Status: Co-Write In Progess :)

Love Has Second Chances

Final Decision

I was floating.

In nothing but black space.

It didn’t hurt; on the contrary, it felt wonderful.

I just drifted away.

Wait... I hear something..............................

No. I’m just imaging things.

Have I been here before?

Oh, wait. Everything looks the same. Nothing changes. Ever.

But I keep hearing things. I don’t know what they are, but they’re just noise. I’ll ignore them. But they’re so annoying. They keep on droning. My mind and hands tried to grasp what they were actually meaning, but it was being blocked. I wasn’t sure by what.

And it just goes on, and on, and on, and on... and on... and on...

I was floating.

In nothing but black space.

It didn’t hurt; on the contrary, it felt wonderful.

I just drifted away.

Wait... I hear something..............................

No. I’m just imaging things.

Have I been here before?

Oh, wait. Everything looks the same. Nothing changes. Ever.

But I keep hearing things. I don’t know what they are, but they’re just noise. I’ll ignore them. But they’re so annoying. They keep on droning. My mind and hands tried to grasp what they were actually meaning, but it was being blocked. I wasn’t sure by what.

And it just goes on, and on, and on, and on... and on... and on...

I was floating.

In nothing but black space.

It didn’t hurt; on the contrary, it felt wonderful.

I just drifted away.

Wait... I hear something..............................

No. I’m just imaging things.

Have I been here before?

Oh, wait. Everything looks the same. Nothing changes. Ever.

But I keep hearing things. I don’t know what they are, but they’re just noise. I’ll ignore them. But they’re so annoying. They keep on droning. My mind and hands tried to grasp what they were actually meaning, but it was being blocked. I wasn’t sure by what.

And it just goes on, and on, and on, and on... and on... and on...

I was floating.

In nothing but black space.

It didn’t hurt; on the contrary, it felt wonderful.

I just drifted away.

Wait... I hear something..............................

No. I’m just imaging things.

Have I been here before?

Oh, wait. Everything looks the same. Nothing changes. Ever.

But I keep hearing things. I don’t know what they are, but they’re just noise. I’ll ignore them. But they’re so annoying. They keep on droning. My mind and hands tried to grasp what they were actually meaning, but it was being blocked. I wasn’t sure by what.

And it just goes on, and on, and on, and on... and on... and on...

I was floating.

In nothing but black space.

It didn’t hurt; on the contrary, it felt wonderful.

I just drifted away.

Wait... I hear something..............................

No. I’m just imaging things.

Have I been here before?

Oh, wait. Everything looks the same. Nothing changes. Ever.

But I keep hearing things. I don’t know what they are, but they’re just noise. I’ll ignore them. But they’re so annoying. They keep on droning. My mind and hands tried to grasp what they were actually meaning, but it was being blocked. I wasn’t sure by what.

And it just goes on, and on, and on... and on... and on...... and on.........


"... hear... wakes... do... tell him?"

Whats' that sound?

“... don’t... really... know.”

They’re familiar... somehow...

“He won’t... kind... wakes.”

“... remember?”

“... depends... him.”

Are you talking about me?

“Whatever... decides... up... him.”

Footsteps...

“... scared.”

“... all are.”

I’m trying...

“When... wakes up... we need to tell... past.”

“... doesn’t remember.”

Come on!

“... will remember.”

“Yes he will.”

“Da... strai...”

“You think... wake up soon?”

“Yes! He will wake up soon. But the definition of soon changes, so... I’m not sure.”

THERE!

I screamed a gasp. My chest was heaving.

“George!”

Soon six faces were surrounding me, two one my left and three one my right.

“How are you, George?” A new voice pounced.

“Doctor! He’s awake!”

The doctor rushed to join those one my right side. “Can you tell me who the people around this bed are?”

I looked from my right to left, then back again. “Jordan, Dylan, Jorel, Matt, and Danny.”

“Yes!” I saw Jordan shout.

“Glad to have you back, buddy!” Dylan as he patted my shoulder. I noticed his Dove & Grenade tattoo was filled in.

“When you’d fill in your tat?” I asked.

He was about to answer when Jorel stopped him. Then he whispered something in his ear. Then everyone started nodding at each other.

“Why’s everyone nodding?” I asked

“George... we... um...” Matt stammered.

“We...” Jorel stuttered.

Danny exhaled an annoyed breath. “George, it’s been an entire year since you fell into a coma.”

One Year Later

“WHAT?!” I screamed.

“Calm down, George. It’s-”

“I DON’T CARE! WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?!”

“You don’t remember?” Jordan asked.

“No! Why, should I?” I was getting worried. Why? Everyone was exchanging glances, and their expressions were less than happy. Way less.

“You tried to... commit suicide,” Matt finally spoke up.

“... what?”

“Yeah. You tried to fall and...” Jordan tried to finish, but Jorel hoped in.

“You landed on a few spikes.”

“Then you tried to walk away like nothing happened, but you fainted. We found you a few hours later,” Dylan said.

My mouth dropped. “What?”

“I’m sorry you had to find out like this, George,” Danny said sadly.

“I... why?”

“We don’t know. You just disappeared one morning, then we found you by a river, bleeding like the wounded man you were,” Matt said.

“My... fuck. What happened to me?” I was in disbelief.

“We don’t know. It just happened,” Jordan said. “You don’t remember why you did it? Or anything else?”

“............... no. Nothing. I mean, I remember you guys, working on the album-speaking of, have you guys completed it yet? If I remember correctly, we were working on Beautiful Blood. Weren’t we?”

Another glance exchange.

“The album was already finished. We were on tour.” Jordan looked so depressed it was depressing.

“You’re kidding me. What-”

“Hey guys, I-oh... hi, George,” a girl with raven black hair said as she walked in.

I looked at her in puzzlement. “You a nurse?”

“You don’t remember me? Then again, you never really met me...”

Jorel walked up to her and took her out of the room.”

“Who is she?” I asked anybody who would answer me.

“Jorel’s new girlfriend,” Dylan answered.

“‘New’ girlfriend? I thought he was dating Veronica.”

Another glance exchange.

“She committed suicide, George. A few months before you fell under,” Matt answered.

“Well, fuck! What else have I missed?” I asked angrily.

“Not much, I think,” Danny responded. It felt like...

“You’re lying to me, Daniel.”

“Maybe I am. But if you don’t remember, than did it ever occur to you that maybe you don’t want to remember?”

He has a point. “Well... never mind.”

Just then, Jorel poked his head through the threshold.

“Guys, minusing George, come out here.”

“It’s not like I can get up anyway,” I replied.

Everyone said they’d be back in a few minutes, and then they left me all alone.

Nobody

“Guys, he’s missing a few pieces,” Jordan said as soon as he was out of George’s earshot.

“Like me!” Sydney piped up.

“And Jasmine,” Dylan added.

“Can you think of a reason George might forget about her?” Jorel asked Sydney, since she was going to medical school.

“Um... the only one that makes sense is that her memory was to painful, so his mind just blanked it out, along with a few other pieces.”

“So is there a way for him to remember her?” Danny asked.

“Of course, but we can’t force him. He has to remember on his own.”

“Why?”

“It might just cause him more pain, so were’re just gonna lead him in the right direction. But if he doesn’t remember, than he doesn’t, and we can’t force him.”

“So the love of his life is just gonna slip away like she never existed?” Danny asked.

“Yes. Unfortunately. If we could do something, then I’m sure we would.”

“But she disappeared. Every time we try to contact her, we get nothing.”

“And her mother! We can’t reach her, either.”

“So we just sit back and let everything fall into place?”

“That’s all we can do.”

“Thanks, babe,” Jorel said.

“I tried. If you need anymore medical advice, just holler, okay?”

Jorel put his forehead to hers. “Okay.” He kissed her and said goodbye as she went back to her internship.

“So... we wait until we can find Jasmine,” Matt said.

“Yup, faggot,” Jordan said proudly.

“Glad to see you haven’t changed,” Matt said in a slightly sarcastic tone.

“I’m just Charlie Scene,” he responded.

“And Charlie Scene is gay,” Matt quipped.

“Let’s just get back to George before visiting hours are over,” Danny said above the slight noise.

“‘Right boys, let’s go back up our man!”

Three Days Later

“Hey George,” Sydney said as she walked in.

“Hey! How’s it going?” I loved Sydney. She was just so adorable. I still wonder why only she was checking on me.

“Fine! But guess whaaaaaaat!” She sang cheerfully.

“What?” I stopped liking surprises a LONG time ago.

“You can finally go home!” Randomly, she ran up and hugged me.

“I can?!” YEAH!

“Yep! The doctor cleared you, and your free to get your stuff and head home! I’ll be driving, though.”

“That’s fine by me.”

“My shift is over, so I’ll wait for you by the reception desk outside, okay?”

“M’kay.”

She left with a skip in her step, and that left me to get dressed. My friends left me my usual ensemble: blue jeans with a belt, socks with Toms, and button shirt, with a wife beater to go under it. I got dressed, realizing that everyone was right. My stomach had two very ugly holes that were closed up with stitches. There were stitches on both my sides as well. All of the stitches were a inky black.

Did I really try to kill myself? What was I thinking?If my friends didn’t find me... God, I don’t wanna think about it. I quickly finished dressing, not trying to cause my wounds to burst open.

I walked out and saw Sydney standing up against the desk. She waved excitedly to me. I waved back.

“So, you ready?” She asked as I reached her.

“Yep. Ready to get on with my life. Literally,” I added under my breath.

“Alright, let’s go!” She led me to the elevator, with that little skip in her step. I don’t know why, but something seemed a bit... off.

We got to the parking garage and we found her black Toyota Prius. I didn’t like Toyotas, but I wasn’t complaining. Once we were in her small car, we drove off to home. Wait, do I still live in the same house? Oh, well. We’ll find out.

Long Road

We have been driving for exactly two hours. Where the fuck do I live that it takes so long? For Christ’s sake.

“Okay, spill. Where are we heading?”

“We are heading to the venue where the Much Music Awards are.”

“The Much Music Awards? What’s so important about an award ceremony? You in a band that we don’t know about?” I laughed inwardly at the last question.

“Nope. Were going to get your memory back. Hopefully, anyway.”

“How we gonna do that?”

“You’re gonna meet someone. Her... she’s important, that’s all I’m gonna say. You should know her when you see her.”

“At least give me a description of her before I go accusing people.”

“She has a kid. About a year oldish.”

“Woah, woah, is it mine?”

“No, but inside, I know you wish it was yours, even though you don’t know. THAT is all I’m saying.”

“That’s it? Nothing else?”

She kept quiet.

“Fine.”

We rode the rest of the way in silence.

Not Much Music Awards

We drove up to the Staples Center, and Sydney just randomly stopped the car. We were on the side of the building, where I saw Jordan just waiting.

“Okay, explain,” I said to Sydney while pointing at Jordan.

“Were having a threesome on stage.”

I stared at her with a blank expression, void of the dirty thoughts that were circling around my head, all of them not including her. “What?”

“He’s here for back up. You know, just in case.”

“In case of what?”

“An emergency. Duh,” she stated simply.

“An emergency of what?”

“Of anything.”

“You make no sense.”

“Woman never make sense to men.”

“Touche.”

“Now, the awards start at 9:00. It’s 8:00. Ja-she goes on stage at the beginning for a performance. You have exactly thirty minutes to catch up to her, or the other way around.”

“Okay. Anything I need, or need to know?”

She passed me a walkie-talkie. “When the deed is done, call Jordan, and he’ll call me. We’ll get in my baby and drove off like nothing happened.”

“With no mention of this to anyone?”

“None.”

“All right, let’s do this.”

Sydney gave both me and Jordan a thumbs up. I got out the car, and headed for the side door Jordan was now holding open.

“Here’s you a backstage pass, just in case.”

“What am I doing?” I asked him seriously.

“Whatever fate decides. Now move your sexy ass before I fuck it.”

“Glad to see you haven’t changed.”

“Matt said the same thing.”

“My mind is greater than his.”

“But you both know me so well.”

“You lost weight, Jo-Jo,” I said randomly.

“I know. I’m even sexier than before, if that’s possible.”

“I didn’t think it was-”

“MOVE YOUR BUTTS!” Sydney shouted at us.

“Women,” me and Jordan said simultaneously. Under out breaths, of course.

“Good luck, George.”

“Thanks.”

We kinda hugged, in an awkward manner.

With that all done, I headed into the arena. I was sick to my stomach, but I don’t think it was a stomach ache.

You Again

It was close to 9:00, and I still hadn’t found a trace of this girl I was supposed to be looking for. She has a kid, that’s all I know. A son, as Sydney communicated to me through the walkie a few minutes ago.

I was SO close to giving up when I noticed the old lady staring at me again. She looked back down, and started texting again. She’s been doing it for quite a few minutes now. I wasn’t sure why, but I thought she might be connected to this person I was looking for. But I didn’t do anything because a younger woman with a year oldish son walked up and hugged her. They ogled the boy, then lowered their voices even more. I knew they were talking about me.

“Excuse me sir, do you have a pass?”

I jumped at the voice. It was security.

“Huh?” I responded stupidly.

“Do you have a pass?”

It took me a while to get out of my trance that girl put me under. “Yeah, I do.” I flashed him my pass. He took it and inspected it.

“I’m sorry sir,” the dude started. “But this is a fake pass.”

“What?!” DAMN YOU, JORDAN!

“Sir, come with me.”

“I didn’t do anything!” I hated shit like this. Fucking pigs, man.

“Sir, just come with me.”

“No, I-”

“It’s okay! He’s with me,” The girl said.

“He is...?” He looked down at her son, who was already walking on his own. Except he was holding his mother’s hand. Then he just left. What a feminine cleaning product.

“George! I’m so glad your here!” She stood on her tip toes and hugged me tightly. Really tight. After she released me, her son actually waved at me. So cute. “We have so much to talk about!” Then she got on her tip toes again and smacked her lips into mine.

Her lips were soft, and they tasted like cupcakes. Her lip gloss rubbed against my slightly chapped lips, making them feel better. I was surprised because it felt familiar.

There’s just one problem. I gently put my hand to her stomach and softly pushed her back.

“I don’t know who you are!”