. "Stop it!"

“No, you need to learn to respect your superiors!” He switched his grip from my wrists to my arms so fast that I didn’t register it before it was too late to escape. His grip was so tight that I couldn’t feel my arms.

“Draco, please stop it, that hurts!” I felt the tears in my eyes brim over and fall.

Before Draco could say anything someone appeared in the doorway. The only thing, other than his bright red hair and tall, muscular frame, was a shiny gold badge with the letter P on it. He looked furious and was holding his wand tightly.

“Back off Malfoy.” He said.

“Or what? Are you going to try to hex me again?” Draco asked laughing.

“Put her down now!” He said, pausing between every word, hatred echoed through his sentence.

“Fine!” Draco spat, throwing me down to the ground, causing me to hit my head. Everything went fuzzy.

I saw Draco walk out and I felt a sharp pain in my side, he must have kicked me. I heard the other guy yell out to Malfoy, but couldn't pick up what he had said. Suddenly there was someone by my side gently shaking me, but that was all I saw before everything went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everybody. Second chapter out! I hope you like it! Comments and Recommendations? I would also love it if you shared one of your own stories, I'll read anything.

Comment or Malfoy will hold you against your will.