Status: In the process of editing!

When the Moon Rises

Lights Out

~Evie’s POV~

Matt had threatened him? I felt myself move cautiously toward the front door. A sudden bang made me leap backwards in fright and I heard a yelp then an intake of breath. I forced myself to progress toward the door again. When I rounded the corner of the lounge I peeked out into the hallway. Matt had Will up against the entrance wall by the scruff of Will’s collar.

“Go to your room Evie” It wasn’t a question, it was a command. I stared at Matt and I surprised myself because I only felt fearful for Will. I’d never seen Matt so pissed off. Sure he had gotten mad when Will was bought up but he never directed his anger on me. Even now he was able to direct his anger on Will alone.
“Evie go to your room” Matt’s voice was controlled and cold.
“Yeah Evie go to your room like the good bitch you are” Will gives me a smirk but Matt wipes it clean of his face with a hard, fast right hook.

Will’s head snaps to the right and I cover my face with my hands. Matt hurls Will out the door and sends him flying out onto the gravel footpath that lead up to the door. Will was no match for Matt. He was a ragdoll compared to Matt. I felt the fear turn to shear terror and I quickly followed Matt as he strides up to Will.

“Get up!” Matt shouts standing in front of Will. Will obeys, standing up slowly and wiping the blood from the side of his mouth and nose. I stand in the doorway. I tried to summon up the incentive to go and stop Matt from hurting Will any further but I wanted Will to suffer just a little longer. I knew I was being cruel but for once I didn’t care.

“Who the fuck do you think you are, ruining a relationship between two people” Will screams and throws himself at Matt. They both collapse in a heap on the ground and all I can make out are fists flying in the general direction of the opponent. I see Matt flip Will and he has Will pinned down.
“Don’t make me laugh, you pathetic piece of shit” Matt gives Will another hard punch but this time aimed at his stomach.

Matt gets off of Will and walks a bit away in the opposite direction of us. I could see Matt physically shaking with fury and I wasn’t sure what to do. I’m about to run over to Matt when Will gets up and limps toward me.
“Baby let’s talk about this rationally, you don’t need a sack of muscle pretending to love you when you have me. I can change” He moves closer to kiss me and without a second thought I raised my hand and sent him a swift slap. Both of us were stunned. I’d never lashed out at anyone before. I always suffered quietly.

We stared each other down for a few more minutes and with each minute he seemed to recover from the initial shock. My lips part to automatically apologise but he seemed to be quicker to respond to me.
“You’re nothing but a slut” He hisses and he goes to grab me.
I flinch back and duck under his arms. For once I was grateful for my small size. I grin at my bravery but it falters when I stumble and fall flat on my ass. Will uses my tumble to his advance and just as he reaches out to me he stops.

His mouth hangs open and pure horror forms on his face. Confused I turn around and I’m greeted by a wolf creature standing on two hind legs, he’s crouched down so his muzzle is within inches of my face. A scream catches in my throat and I’m frozen, petrified. Where was Matt? I panicked and darted my eyes around but I could only see bits of ripped cloth.

A sudden realisation hits me. This creature was Matt. Matt was a werewolf. I struggle for breath and I feel my world turn black.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's 1:23am in the morning so please forgive me if there are grammar or spelling mistakes. I'm putting this chapter up now because I'm going to be busy later today (once I sleep and wake up) and I wanted to keep my promise to update once a day at least so here's the chapter for today. Enjoy my lovely's :)