Status: In the process of editing!

When the Moon Rises

Fear

~Evie’s POV~

A few weeks have pasted since the night of the concert. I’ve spent a lot of my time with Matt; he’s everything I could ask for and more. He told me he’d seen Will after leaving mine and told him we were through. At first I worried that Will would go nuts and show up at my doorstep furious but I haven’t seen or heard from him since the concert and I was relieved.

In the first few days that Matt had said he’d spoken to Will I had been so scared that I had asked Matt to stay with me. We had talked into the early hours of the morning before I had gone to sleep in my own bed and he’d stayed in my guest bedroom. I wasn’t ready to be in a committed relationship so soon after Will. It wasn’t because I was sad. In fact I felt so free and happy again. I wanted to enjoy being single for a while. I had learnt that Matt and I had a lot in common. Music, food, hobbies the list went on. I smiled at the thought of one of my favorite moments with Matt so far.

“Evie, what is that smell?!” Matt walked in sniffing the air, I could see him close to drooling and I burst into a fit of giggles.
He advanced towards the stove where I was cooking and peers into the pot and pans.
“I’m making lasagne for dinner” I had recovered from my giggling to continue stirring the white sauce.
“Lasagne!” He cries out in happiness before scoping me up and planting several quick kisses on my cheek. I burst into another round of laughter.
“If you don’t put me down I won’t be able to make it in time” I stop laughing and pretend to scowl at him to which he promptly sets me down.
For the rest of the time I take to cook it, put it together and place it in the oven, he hovers over me. Watching intensely but I had grown use to his fixated stares.


“You okay Evie?” Matt is sitting on the couch beside me and his voice breaks my flashback and I come back to reality.
“Hmmm oh, yeah I was just remembering I had dishes to wash” I grin over at him and go to stand up
“Need help?” He offers about to stand up but I shake my head.
“It’s okay, you can continue watching the movie I won’t be long” I hum and pour water into the sink. I begin the dishes when I hear a car park in my driveway and I peer out.

Will gets out and slinks slowly up to my front door and I begin having a panic attack. I choke on my voice and my heart is hammering within my chest. Before I can call out Matt’s name Will is at my door, knocking.
I shuffle away from the door and turn to run into the lounge but Matt’s not in there. Seconds later I hear the door unlock and I’m paralyzed with fear and anticipation.

“What the fuck are you doing here” Will’s voice sounds contorted with anger.
“That’s funny I was going to ask you the same thing. Seems like you didn’t catch my threat” Matt responds but his voice sounds different, low and dangerous almost animalistic.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so I'm starting a new story schedule to try and even things out so I'll most likely only be posting one chapter a day instead of the usual two. Sorry but I've just become overwhelmed with all the stories I need to update and stories I want to begin writing. Thoughts?